View Full Version : Looking for ADD coaches in the Toronto area

Michiko74
11-08-06, 11:20 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find any names.

buffalopc7
11-08-06, 11:32 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find any names.
You know, if you hear of any (I haven't), please let me know. I don't live too far from you and i've not heard of any around. Someone suggested that I go get that certification, hmmmm.

Tara
11-09-06, 09:01 AM
There is no Certification for AD/HD Coaching. I know of somebody in that area his name is Terry Sole. Actually think I have the last named spelled wrong though.

buffalopc7
11-11-06, 08:31 PM
I checked, there is ADHD Coach Certification, through the ICF. You can find it by Yahoo-ing "ADHD coach certification"

Tara
11-11-06, 08:38 PM
No, that is only a credential for general coaches. There is currently no specific credential for ADHD Coaches. The IAAC http://www.adhdcoachinstitute.org which I am a volunteer for is currently developing a credentialing process specific to ADHD Coaches.

Those who are credentialed by the ICF have only been assessed on general coaching skills. They have not been assessed by the ICF on their knowledge or understanding of ADHD.

buffalopc7
11-11-06, 08:40 PM
Theres several, if you do a search, however in accordance with the forum rules, I cannot post a direct link. The IAAC offers certification, and the ICF does, but in the form of a concentration (additional coursework) in ADD/ADHD.

Tara
11-11-06, 08:48 PM
The IAAC doesn't not offer certification yet. They are still in the process of developing the process. As for the ICF they only offer credentialing for general coaches.

What you may be confusing the the info on the ACO's website. In order to be a professional member of the ADHD Coaches Organization they require that coaches receiving both general coach training and additional training related to ADHD Coaching. The ACO is only membership organization for ADHD Coaches but they do not offer a credential or certification.

There are many schools who teach ADD Coaching and offer a credential when you graduate from their training program but there is no one "official" credential yet.

buffalopc7
11-11-06, 08:51 PM
Ahhh, thank you for clarifying. Apparently then, the IAAC has jumped ahead and placed the information on their site already, I suppose in anticipation of the acceptance of credentialing.