View Full Version : Wierd, but good, effects

tinkerbelle
10-25-06, 10:08 PM
Ok, I was noticing a few odd changes since I started Adderall XR/IR 6 months ago - my hair has grown thick and glossy, my eyes are no longer frequently bloodshot with purple bags underneath, my seasonal allergies have all but dissapeared, my pain tolerance is higher and my skin has changed color from yellowish (almost a green tint sometimes) to a nice olive/peach color.

??? Nothing has changed for me except the Adderall.... I am sleeping better than ever and my allergies are drastically alleviated -could it have to do with either of those ??? I'm not complaining, believe me! Just trying to figure this out... Guessing that the bloodshot eyes and bags might be allergy related, but the rest? Due to sleeping for the first time in my life?

:confused:

jerry83
10-26-06, 12:47 AM
What type of allergies did you have? For me, Adderall worked as an excellent decongestant. That would seem very helpful for people whose allergies give them runny nose, etc.

tinkerbelle
10-26-06, 03:34 PM
I have/had general seasonal allergies - hay fever, mold etc. This time last year, I was totally clogged up and had already been on antibiotics for a sinus infection (I get several each winter). This year - mild stuffy nose! Woo hoo!

em123
10-27-06, 01:53 AM
Iv noticed 2 weird things --not really allergy related but interesting lol

1. --I dunno if its the adderall, or the adderall and the cymbalta combined.. but the weather has gotten colder here, and it seems like ever since the adderall if i go from inside to outside it takes a good 20 minutes for me to feel the full effect of the cold..its really weird its like ill go outside feeling liek i was inside and gradually i feel the cold after like 20-30 min it like builds on me lool..

2. Before when i was just on cymbalta when the alarm clock rang in the mornings Id hear it wake up then pretty much fall back to sleep.. but with the adderall its like i dont know when but it rings i seem to turn my alarm clock off, then when im finally awake i kinda freak out cause its like an hr after i wanted to wake and had no idea how my alarm clock got turned off or if it rang at all.. lol sucks sometimes

cya
sorry if irrelevant to the rest of your allergy related comments lol just thought mine were interesting to share

Momofadder
10-27-06, 08:26 AM
Ok, I was noticing a few odd changes since I started Adderall XR/IR 6 months ago - my hair has grown thick and glossy, my eyes are no longer frequently bloodshot with purple bags underneath, my seasonal allergies have all but dissapeared, my pain tolerance is higher and my skin has changed color from yellowish (almost a green tint sometimes) to a nice olive/peach color.

??? Nothing has changed for me except the Adderall.... I am sleeping better than ever and my allergies are drastically alleviated -could it have to do with either of those ??? I'm not complaining, believe me! Just trying to figure this out... Guessing that the bloodshot eyes and bags might be allergy related, but the rest? Due to sleeping for the first time in my life?

:confused:Could it be from getting a good nights sleep. If you are sleep deprived it can reek all kinds of havoc on your body.
Momofadder

fogcity
11-03-06, 10:12 PM
I've been on XR for 9 months and from the beginning ejoyed a few odd side effects.

I always felt bloated no matter I was skinny or chubby. After the meds I feel like I am not retaining as much excess water. My body feels better.

I always had hypoglycemic spikes and drops. I was very moody if I hadn't eaten in a few hours. My blood sugar feels much more even. I eat because I should, or because I'm hungry, not because I'm dizzy and moody.

I get sick less often.

I sing better, am better in acting class and have made much better strides in therapy. Basicly anything that I as doing before that might benefit from focus, is blossoming now.

Adderall has made my life much much better.

tinkerbelle
11-08-06, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I've noticed the warmer body temp too. I've actually taken my resting body temp and noticed that its dropped .6 degrees since starting Adderall. It's nice bc I'm not frozen all the time!

I've also had the effect of not being as bloated/water retention. Gotta love that! :)