View Full Version : Throne Of Steel Thorns

justhope
11-17-06, 10:58 AM
Freedom has a thousand charms to show, That slaves, howe'er contented, never know. ~William Cowper

Throne Of Steel Thorns

Ever imagine you would choose to sit upon your own throne steel thorns...

I now know this to be my reality. I understand now all the pain in my inner kingdom, the one I pretended to rule. You see my throne is made by my own hands, adorned with specially chosen thorns.

Ruling my kingdom, but never the true ruler.

Now puzzled and amazed all the years I have reigned there. Mired in constant misery, but never moving. Content even to sit and suffer. The true ruler of my kingdom are the spiked thorns and the pain they cause. Ruled by all the hurt and fear they bring.

Always scared to leave the known, as painful as it has always been . Never willing to turn loose and walk away. Into the new world. To not have the need to rule there, but content to just be apart of the world outside the walls, and let it be apart of her.

Lonely dweller upon the throne of steel spikes. Dwelling on pain, attempting to control a kingdom long ago lost to her. Blinded by the mirage of beauty, like a crimson rose, hidden beneath were the deadly thorns. She became tangled here, like a fly in the spiders web. She was so hypnotized by the facade of beauty she freely took her seat of pain and suffering.....

To be ruled by her kingdom.....

The kingdom who took her in a whirlwind, whispering all it's deceitful promises, she saw illusions of everything she ever dreamed of...

The same kingdom that now leaves her longing to remember those dreams.

A kingdom with no purpose, with no king, silenced by the cruel jesters. Always mocking her. Constant voices in her mind, causing turmoil in her soul and drowning out the laughter of even her beautiful creations. Snuffing out light that lead her spirit, and left only darkness in her soul....

Teasing, taunting her with the keys to freedom, and restraining her with her own fears. Locked in her tower sitting on the solitary throne for what seemed eternities. Surrounded by walls that seemed so high, and whose width seemed to reach the ends of the earth. Brick by brick built by her own hands, the same as her throne.

Never realizing the keys was always there within her. To unlock her prison.To release her from her throne. To give her the strength to get up from what seemed to be her final resting place. Tear down the walls, that only exist within her tortured mind.

To walk through the now lifted veil, and unlock the light within her spirit to reveal her once hidden path to freedom.......

Would you ever imagine building you own throne of spiked thorns, and by your hand, build the walls that would keep your soul and spirit trapped for years?

I don't have to imagine it. My hands still suffer the scars from the thorns, and my soul and spirit still squint against the light of my own freedom.

I have faced these demons as my own reality, a truth now born out my own lies.....and freedom that has replaced self-made captivity...

Hope 11/2006

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it. ~William Faulkner

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Men are not prisoners of fate, but prisoners of their own minds. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau