View Full Version : Ok, parent is takeing me to see docter...and I'm a little scared about meds...

Vhan
10-25-06, 12:55 AM
After talking to my dad he agreed (after I broke down crying) that he would take me to see the docter and find out if I have ADHD...

but being put on meds...well

If that takes away my ADHD symptoms, then wouldent it also take away a large part of who I am? alot of my friends are ADHD, would I even, connect with them anymore? would I start finding them annoying and stuipid instead of spontanious and fun?

Another thing is that I want to be shure that I'm not a "Gifted loneley child" Foghat said something about this, and even someone in RL said that considering me, that could be a possibility...

So bacically how am I supposed to tell the docter when he uses that phrase all docters seem to do when they walk in flipping through you folder "so whats wrong with you?"

Responce #1) scilence, and let my dad talk :(
#2) I think I'm either ADHD, or a "Gifted Child" :D
#3) I dont know :rolleyes:

I mean, this isnt just something I can pop out and say...The last time I suggested that I may be bored in my classes my teachers laughfed at me (literally) The last time I said I may have ADHD my mom said that was just me being lazy and avioding responceability...

I'm worried that If I get put on meds and I dont have ADHD im just gifted and bored, then well, to my dad It would look like I was just makeing more excuses for my F in life...

But really, I'm kinda takeing a step into the dark here, and I'm pretty alone on this one...My dad still doesnt know that I cut/did cut myself...He doesnt know about the depression, I was liveing with my mom during those years, and I dont know what she told him...I dont know what to expext...

It sounds really cheesey but I'm scared..:eyebrow:

--Vhan

Crazy~Feet
10-25-06, 02:31 AM
Vhan I take a lot of meds and I can guarantee you...I am still me ;) I am a 40 year old whacky granny and I hope you do well with the doc, dear.

boone1
10-25-06, 06:26 AM
Meds shouldn't change the preson you are. (IMO)
I don't really notice the difference myself when im on meds, but my friends and family do. They think Im better on meds.

And it's possible to be ADHD and gifted.

Good luck at the docs :)

Crazy~Feet
10-25-06, 06:29 AM
Good point Boone! My father, my children and I are all gifted...and loaded with ADHD. I seem to remember reading somewhere that most people with an IQ over 160 will exhibit some symptoms of ADHD, even if so mild as to be a "personality trait"...think absent-minded professorial model there.

Foghat
10-25-06, 12:29 PM
Another thing is that I want to be shure that I'm not a "Gifted loneley child" Foghat said something about this, and even someone in RL said that considering me, that could be a possibility...
--VhanVhan- When I said that you might be a "gifted lonely child"... I didn't mean that to exclude a diagnosis of ADHD... or anything else for that matter. Many people with ADHD are and were considered gifted throuought their lives.

From what I've read, ADHD can be a double edged sword. You get the gift of an "overactive mind" (as opposed to what I'm not sure)... and a partial inability to aim it.

It's easy to become a "loner" if you can't seem to follow the interests people your own age, and by the same token, they can't keep up with your ideas/thoughts. The problem lies in that there are more of them than there are of you... so you are made to feel inferior. While their brains are concentrated on the next new "plaything"... your mind is on the next new "world changer" or invention. If not that... It's trying to understand how something works and how it could work better.

From your posts... I can tell that you are in turmoil. I get the fact that you feel alone and misunderstood... If I'm right... your father doesn't get you either, and for this reason... I'd suggest that you speak to your doctor/psych alone. It's too easy for a father to lead you when a doctor/psych asks questions... and much harder to express your true feelings... and without the truth... there's almost nothing that a doctor or a psychiatrist can do for you.

I would like give an opinion that: nothing that the doctor/psych is going to do will make you feel like you are "normal" or "like everyone else". In my "Opinion" drugs and therapy will help you to better deal with who you are... and how to understand yourself better. It sounds kind of pointless when it's put like that... If you understand yourself... you can better understand those around you.

Heh... the thing is... we care to understand... not just about ourselves... but about everything. We don't want just to know how... but why...
It's the need to know thing I guess. I seek information like an addict seeks drugs... I can't help it... It's what gets me high.:o

From your poem I get two things... 1. You are a very talented poet and have a way with expressing words. 2. You have very strong feelings.

Everyone I've ever known has an outlet for their emotions. I know one person that uses chocolate to deal with stress... I know another that has to do yoga after a stressfull day. Another friend of mine eats habanero peppers to deal with stress(I tried this and I think I'd rather cut myself a few times:faint:). The thing is that you have to learn about you... and you have to find a healthy way to deal with your stress and emotions. I do things that many people don't understand all the time... and most times I don't understand why I do them myself... but I'm learning:D. Oh... and I'm 30...

I can't say that life is ever going to get easier... but I can say that life is NOT going to get easier if you don't take an active part in shaping your future self.

Anywhoo... I hope you understand that I'm not qualified to give medical or psychological advice... and that I'm in the same sea/river/ocean rowing with cupped hands as you are... and that it doesn't matter how you seek help... just that you do.:D

charonshanti
10-25-06, 03:28 PM
After talking to my dad he agreed (after I broke down crying) that he would take me to see the docter and find out if I have ADHD...

So bacically how am I supposed to tell the docter when he uses that phrase all docters seem to do when they walk in flipping through you folder "so whats wrong with you?"Vhan, here's what you do.
1) Go to one of the online tests for ADD. Take the test, print it out, and hand it to the doctor. Just pick the one you like best. You can find more on the internet (google ADHD rating scale) but here's a few:
http://www.amenclinics.com/ac/tests/add_test1.php
(These two are for girls, sorry, can't tell from your post!)
http://www.addvance.com/help/women/girl_checklist.html
http://www.addvance.com/help/women/girl_questionnaire.html

2) Make a list of your symptoms or challenges that might be from ADD. Make it as simple as you can, doctors run out of time quick. Use the list for a guide to talk to the doctor, or just hand it to him with your test, and say these words: "I need help with this." Even if your dad explains the situation, tell the doctor you want help. Gets the doctor's attention.

All you have to know is that you have difficulties and they might mean ADD. Don't be embarassed because they might mean something else. That's the doctor's job to figure it out. And if you're gifted, well, that wouldn't be unusual for an ADD'er!:cool:

And about cutting, your doctor needs to know about that.... but you get to decide when you're going to tell him. Hopefully you'll get to talk to the doctor privately. But don't keep it to yourself too much longer, ok? One step at a time. I'm so glad you're going to the doctor. Don't let anyone's negativity change the fact that you're doing something important for yourself and your future.

Vhan
10-25-06, 08:11 PM
Heh, thanks charonshanti, (btw, im a guy lol) Ill have to take one of those tests, But does the docter really have to know...

Thanks Fog, for clearing all that up.

Crazy Feet, thanks for clearing up that bit about the meds.

appointment is on friday...anything else I should know? Like how can I tell if the docter knows what he is talking about? or, anyone got a creative way to get get my dad to leave the room so I can talk to the docter?

charonshanti
10-26-06, 01:07 AM
appointment is on friday...anything else I should know? Like how can I tell if the docter knows what he is talking about? or, anyone got a creative way to get get my dad to leave the room so I can talk to the docter?Vhan, re: does the doctor really have to know... like Foghat says, if the doc doesn't know what's really going on, he can't help.

BUT.. I personally never give the doc everything on the first visit. I throw him the biggie problem and see how he handles it. ADD-type symptoms are a really good way to start with this doc and see how far you're willing to trust him. But at some point, when you find a doctor you trust, yes, you need to give him the whole picture.

Let's see, hmm... creative ways to get dad to leave the room. Get into the exam room, excuse yourself for a quick trip to the restroom, and on your way back from the restroom ask the nurse if she can tell the doctor that you'd like to talk to him privately. It's risky, though....[doctor] "So, young man, I understand you want to talk to me privately. Sir, I'd like you to step outside for a minute..." Some doctors will ask to speak to you privately on their own if they don't like the way the picture is adding up. You could ask your dad (once you're in the waiting room) if he would mind if you talk to the doctor alone. That one could have some fun consequences too.

How to tell if the doctor knows what he's talking about. Well, we'd all like to know the answer to that one! If he takes you seriously, it's good. Go with what he has to say if he sounds reasonable. If he doesn't take you seriously, ask your dad for a second opinion and come back to the forum for suggestions on where to go next.

In the long run, educate yourself so you know what's going on and can work with and evaluate the doctor. This is also really important for you: check out the co-existing conditions sections of this forum and see if any of them "feel" right to you. Some look like ADD, and it's better to sift thru yourself rather than waiting for a doctor to say, "hey, you've got {} along with/instead of ADD." Which might happen...never. You don't have to do it this week or this month, but it will be part of finding what works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Vhan
10-26-06, 10:15 PM
Ok, I took the test.

Results:

ADD combined type: Not Probable

ADD inattentive type: Highley Probable

Cingulate system hyperactivity: May be Possible

Limbic system hyperactivity: Highley Probable

Basal Ganglia hyperactivity: may be possible

Temporal lobe syestem: not probable

--err so there ya have it. wish me luck tomorrow...

Imnapl
10-26-06, 10:51 PM
Good luck, Vhan.

charonshanti
10-27-06, 02:42 AM
Thinking of you & hoping all goes well.... let us know.

meadd823
10-27-06, 05:32 AM
It is tomorrow, your writtings dude I hope remembered the conversation we had where I suggested you take writtings and post. Pooh it is like me to be a day late, I hate moving, it takes away from the thngs I would rather be doing!

PS thanks Foghat you said a lot of the same things I would have my apologies for not getting here sooner. Meds help some of the symptoms but it sure in the heck doesn't make one a different person I am still late to every thing including but not limited to threads.

Vhan
10-27-06, 02:30 PM
The Doc turned out to be a really nice guy...only problem not only was my dad there, but my brother as well (the last time I had one of my "add moments" was when I fell asleep in the car and forgot were we were going, my brothers responce was "I ought to punch you in the face you little *****" then he threw my CD player at my head...lol)

I told my dad and brother that I wanted to be alone with the docter when he questioned me, they both took it well, but I kind of shot myself in the foot because when the doc came in he wanted to talk to my priviteley anyway...

My brother thought that I didn't have ADD and that if I got meds I would turn into some kind of mindless drone... My dad just kept saying "I was there when we did all the tests last time" With a tone that said "You are wasteing my time and money, you dont have add"

O yea, and get this, both my brother and my dad dont think I have adhd/add because I play World of Warcraft...I dont know what thier reasoning is, but just because I play doesn't mean that I FOCUS ON IT THE ENTIRE TIME IM PLAYING! personally...its kinda boreing. But I mean really...what kind of grouds is that? "He can sit down and play games there is no way he has ADHD!"

==sigh== and the doc...

he did the normal thing "so whats up with you" (I couldent stop fidigeting in my seat, and I just wanted to pace the room...) I kinda stammerd and stumbled up my responces...I never told him about the self mutilitation...or ANYTHING of the matter...And in retrospect im glad because he turned around and told my dad EVERTHING that I said...

He remarked that he was suprised how smart I was and then he did something strange, he checked my teeth and gums...anyway

Shortley afterwords he gave me a prescription for Concerta.

Then he gave me a Bipolar test, left the room, came back and changed the presceription to fourteen 18mg pills of Concerta to see how I would react to the drug, then he told my dad to "watch my behavior" witch I can understand...i guess:(

He said that "It might possibility aggravate my bipolar symptoms"

But he pretty much said "if you have more positive effects than side effects of the drug, and you know it helps then wala, you are diagnoised"

He thought that I had a mild depression...I didn't bother correcting him that It was slightley severe...now that I think about it how did he know anything about that depression...All I said was "I had a 2 year depression"...he must have talked to my dad...

I told him that I write dark poetry...but he didn't ask to see any of it, and I didn't bring any prints of my blog...

It was very sudden...and I dont think that any of the topics were properley gone over...but maybe thats just me...

==Sigh== well I get a new shiney bottle of pills tomorrow....yay...

charonshanti
10-27-06, 07:05 PM
Hey, Vhan. Hmmm. (Sigh.) Good thing you're bright. Great that the doctor is starting you on meds!

For your family's information, hyperfocusing on something that interests your brain is one of the symptoms of ADD / ADHD. Sheesh.

Keep writing so you can look back and see how the Concerta is affecting you. You are going to be your most reliable observer.

If you feel an improvement on the Concerta, your family may be more positive toward ADD/related diagnosis and treatment if your improvement improves their life in some way. Or not. But it's worth a try. My mom was too ADD herself to be very supportive.

Hopefully the doctor gave you an idea of side effects, what to expect, what to watch out for. There's a forum section on Concerta. http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

and a GREAT (though long--60 min) video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1756566292420454238&q=ADhD&hl=en

It's a little technical but you'll learn a lot about ADHD & medications. It kinda bogs in the middle but gets more informative about meds again toward the end.

If you don't get relief with the Concerta or continue to feel that there's a lot that doesn't get addressed, think about asking the doctor if he can refer you to a psychologist or psychiatrist. Money and insurance are always issues here, but there are also county clinics (at least in the US) that are not as expensive.

Let us know how it goes.

Crazy~Feet
10-27-06, 08:53 PM
It truly can make a tangle if ADD exists with Bipolar (and it very often does) because the use of stimulants or antidepressents can and do trigger mania/hypomania. Its even more complex when the person has cyclothmia or BPII plus Predominantly Inattentive ADHD because hypomania is easily confused with/looks like an increase in functional ability due to mew ADHD meds :faint:.

Just keep posting Vhan :) we'll help ya through it! I love my Concerta and its OK for others to observe you (we PI types miss a lot through our continuous spacing out :o and I myself had to ask for feedback many times) and do make sure to note anything you feel differently about when unmedicated and medicated...I suggest writing that stuff down though ;) you know how it is, LOL!

Vhan
10-27-06, 10:53 PM
thanks alot,

for everything.

Ill be shure to post the effects, tomorrow I start the meds..:p :confused: :o :(

That really isnt good...if I really do have bipolar....I dono i'll jus see how I feeltomorrow...

meadd823
10-28-06, 03:11 AM
Vhan I am soo glad the docotr was a nice guys, maybe not to up-to date on ADD but he did hear a little of what you did say perhaps gave it some thought. . . . . I was worried the whole time until I read this thread and saw you were back. . . . .this doesn't seem easy because it isn't. It is hard enough of those of us who are adults I can see where it is even harder having to contend with parents who obviously know less about ADD than you do.

Here are some myth busters for you. . . .

First and formost ADD and video games. . . .

You play vidoe games so you can't be ADD??? Two words - Horse hocky. . . . .(or cow patties which ever)

Do ADDers play video games? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33128)

do wild bears (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12354)

poop in the woods? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26314)

My brother thought that I didn't have ADD and that if I got meds I would turn into some kind of mindless drone

Okay many of us responding are on meds, I am now. I actually respond better when I take my pills at least I get close to the topic. . . . .so who is more mindless us or your brother? That was easy wasn't it- :p

My dad just kept saying "I was there when we did all the tests last time" With a tone that said "You are wasting my time and money, you donít have add"

Actually there is no such thing as test (or testing) for ADD, so thinking their is one was a waste of time, not taking you to the doctor.

Link to basic information (http://www.umm.edu/patiented/doc30diagnosis.html)

***Source Quote
Difficulties in Diagnosing ADHD:
At this time no laboratory or imaging tests can indicate reliably whether a child does or does not have ADHD. A diagnosis relies only on behavioral symptoms and ruling out other disorders. Many experts believe that the disorder is both over- and underdiagnosed, depending on a variety of factors. Diagnosis of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder is difficult for some of the following reasons: ***End Quote

If your parents are going to accuse you of NOT having ADD perhaps they should at least KNOW the basics about what ADD is and is not. This isn't difficult information to understand. I know nothing about your parents they may be perfectly nice people just not aware of what you are going through. I have an idea of a little bit and feel a little like yelling at your parents saying some thing "Wake the **ck UP and help your son, given him support not criticism."

OKay I am done being "parental" :o
That is all Hope these links help answer your questions.

Vhan
10-28-06, 08:53 AM
yea, I dont know how either one of them came up with that...

Scuter Puter
10-28-06, 09:34 AM
I have been reading in the background and just wanted to offer up encouragement. Good luck Vhan, and I hope everything gets better. Just remember one thing, I am having to remember it as well. Its your body, your life, and you know the things going on with you better than anyone. You are doing the right thing by questioning and finding out these things. Don't let anyone tell you nothing is wrong if you feel differently and question everything. Its the only way to find out answers!

Vhan
10-28-06, 09:57 AM
How long will it take for this stuff to kick in? 30mins a hour? 36 hours is what the docter told my dad...

charonshanti
10-28-06, 11:04 AM
So does your brother just have stupidity or did he get some ADD-like or bipolar stuff too? Not that that's an excuse for being a jerk.

Crazy~Feet
10-28-06, 11:26 AM
How long will it take for this stuff to kick in? 30mins a hour? 36 hours is what the docter told my dad...WHAT? This doctor said what??? Concerta will take affect within 1/2 hour to an hour and wear off at various times depending upon the number of milligrams. If your doc actually said 36 hours? You might wanna consider finding another doctor...sheesh that's going in Top Ten Stupid ADHD Myths for this week ;).

I seriously hope you are able to stick this out and rely on the forum and others for support. Just FYI, 18 mgs is a baby aspirin to me :o and you may have to bump up to feel appreciable effects.

charonshanti
10-28-06, 02:02 PM
So does your brother just have stupidity or did he get some ADD-like or bipolar stuff too? Not that that's an excuse for being a jerk.
Just realized that didn't sound quite like what I meant.:cool:

A lot of us have family with ADD-type stuff. Recognizing the same stuff you have to deal with in other family members, even if they deal with it very differently, gives you insight on your own stuff. (Plus it gives you clues so you can dodge while they're melting down not taking care of their own stuff.)Whether your brother is struggling with anything ADD'ish or not, I don't like his style. Anyhow, that's why I asked about your brother.

Vhan
10-29-06, 10:38 PM
Eh, me and my bro, thats a long story.

About the meds, I feel allright, kinda better even, but not that much...just a little, I had a headace for a while, but that went away, the real test is school tough, Ill post after school tomorrow....

charonshanti
10-30-06, 01:23 AM
Did your doctor already arrange a followup visit? 3 weeks would be good--you'll need the doctor's help to adjust the dosage. If you can't arrange it you may be able to call and ask to talk to the nurse about how the medicine is working and if you need a different dosage...

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

Vhan
10-30-06, 10:07 AM
Ya, he game me enoughf for two weeks, just to see how I would respond, then he was going to up the dosage if nothing err "bad happend"

==shrug==

Proscrire
10-30-06, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't worry much about "something bad" My doc started me out on the same dosage but for 3 weeks. There was a similar worry about bipolar (had all the "double check if" indicators but no actual symptoms). The warnings signs with stims are things like paranoia, violent mood swings, unfamiliar personality changes, hallucinations. Starting low and then working more with it, is one of the ways to find the correct dosage. Although I'd never heard of that 36 hour thing. I took m first 18 and about an hour later, I was happily typing out instructions on how to sew body armor carrier. My doc called my later that day to ask how it was and I said "Man if this is how normal people feel, no wonder they get so much done." She agreed that it was totally not fair.

Do you go back to see your doc at the end of the two weeks?

Vhan
10-30-06, 11:50 PM
Well, I cant say that I felt alot of inprovements, My mind kept jumping from subject, to subject, but I did notice that I could take notes without constantley looking up at the screen:p and just jout them down as the teacher was talking to the class, but ounce the teacher sat down and stoped talking I had my isshues of staying on topic...

must.....get...research...paper....done....

Vhan
11-01-06, 12:57 AM
Great...4 days into the pill and I have a mood swing...

Day starts off everything is fine, get to school, talk to friends, visit with friends in the school, and BAM. I'm ****** because of nothing, and im makeing up some excuse about finding someone, to geat away and the only reply I give my friends when they ask what is wrong is a line of mumbleing about trying to find someone (that doesnt exist) and a few choice words...

1st hour class: Mad, unfocused, and bored, I just kinda sat there doing my notes, and scribbleing down whatever I har the teacher say, but not really paying attittion to it.

2nd hour class: At first I was mad...really really mad...I snaped at my friend when she asked me what was wrong...then I felt strange, allmost dizzy, and disoriented...I asked my teacher to go to the bathroom and my eyes were dialiated, and I could allmost swear they were a diffrent color...Then I allmost broke down crying during 2nd hour, and when I stood up from my seat to leave after the bell, I allmost fell down, and I found it hard to walk in a strait line, lol.

I stood outside during lunch, I really didn't want to be around anyone about this time, I had this urge to hit something again...

3-4th hour, I was happy, and the same friend I snapped at in 2nd hour, I was jokeing, and messing around with like nothing happend, I felt fine.

Now its 10:48 and I'm havieng trouble sleeping....

But im not shure If I should tell my docter...because then he will take me off of the drug, and then what are th options? A slap on the back, and wishfull thinking!?

I dont think so...

Of course if I tell my dad who knows how he is gonna interpet this...I mean, this guy, really doesn't have much of a clue with much of this...

O, allmost forgot to mention, two of my friends asked me if "I was on a new allergy medicine or something" SO there is something diffrent about me that they are picking up...

charonshanti
11-01-06, 02:49 AM
Hi, Vhan. Good to hear from you again. So sorry to hear about your rough day.

You can read what others have experienced with concerta at http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4867&page=1&pp=20 --this is the concerta side effects thread, and it's in the forum in the section under medications and concerta.

Apatient handout for concerta says this:

"SIDE EFFECTS:
Headache, stomach pain, loss of appetite, trouble sleeping, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness, irritability, nervousness, blurred vision, dry mouth, constipation or (rarely) drowsiness may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

Inactive parts of this drug may be passed in your stool as a harmless soft mass that may look like the original tablet. This is normal for this drug.

Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: uncontrolled movements (motor tics or tremor), verbal tics (e.g., Tourette's syndrome), weight loss, fast/pounding/irregular heartbeat, chest pain, mental/mood changes, difficulty urinating.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: signs of infection (e.g., fever, persistent sore throat), easy bruising/bleeding.

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist."

From what your doctor said, it sounds like he suspects bi-polar and was concerned about the interaction with concerta. http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19800 is the thread about differentiating bipolar from add (not that they can't happen together--they do.) A search for bipolar +concerta or bi-polar +concerta on the forum comes up with some comments about mood swings too. Under contra-indications for concerta, bi-polar is listed as significant and mood swings are listed under possibly significant. But then.... did the doctor actually diagnose bi-polar?

Concerta isn't the only med available, so don't feel that if this doesn't work you don't have any other options. If you decide to talk to the doctor, he needs to know any positives you've experienced as well as the negatives.

You should always be able to call the doctor's office and ask to speak to the nurse, or leave a message for the nurse re: whether you should 'tough it out' and expect better results with time or not. I don't know about your dad...

Don't give up, my friends have rarely found the right dosage with the right med right off, but the ones that have been persistent and motivated (like you) have come off ok in the end. At first you may get more questions than answers--frustrating. Hopefully you'll hear from some others that have tried concerta and can help you thru this part better... Hang in there!

Sympathies--

Vhan
11-01-06, 08:47 AM
Im going to take it again this mourning too...Ill post the results for today

Vhan
11-01-06, 02:56 PM
Its 12:55

My teacher lets us mess around online untill class starts.

So far I'm ok today, a little sleepy but thats normal considering how late I was up last night

Cant say there is anything to abnormal going on.

Proscrire
11-01-06, 06:35 PM
I've never noticed Concerta stopping my mood swings. But as I started getting control on things cause I could focus and follow through, the mood swings. diminished as my stress and anxiety started to abate.

But the sleeplessness is really common. Try avoid things with a lot of sugar and eating more protein. Concerta heightens sugar highs. I think it was 2 months in before I could eat sugar again without bouncing off everything.

Vhan
11-01-06, 08:46 PM
How soon does shugar affect you? before I got mad I ate a hdnfull of candycorn witch is about 100% shugar lol

O yea, and I havent had a bad mood swing like this in about four years, the latest ones were slow, maybe a couple days, but this one was sudden, err, ya

meadd823
11-02-06, 07:44 AM
If you continue with the agitation it may be some thing the doctor needs to know. My daughter's mania showed up as her griping continiously for three days. . . . . .it can be a side effect of the concerta but it may be "other than side effect" only the doctor would know. . . . (hopefully-shrug)

Proscrire
11-03-06, 11:31 PM
How soon does shugar affect you?
For me, 15 mins or so. Not anger, for me, hyper. Although I did get the angry, anxious thing from eating ramen. (also pure, refined carbohydrate)