View Full Version : Huge Exam friday...any advice, PLEASE?

Dreeza
12-13-06, 10:31 PM
I have a HUGE physiology cumulative exam...of course i have been wasting time instead of studying, and it finally dawned on me how beyond screwed i am. I barely remember anything from the past material, and havent even STARTED studying it yet....ive been concentrating on the new material, and im not even done with it yet...

To make matters worse, since the exam is cumulative the questions are going to be "big picture" questions...I HATE big picture crap, cause i never get it. I dont know how to study for it, and my teacher wont give examples...none of our other exams have been like this.

I just am SO beyond overwhelmed that i cant study.

This class is REALLY important to me, and anything less than an A is inadequate to me...seeing as ive been in the B range on all the other exams, i need to get a freaking A+ on this final...but in reality, if i were to take it right now, i would probably fail. I have never failed, i have never gotten below a B- on a serious exam, i am freaking out...i dont know what to do.

Any advice on how to cram a semesters worth of material into one day?????

speedo
12-13-06, 10:38 PM
there is no way.

Study. Justify your notes against the textbook. You might try taking some b-complex to reduce your stress a little, but STUDY. There is no point in all nighters. Study an hour or so, then give yourself a break, then go back to studying. At the end of the day get a good night's sleep. You don't have to pound yourself into the ground, but do set a steady pace.

The bottom line is, you are not going to make it if you don't study.

ME :D

lars
12-13-06, 11:20 PM
I agree with speedo completely.

In addition I would suggest that you try and contact another student in your class and ask them if they might be interested in being your study partner tonight, and/or tomorrow, and/or maybe even Friday before the final. It certainlly wouldn't hurt to ask at this point.

I was in a similar situation that you are currently in about two years ago when I was taking vertebrate embryology, and I remember vividly how the comprehensive final seemed overwhelming to me. I asked a girl that sat on the front row with me if she would be interested in meeting me at the library to study for the exam. She agreed, and we both got a great deal out of it, including becoming better friends. We both agreed that we got more out of studying together than we would have ever gotten done by studying alone.

I would never suggest to anyone that having a study partner is always the best way to go. It really depends on the class and the nature of the material, as far as myself is concerned. However, it may be the best thing for some people to study with a classmate before each test. I do know that it really helped me when I was in your situation a couple of years ago.

Good luck with the final!

Dreeza
12-14-06, 01:10 AM
while i really appreciate the advice, I cant work with other people really. I cant focus, and i cant pay attention to what people are saying.

Plus, i have no friends in the class...i barely have any friends as it is. My one acquantaince in the class has a lot going on tomorrow, so i know she wouldnt be able to :(

thanks for the responses! i think i just need a slap in the face, lol