View Full Version : Computer Interface Technology Coming Soon- Jeff Han intuitive "Interface-free" Device

*~ §EEK ~*
11-04-06, 08:04 PM
Check out this video of a cool new computer Interface that's just around the corner! :)

Yes, I'm a big time computer geek, but I think just about everybody will want one of these bad boys!

I certainly do! :)

http://ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=j_han&flashEnabled=1

Enjoy...

*~ §EEK ~*
11-04-06, 08:27 PM
While I'm on this Computer Interface kick.

Here's an interesting virtual reality interface in development called "Virtual Fluid".

Virtual Fluid

Inition present us a exciting new technology that allows full-body, unencumbered interaction within a virtual environment, enabling the user to interact using nothing more than the movements of his/her body. This sort of interaction relies on digital cameras interfaced to the PC to pick up motion.

Using high-end image-processing techniques (only recently possbile on PCs), the images from the camera are converted into useful data on how a person is moving. The captured video image of the user is shown on a screen (anything from a CRT monitor to a large projected display) embedded within the interactive environment (this is sometimes called ‘projected-reality’). Not requiring the user to don a headset, gloves or tracking device, interactions using this technology open up many new possibilities for bringing interactive virtual worlds into a public setting.

Check out the video here --> http://blog.pcnews.ro/2006/08/15/virtual-fluid/

Scroll down a little bit to see the video.

While not as jaw dropping as the Jeff Han intuitive "Interface-free" device above, this technology also has a lot of potential.

Grade A
11-06-06, 08:41 PM
So cool seek!

I went into the kitchen design, its like the game Sims2. I love that game one of my favoirites. Makes sense to have a tool like this these days, if they can make a game as great as the Sims2

*~ §EEK ~*
11-07-06, 06:28 AM
Yeah, I am ready for one of those bad boys!

*~ §EEK ~*
11-08-06, 05:16 PM
Come on people! :(

There has to be more computer geeks here than just me and Grade A!!!! :)