View Full Version : my teacher is video taping me

~STEVE~
12-01-06, 10:24 PM
i was talking to one of my teachers after school today about things that are bothering me and my meds came up as one of the things. and we talked about that and i she knows that i havent been taking them lately and she asked why and why i dont like to take them and all that good stuff. and i asked her how different am i when i do take them then when i dont. and she was like well you know how you can tell if im having a bad day as soon as you see me? its kinda like that i can tell as soon as i see you. actually i can tell before i see you because i hear you coming down the hall HAHAHA.
so now she had this great idea to tape me one day when i take my meds and one day when i dont take them and then we are going to watch them and compare. she doesnt have a class first block and i go down to her room for the last 20 minutes everyday so that is when she is gonna do this.
I think its gonna be funny to watch cuz i know im way different but i dont see myself the way others do so im kinda excited. but im kinda scared too cuz i think its gonna be bad.

VisualImagery
12-01-06, 10:57 PM
Wow, cool. Sounds like a teacher who cares. As long as you and your parents OK this and it is not against school rules, there should not be a problem. Make sure no other kids see it. You should get only copy of the video to keep. Just to ensure your privacy and confidentiality.

It is enlightening to see yourself on tape! Take care. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the difference!

RADD

JustNeedHelp
12-02-06, 01:52 PM
i also want to say thats a good idea BUT how can you be sure it will be accurate? if you KNOW your being video taped you will try to act more normal, escpecially if your already afraid of how it will turn out have here do it with out your knowledge, one day tell her i wont take my meds for this week and just record me randomly and then i will take me meds the next week and do the same let her randomly record you otherwise it might not be too accurate as your subconcious will try to make you act better when not on your meds... just a thought but it is a good idea...

~STEVE~
12-02-06, 03:18 PM
ya i thought about that too. i think im gonna tell her to hide it or something so that i dont know when she does is.

Claudia_0102
12-04-06, 12:16 AM
wow sounds cool.

livinginchaos
12-04-06, 11:06 PM
I think your teacher had a great idea! Let us know how it goes!

~STEVE~
12-19-06, 05:22 PM
ok so if you guys are wondering what happened with all of this unfortunatly i dont have an update yet. after we decided how we were going to do this my doctor switched my meds so we delayed it until i adjusted to the new meds and found the right dose and all that good stuff. then the next problem was that it is close to winter break so we thought that that might affect my behavior. so we are waiting until about a week after winter break to do this. we dont want to do it right after break cuz i will be trying to get back into the whole school routine. i will for sure update when this finally goes down!!

Paws13
12-19-06, 07:55 PM
Dude o.o SWEET!!!!! I wish I had a teacher that cared that much about my well being on meds (although I don't take any anymore), or knew that I had ADD for that matter. Must keep that in mind when I become a teacher.

P.S love your avatar; I'm a fan of Ohio state, since my best friend lives there and her brother goes there.