View Full Version : getting a doctor

10-11-06, 07:18 PM
How do I find an MD to diagnose and treat ADHD in Arizona?

Desert Dweller
10-11-06, 11:40 PM
I am having the same problem but I am in Tucson. My PCP said it doesnt' exsit drug companies pushing drugs blah blah blah....

If you have health insurance try calling them and asking for help locating a mental health provider on your plan that specializes in ADHD. There are 144 on my list so I am starting to make calls......

10-13-06, 03:09 PM
I was lucky apparently. My DD was diagnosed with the help of her school. We went to her pediatrician who is not an expert on ADHD, but did prescribe a med. My dd's grades improved dramatically, her mood improved dramatically, she did become more introverted. Since her diagnosis, I have been diagnosed. This is not a made up disorder. I am not a Dr, but I do speak from personal experience.

We have recently found through our insurance a child psychiatrist whom we will be seeing for further assessment. Our pediatrician is wonderful but is not an ADHD or mental health expert.

My suggestion to anybody looking for help is to check out the CHADD website, the ADD website, your private insurance coverage, local mental health clinics, local hospitals, medical universities, etc.

Good luck on your search and don't give up. I also suggest finding someone who not only specializes in ADHD but other disorders as well. You want someone who is knowledgable with a wide area of disorders, not just ADHD. (hope that made sense)

10-13-06, 07:47 PM
Welcome Raz! I sent you a PM. :-)