View Full Version : I think this girl is interested in me, but how do I tell her im not interested?

Vhan
12-22-06, 11:50 PM
First of all, before you think im a total jerk, she is a good friend of mine, we have been talking for about a year and a half, and its clear that she is interested in being more than that...

I have been acting like I don't notice her advances, its my normal routine for when someone shows intrest in me.

Here is the problem, the outher times I have done this had put a serious strain on the friendship.

I mean, I come off as a "Super dence jerk who has no sensitivity at all"
or so I have been told...

So what do I do with this new case? She is such a good friend, creative, funny, easy going, I don't want to lose that friendship!

If I just come out and say why I don't want to have a GF, I'm gonna sound mean.

pedalpounder
12-23-06, 12:37 AM
That's hard. But you're better off telling her the truth than ignoring her. Maybe you can tell her you have your eye on someone else?

Vhan
12-23-06, 12:44 AM
I really don't want her to think I'm interested in a relationship at all, I just want her to know that without hurting her.

loserinamailbox
12-23-06, 12:48 AM
Tell it to her straight up. Tell her that you need to talk to her and tell her just what you said above, that you definetly want to remain friends but you don't want a girlfriend at the moment, perhaps you don't have time for one. If you try to hint it or get around the actual point, she'll get confused.

Vhan
12-23-06, 01:10 AM
Loserinamailbox, you have a point, just be honest,

Crazygirl79
01-19-07, 04:27 AM
I know it's hard but honesty is probably your best bet

Paws13
01-19-07, 02:12 PM
First of all, before you think im a total jerk, she is a good friend of mine, we have been talking for about a year and a half, and its clear that she is interested in being more than that...

I have been acting like I don't notice her advances, its my normal routine for when someone shows intrest in me.

Here is the problem, the outher times I have done this had put a serious strain on the friendship.

I mean, I come off as a "Super dence jerk who has no sensitivity at all"
or so I have been told...

So what do I do with this new case? She is such a good friend, creative, funny, easy going, I don't want to lose that friendship!

If I just come out and say why I don't want to have a GF, I'm gonna sound mean.
Wow! As I was reading this, I kinda felt like the girl in this situation, and that my friend was you. We have the same situation, only now he's dating, so I've obviously lost interest in him.

I agree with all of the above, definitly be honest. Don't beat around the bush, that can get kinda confusing. But do, by all means, continue to be friends. It's a lot tougher if you do nothing and wait for her to get the picture.

dormammau2008
01-21-07, 07:53 PM
you tell them strght but frist you most be shore your not intrsted in her if that is the case then....say what you feel to them if there trulely your freinds then there still be there dorm