View Full Version : headsets

anamari
11-16-06, 04:46 PM
I am looking to buy a headset for work in order to be able to focus better on my calls:

what would you think-from your own experience -that will work better:

one that covers both ears?
or the one that inserts in the ear?

QueensU_girl
11-16-06, 10:28 PM
Hiya,

I use a one-earphone set. It is cordless, so i can move around as needed.

I think a cheap old earplug would suffice, if you are getting too much external interference, or if you have "dichotic listening" problems, or CAPD (central auditory processing disorder), which some ADHDers do.

If you benefit from sound going into both ears, some people with auditory challenges (CAPD, etc) use an 'FM transmitter' for listening tasks. (Like in school, or auditorium lectures, etc.)

An FM transmitter (in case others are interested) makes the sound seem like it is right next to the listener. Can be good for processing or attentional issues.

dormammau2008
11-17-06, 08:15 PM
I think a cheap old earplug would suffice, if you are getting too much external interference, or if you have "dichotic listening" problems, or CAPD (central auditory processing disorder), what is capd i know from what you say but how an what syitums do you get if you have it i have also herad like add adhd an dyilxaza they seem to have hearing porblms ofve somekind/??? dorm

VisualImagery
11-18-06, 12:53 AM
Do you need to block out background noise? Reduce stress on your neck? Leave your hands free? Be able to hear some backgrounds sounds (no one can sneak up and startle you)? Do you need cordless?

There are so many types, I have a Plantronics 400 I use. Suggestion, go to cnet.com headset reviews (http://reviews.search.com/search?chkpt=astg.reviews.fd.search.reviews&q=telephone+headset&tag=srch)
I like this site, has lots of info that really helps!

RADD

anamari
11-18-06, 08:27 AM
I need to:
block as much background noise as I can....(the girl that works by me is cooling off by muting the phone and yellin g on top of everybody else talking)
focus better on the call -I am doing some data entry as part of the job - and entering names and dollar amounts is extremely difficult for me sometimes...

I think that the type that covers both ears is the best for blocking noise and hope helping me getting the names better- tho' there is a language barrier as well, way to many people in Pa pronounce l as o, a very close to e and so on....

Eaglehawk
11-18-06, 10:40 AM
At work, I work in a call center, and the company provided headsets for all employees, the company we purchased them from was called hello direct, I don't get anything by mentioning them, I just know they exist and have great customer service. They have some really good ones.