View Full Version : UK newbie

SlayerKat
12-21-06, 06:15 AM
I posted in the general intro forum but thought I'd better post here a well. I'm a mum of a 4 year old son being assessed for ADHD. We live in London. My son has been 'difficult' since he was about 1 years old. I always new there was something special about him (to put it nicely). He is a very high maintenance child. But I was just getting on with it thinking it was normal for this family. It's only been in the last 18 months or so that I have finally realised it's not normal and I shouldn't have to deal with the kinds of stresses I am dealing with due to my son's behaviour.

I find it very difficult to explain what the exact problem is but he is defiant, argumentative, disruptive, angry, has chronic temper tantrums like a 2 year old (although he is nearly 5) he is violent towards me but not to his peers and he also has tourettes in the form of growling. He started school in September and of course the teachers have picked up on his behaviour. They approached me not realising I had already set the ball in motion by making an appointment with a private psychiatrist.

So to cut a long story straight, he is being assessed for ADHD and has his next appointment in January. I'm not happy with the psychiatrist we have been assigned with but will post another thread!

Phew thanks for reading.