View Full Version : Desoxyn, My friends med-I'm envious

attention
10-12-06, 05:51 AM
;)
http://i.bluelight.ru/g//503/Desoxynb100_193v0.JPG

"take 2 tabs 3x daily=30mgs Desoxyn.180 tabs per month:)

The smoothest, most effective, least SE ridden med they have tried.

His Doc is very old-perhaps this helps.

BrightShadow
10-12-06, 03:49 PM
Sounds interesting... haven't heard of that one
-Bright Shadow

UnleashTheHound
10-12-06, 04:00 PM
Desoxyn is a legal form of methamphetamine that is sometimes prescribed for ADHD. Because of that fact, it's less popularly prescribed. Not because it's more inherently more dangerous or addictive than Adderall or Ritalin when used properly, but because meth has a bad rap.

Desoxyn is often brought up by the anti-med crowd as sort of a scare tactic or a way to discredit ADHD (The 'people fake ADHD to get drugs' argument.)

BrightShadow
10-12-06, 04:12 PM
Its sad to think how people fake adhd to get meds... while the meds help me I honestly prefer not to have to take them... but I guess that only further explains why students sell their adhd drugs to non adhd teens in highschool. Over all a sad situation :(
-Bright Shadow

attention
10-12-06, 07:10 PM
http://i.bluelight.ru/g//503/Desoxynb100_193v0.JPGDesoxyn
180 Desoxyn 5mg tabs (Ovation pharms)

"Desoxyn is a legal form of methamphetamine that is sometimes prescribed for ADHD. Because of that fact, it's less popularly prescribed. Not because it's more inherently more dangerous or addictive than Adderall or Ritalin when used properly, but because meth has a bad rap.

DESOXYN IS LESS DANGEROUS THAN ADDERALL N ESP RITALIN, it lasts along time, is the smoothest medical stimulant in use.

The bad rap is cos of first:
1-the liquid form (methedrine) became the prefered form with addics in the 60's
2-current media hysteria of bathtub cooked 'Crank'

jerry83
10-12-06, 09:29 PM
http://i.bluelight.ru/g//503/Desoxynb100_193v0.JPGDESOXYN IS LESS DANGEROUS THAN ADDERALL N ESP RITALINWhy? Are you sure?

attention
10-13-06, 12:01 PM
DESOXYN 2,5mg IR tabs 3x daily.

I've reviewed some other ADHD treatments here rather poorly (i.e. Ritalin and Adderall), but *this* is a true wonder-drug for the disorder. It has all the qualities you could possibly want in an ADHD med--it doesn't cause anxiety, it barely raises heart rate or blood pressure, it totally wipes out depression and fatigue, and it lasts a full *twelve* hours--not 3-6 hours like those "other" drugs. My ADHD symptoms have been completely relieved by using this drug. The only other medication that worked for me was Dexedrine, but it caused a horrible crash when the effects wore off. With Desoxyn, you just make sure to take your second dose an hour before the first dose wears off and you're golden. :-)-also 'smoother'. thought not as smooth as Abbotts Pharms, SR, 5-15mg "Gradumet" tabs which were a plastic resin tab, with the active ingredient bpund up in it (abuse proof). You coild take a dose in the morning, and be fine all day-a full 12 hours effect.

The Ovation Pharms 5mg Ir Desoxyns
http://www.ovationpharma.com/images/products/desoxyn/mininfo-1.jpg
have a quick and short acting 'burn' feel to them, hence the 3-4x dosing daily.

UnleashTheHound
10-13-06, 03:36 PM
Why? Are you sure?
The information I've seen seems to indicate it's about equally as dangerous as Adderall.

As far as I can tell reason methamphetamine is a bigger concern for drug abuse than plain amphetamine is simply because it's easier to produce in makeshift labs

attention
10-13-06, 10:30 PM
"makedhift mrth" is poison!!

Pharm grade Desoxyn is clean and purer-you know what you are getting (5mgs pure Methylamphetamine+inert binders).

Meth/amphetame has more cardio-activity then Methylphenidate, over many years, but Desoxyn has a greater effect on focus/wakefullness/ clear headedness, over other stims, with LESS adverse effects on BP,agitation,fitters.

toastermax
10-16-06, 05:33 AM
so you only take Desoxyn? I was taking Adderall XR30mg and Dex 10mg IR but since reading the board and seeing and recognizing the side effects of Adderall XR, I stopped taking ADDXR and wow, the difference is amazing. The neck pain, the irritability, the inability to sleep, etc. are all gone. The DEX is good but not what i expected, i am a bit more focused but only a bit more. I still am impulsive, a bit short tempered and fidgety but its better than without it. I am wondering seriously about Des, now i only have to find a new doctor that actually knows more about ADD than me. If only there was a Dr. Hallowell in every city... Philadelphia is a wasteland, only Psychiatrists are morons or money hungry fools who know nothing about this disorder. Well, anyway. How often do you take your doses, how many hours apart??