View Full Version : Indiana

shousley
11-14-06, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone I am a 53 yr old female, I was diag. with ADD about a month ago. I take adderall. it seems to be working I don't feel like several things are going on in my head. well I just wanted to say hello

jeaniebug
11-14-06, 10:00 PM
Hello everyone I am a 53 yr old female, I was diag. with ADD about a month ago. I take adderall. it seems to be working I don't feel like several things are going on in my head. well I just wanted to say hello
Greetings, shousley!!!

I am also in early 50's and have recently discovered I have ADHD (without the H). Tell us more. Have you had depression, anxiety, how did you get diagnosed? Any kids?

Thanks for posting, the first time is the hardest! Hope to see you around!

PJ :p

rascal777
11-15-06, 11:41 AM
Hi Shousley!

I'm in South Bend! :D

Welcome!

usnavyabh2
11-15-06, 11:53 AM
I was born In Crown Point IN, grew up in Schererville IN, and Lowell IN! Small world! My grandparents owned a cottage on a Koontz Lake in near Walkerton IN, and near South Bend:)

rascal777
11-15-06, 12:10 PM
I was born In Crown Point IN, grew up in Schererville IN, and Lowell IN! Small world! My grandparents owned a cottage on a Koontz Lake in near Walkerton IN, and near South Bend:)LOL, I grew up in Chicago. I've lived in SB for about 2 years. I went to a water park near crown point this summer though! he he he. My cousin's husband grew up in Crown Point/Cedar Lake/Lowell area.

He is in the Navy, as well!! (I'm assuming by your name that you are???)They have been in Mississippi up until this week actually and now they are going to Washington state.

shousley
12-15-06, 05:13 PM
H,
Yes I have been diag. with depression for as long as I can remember, so I told my primary dr it was something more than depression - so I end up going to a psychologist who diag. me with Add w/o hyper. I know all through grade school I would daydream alot, I missed most of what the teacher was saying, I have 3 children who are all adult, my youngest was diag. with ADHD at the age of 4yrs. old - he drove the preschool teachers crazy. I never gave him medication, he called me a few weeks ago because he wants to take classes at the community college, he wanted information on seeing a doctor so he can get medication. I am on Adderall 30mg, I started with Straterra 20mg then 40mg which did nothing, next it was adderall 20mg 2day. The only thing was when it wore off I really felt it, headache - some days the adderall xr does not work. I also take zoloft 50mg which I think I want to change, I have enough going on with my libido I don't need additional stuff. Well thats a little about me. Holla Back!!