View Full Version : Pics for motivation?

roseanne
12-11-06, 01:01 PM
I read in a thread a minute ago about someone taking pics of their newly cleaned kitchen. Was thinking that might be good motivational tool. Take a before and after pic of your messes. I for one would like to actually see that I'm not the only messy person and I might be motivated if you were to actually see it...what do you all think?

spunkysmum
12-26-06, 01:40 AM
I don't know. I have tried pictures as a motivational tool for losing weight before, and have also tried posting things like a chart showing how much money I could make if I got cracking at my home business.

I find that after a while, these things become part of the scenery, and like so many things, like objects out of place, I can look straight at them and not see them.

But that might not be the case for you, so I'd try it if you think it might help.

roseanne
12-27-06, 05:30 AM
After reading your post I can see where I do the same thing. I never thought about it like that but that is part of my problem. Things blend into the scenery. No I don't think it would work for me after all.

What has worked since that last post I made was getting on medicine and getting focused enough to do it. I was able to get my house in order for Christmas so I could have my mother over for the traditional breakfast we do on Christmas morning...all except for the laundry room which is still filled half way up with laundry. But that couldn't be seen from where we were so I just decided to relax and not worry about every little thing. The house was presentable and this Christmas was one of the better ones I've had as far as feeling overwhelmed etc.

Thanks for your post,
Roseanne