View Full Version : Strattera Side Effects

JmeB78
10-09-06, 08:40 PM
I've been reading the side effects but i've never had eny exept diffeculty falling asleep. :faint:Has eny one had eny of them?:confused:

livinginchaos
10-11-06, 12:33 AM
hmmm sorry, Jme! I don't have experience with Strattera. I'm sure another member can let you know :)

Courtney

*~ žEEK ~*
10-11-06, 01:21 AM
I had some headaches, sweating, and some motivation problems, but they mostly have disappeared as time has gone on.

peridot
10-11-06, 05:07 AM
Some sedation (not such a bad thing, I'm feeling right now --but that's a different story), some heartburn, irritability -- lessened with time. Then it made me apathetic, nauseated, and depressed -- but these side effects were probably due to a drug interaction.

DaveHawk
10-12-06, 08:59 AM
one of the side effects I realy like is the vivid dreams.

*~ žEEK ~*
10-12-06, 08:36 PM
Then it made me apathetic, nauseated, and depressedYeah, I wrote that I had motivation problems. Apathetic fits just as well I guess.

I can't decide if it's the sinus infection I have making me lazy, or if it's the Strattera.

I guess I'll figure it out when I get rid of the sinus infection.

ScottI
12-21-06, 07:25 AM
I'm on Strattera as well and I do experience bits of apathy and sleeping problems from time to time, also stomachs. I've also been worrying a lot lately and I can't figure out why. But I have picked up the practice of meditation and excercise, so I can feel like I can stay constant with some and hopefully with hardwork something good will happen.

*~ žEEK ~*
12-22-06, 04:17 AM
I'm on Strattera as well and I do experience bits of apathy and sleeping problems from time to time, also stomachs. I've also been worrying a lot lately and I can't figure out why. But I have picked up the practice of meditation and excercise, so I can feel like I can stay constant with some and hopefully with hardwork something good will happen. Welcome to the forums ScottI, and good luck! :)

mcovey
01-06-07, 04:04 AM
I took them and for a few days after my first dose, then ramping up, I had dry mouth, extremely painful orgasm (which continued to be painful after I "got used" to my dose), devestating apathy and my mind just felt blank. I also lost my appetite for about 6 hours after taking it... suffice to say it was hell and I took myself off it after 4 weeks, before the first bottle had even run out. I would never try it again, myself... I was contemplating suicide daily (I know it's a side effect, but I was also aware I'd never do it) and I'm so much happier unmedicated than on that stuff.

Unfortunately my doctor doesn't believe in ADHD and that's the only stuff she'd prescribe.

fireworks inc.
01-25-07, 06:36 PM
i have difficulty :faint: sleeping also. i have to go to the doctor's soon and see if strattera is actually working. i think strattera is better than adderall though.

netsavy006
01-27-07, 09:43 PM
I had problems with the strattera. My sleep actually was ok but I got bad agiation from it so i had to stop it for good. that's one med I will never try again.

MS0178
02-11-07, 08:51 PM
I have been taking Strattera for just over two weeks now. Three days at 25mg, now at 60mg. I have several side effects that havent subsided yet: sweating, decreased libido, difficulty sleeping all the way through the night(even when I take my meds at 6am), tingling of the head, frequent goosebumps all over for no reason, and a generally disconnected feeling in my head. I am going to give it a fair chance, but honestly if the sweating, sleeping and sex dont return to normal, Ill have to look to something else for help.

Alpha One
02-14-07, 01:41 PM
I've had a weird bad taste in my mouth from Strattera. I also got stomachaches when I took it in the mornings. We moved it to before bed so this wouldn't happen. Unfortunately awhile ago my parents just decided to move it to the morning again without talking to my doctor. Thankfully this was fixed.

auntchris
02-14-07, 02:34 PM
Hi there, Yes I have had the bad headaches and insomnia. I lost alot of weight too and it has stayed off. I was put on Stratterra a few yrs ago so it is hard to remember but the side effects disappear after about 6 weeks. So give it a chance.

Rev_kareline
02-18-07, 07:19 PM
When first diagnosed with ADD in early '05, I was put on Stratera. It didn't help me. The first day I was on it (Christmas Eve), I fell asleep sitting up during the middle of the Christmas Eve sermon, then almost threw up just looking at dinner that night. So, pretty much it made me feel nauseous, fatigued, and then everytime I would stand up from sitting down or laying down, my eyes would blank out for a good 20 seconds (that's a LONG time). And by "blank out" I mean I'd be blind even in a really bright room, then eventually my vision would fade back and I'd get feeling back into my head...

The nausea and fatigue kinda went away, but the blanking out part stayed. I still couldn't focus on work and had no motivation. I was only on Stratera for like, 3 months before I went on Adderall and loved it.

Michiko74
02-20-07, 01:18 AM
Honestly I can't tell if my side effects are from the dexedrine or the strattera.. although when I take the two close together, it gives me wicked heart burn! And I found the stuff to be pretty hard on my stomach. I've been taking it for several months, and I find that I still have to eat something before I take it. Also, if I skip a day and go back on it, it's just murder on my stomach too. It passes, but ugh.. the time when it's here, blah!

Rev_kareline
02-20-07, 05:41 PM
I take Adderall and Prozac every morning... I have to eat something before AND after I take it, because if I don't eat something after I get that terrible feeling of acid reflux/heartburn whatever, and then my upper chest hurts. It's crazy and it sucks. So I can't just eat breakfast then take it, I have to take the meds halfway through the meal.

xyser
02-21-07, 04:31 PM
the first 8 or more days i couldn't fall asleep aftertaking it! took me like 2 hours to go to sleep haha..now im not sure if it does or not?? anyways, i used to wake up at 1am, 3am, 5am, and 7am when taking the meds...idk if it's the meds or not? i think it's still happning but i don't have a clock so i'm not sure?? lost of appitite? what does that mean lol? i just don't feel like "eating food" sometimes..a little bit more then normal and it's different? me or the meds i have no idea! i just feel like eating sweet stuff and it is as if i don't get hungry?? any ideas haha

MS0178
02-21-07, 05:43 PM
the first 8 or more days i couldn't fall asleep aftertaking it! took me like 2 hours to go to sleep haha..now im not sure if it does or not?? anyways, i used to wake up at 1am, 3am, 5am, and 7am when taking the meds...idk if it's the meds or not? i think it's still happning but i don't have a clock so i'm not sure?? lost of appitite? what does that mean lol? i just don't feel like "eating food" sometimes..a little bit more then normal and it's different? me or the meds i have no idea! i just feel like eating sweet stuff and it is as if i don't get hungry?? any ideas haha
I had the same problem with sleeping after starting strattera. I started taking melatonin at night, first 3mg, then 6mg when that didnt work. I also take 200 mg of 5htp daily. No more sleep problems. I also was waking up exactly every two hours (ok, not exactly, give or take 10 min). The side effects start to lessen after a couple weeks, but its well worth the wait. I almost switched due to the side effects, but decided to stick it out for six weeks, and I am really glad I did!

xyser
02-21-07, 06:02 PM
how do you know it's working lol? i remeber when i took my friend's rittlin(sp!) um, and i was almost "high" but i didn't feel "high" i just felt the focusing stuff...two more days and i'll be in the 2 week mark on 25mg...the docotor says i needd around 85mg which is alright w/ me...idk i just feel normal and spazy like before

MS0178
02-21-07, 06:08 PM
how do you know it's working lol? i remeber when i took my friend's rittlin(sp!) um, and i was almost "high" but i didn't feel "high" i just felt the focusing stuff...two more days and i'll be in the 2 week mark on 25mg...the docotor says i needd around 85mg which is alright w/ me...idk i just feel normal and spazy like beforeI didnt start noticing the effects until about 20 days. My doc said it can take up to six weeks to build up to theraputic levels in the body. The first couple weeks were same as always, then I started noticing little things first. My room started staying a little more organized, and I just seemed to feel a little better.
Then a few days ago I noticed that my irratability was completly gone. No road rage or anything. I did some reading for a class yesterday and noticed that I was able to stay focused for a couple pages instead of a couple sentences. I even had a professor at school tell me that I seemed like I was a lot more calm and at ease. What is your body weight? I hear that the dosing is supposed to be between 1.2 and 1.5 grams per Kg. (1Kg = 2.205 lbs). I am taking 80 mg right now and will ramp up to 100 next week.

PS Ritalin. :D

Just Weird
03-09-07, 05:40 PM
Hey, I take Strattera 2 and Ihave trouble falling asleep but never any of the ther stuff.:)

auntchris
03-31-07, 05:00 PM
Just Weird, I am on a combination of Celexa and Strattera. I take the Celexa at night and it makes me drozy enough to go to sleep and help with sleeping ... I take the strattera in the morning/

spartan
04-01-07, 10:46 PM
i had taken concerta for a long time. before i switched over to strattera i had always felt fogged. too many side affects. when i switched over to strattera that all went away. i could sleep better, no more foggyness, and i could concentrate better. but, strattera raised my adrenaline level. i started to do stupid things that eventually got me kicked outta my high school. i was also really aggresive and angry at everyone. now im bak on concerta but hopefully i will soon switch to dexedrine.

jittery guy
04-07-07, 05:43 PM
i didnt sleep for three weeks strait so i stoped and switched to adderall and now i am sideaffect free. YIPPEE!!

auntchris
04-08-07, 03:44 PM
wow that is great, I know when I take the strattera it make me tired for alittle bit, then I am fine. I take it in the morning so if I am on the go then the tiredness is minimal. Good reason why I dont drive not the onley though.