View Full Version : Questions about adderall

jman05
10-10-06, 07:37 PM
How long until adderall is supposed to take care of the innatentiveness and how long until the lack of sleep wears off?

LittleD1981
10-10-06, 08:10 PM
The inattentiveness will be addressed shortly after taking the medication, but dependant on whether you are taking the instant release version or the XR version, but within the hour with both. Same goes for when it wears off, different for each version. Approximately 4-6 hours for instant release and 6-8 hours for XR, so I've heard. Notice there is a 2 hour gap, as each person reacts differently to the medicaiton and at different doses.

SDspedTEACHER
10-10-06, 09:03 PM
Other than the time they last is there a big difference between XR and IR

LittleD1981
10-10-06, 09:22 PM
All I know is very simple. (Simple knowledge for simple-minded folk...hehehe) The Adderall XR is equivalent to two doses of the instant release Adderall, timed approximately 4-5 hours apart. I've heard from personal accounts, that the XR is more gradual feeling in its effectiveness than the instant release version. Also, I've heard that Adderall, in general, itself, is more gradual than methylphenidate. All depends on each person, though, as everyone's body chemistry is different. Other than that, no big difference between the two, not to my knowledge anyway.

KFabulous
10-20-06, 02:39 AM
The IR hits faster and works better in my personal opinion. But everyone is so different. So that could just be me...