View Full Version : Stinky Sink blues

janesays
12-11-06, 12:29 AM
My kitchen sink is full of stink. Anyone have any home remedies for a stinky sink. It's in the drain. I used draino but it's still a no-go. How do I remedy the stink in the sink?

~boots~
12-11-06, 02:34 AM
My kitchen sink is full of stink. Anyone have any home remedies for a stinky sink. It's in the drain. I used draino but it's still a no-go. How do I remedy the stink in the sink?I have heard that lemon juice , pure fresh juice can help :p
good luck

meadd823
12-11-06, 06:59 AM
Bleach!!!! Pour about one half cup down your drain or each drain and clear the room for a while then come back run the warm water for a few minutes and sink smell sould be gone. . . . .

prettyblonde
03-09-07, 03:53 PM
I pour baking soda down the drain and let it sit for a few hours :)
Good luck!

livinginchaos
03-09-07, 09:02 PM
vinegar works like a charm!! pour it down the drain

Swede63
03-09-07, 09:04 PM
try the baking soda with hot hot water at

solitary bee
03-09-07, 09:46 PM
DO NOT do all of the above simultaneously. you will have an explosion. it will solve the stink but it will create other problems.

Nova
03-09-07, 11:23 PM
I agree with LivinginChaos.

Vinegar.

I also agree with SolitaryBee, in heeding her advice, and not compiling 'all' the previous chemical (chemistry) interactive 'suggestions', either at 'once'..or one proceeding another.

TabbyKat
03-11-07, 10:51 AM
This is good. Now I know what to do with MY sink stink which sometimes takes over my entire apartment! I should be washing dishes right now, I think, to prevent any further sink stink.