View Full Version : Telemarketing

wintergirl
11-19-06, 11:14 PM
What do you think of someone doing telemarketing who has ADD? I ask because this is the only job I seem to last at, I'm presently doing telemarketing after not working for three years. The last job I had three years ago was also telemarketing. My long term job of seven years which ended in 1999 was also a sales/telemarketing position. I've tried many other things over the years but always end up quitting rather quickly because there is either too much to learn or my social anxiety gets in the way. It's been a long struggle for many years now. I find telemarketing to be extremely boring and can only stand to do it part time but at least I don't quit it and it pays pretty good. But I can't say I enjoy it at all though and would sometimes rather have no money than do this. There are very few other jobs out there to chose from, so that's also a problem. As for going back to school, I've never been much of a learner or to motivated to do that and I don't have the money for it either. Life's so tough for some of us, isn't it? I just want to find something I enjoy or semi-enjoy, I love to work since I get bored so easily. Any advice/insights on my job dilemmas... I would appreciate hearing.

vegansoprano
11-20-06, 11:19 AM
*shrug* I do it. I hate it - I hate phones more than anything! But it's work, and in general I'm pretty good at it. So I'll be doing it until I find something better.

I don't think anything one way or the other about someone with ADD doing most jobs. The differences between individuals are still so much greater than the influence of ADD.

HighFunctioning
11-20-06, 08:30 PM
I hate phones (not everyone with ADD does though)... and it would seem that such would be extremely repetitive, so I don't really think it would be that good of an ADD job. However, everyone is different, and that isn't to say that those with ADD can't be telemarketers, as some ADD characteristics may prove beneficial. Heck... some with ADD are accountants... ( ::shudders:: )....