View Full Version : Anyone homeschool?

ADHDSupport
11-07-06, 11:52 AM
Hi I am in Ma, and will be starting to homeschool my 7 year old (2nd grade) son in two weeks time. I am so happy that my husband and I made this decision, the public schools are not able to effectively handle our sons unique needs. He is ADHD, unmedicated, and very very bright, but cant sit still, cant attend very easily to class worksheets, etc and is basically being babysat all day in the school, not learning anything. We can do a MUCH better job at home.

Anyway my question here is does anyone else homeschool or know of any around MA? I want to find a support group or sorts so we can have people like us to socialize with, take field trips with, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

-A

ellen_sf
03-08-07, 07:24 PM
This is my first post on this forum, but yes, we homeschool, and yes, we also have very gifted children, and ironically the decision to homeschool led us to understand that pretty much everyone in our family is ad/hd. So we did not decide to homeschool because of adhd, but now we realize that it was our collective adhd that brought us the the decision. We hated the structured and so did he, but we didn't see the "why". So we did this backwards!

I hope you have found a good support system. There is a great one here in San Francisco!

How are things going?

cloud1
03-08-07, 08:24 PM
I could never homeschool my kids because they would turn out to be idiots. There would be no way I could stick with it day by day and follow a lesson plan. You guys are great to be able to do it. More power to ya.;)