View Full Version : How To Make Friends With Him?

Claudia_0102
12-23-06, 11:57 PM
There is this kid at my school. He's the hugest loner i have ever met. It actually seems like he enjoys always being by himself. The other night i went to the formal dance with my friends and i was waiting outside for them and he just happened to be standing there. We started talking and it turns out we have so much in common. I want to be friends with him so badly but i don't know how to go about doing it since i am somewhat of a loner myself and it's hard for me to talk to people. The next day at school i tried talking to him but i just froze up. Any suggestions for me?:confused:

loserinamailbox
12-24-06, 03:27 PM
I have found myself in that position many times. I find that the more I want to talk to "him," the more impossible it gets. What I have tried to do is try not to think of anything to talk about, just not stress over it, and this has become the only time when I can say anything at all. I think the stress of holding a conversation with someone who matters like that makes the brain go on hyper-spastic mode or something and makes talking borderline impossible at the time.

Vhan
12-24-06, 07:41 PM
Hmm...

My best guess, dont worry so much about becomeing his freind. Just letting him know that you want to be his friend is good enoughf for now. Make shure he knows how to get a hold of you. The bigger loner he is, the more he is going to test you, maybe even try and push you away. But after he feels satisfied that you really do want to be his friend, he will call you, e-mail you or whatever.

It will take some time most kids like that like to be alone, but they dont really enjoy it.
You might want to ask him what he was doing at a formal dance by himself.

But I would warn you, kids like that hold alot of things inside, and sometimes they develop a mentality that the longer they suffer, the better off they will be in the end.

But in a nutshell, let him know that you are willing to talk to him anytime, and wait, give it about a month. I used to be like this, and I would make people jump through hoops untill I decited to trust them.

Crazygirl79
12-28-06, 10:05 PM
Hi Sweetie.

I see you want to be this guy's friend, the only advice I have for you is to just be yourself, I mean let's face it you two got on okay at that school dance right?? and just be like you were at the school dance and see where it leads, start by saying hi in the school corridors or down the street or at the local milk bar, sit next to him in any classes you may share together, sit next to him on the school bus or train all of this could help lead you pair into a possibly great friendship.

I can relate to what you're saying about this guy being a loner, I was a major loner at high school too and like you I found it hard to talk to people and I still find it hard to talk to people but I'm a lot better than I was 10 years ago.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Selena:) There is this kid at my school. He's the hugest loner i have ever met. It actually seems like he enjoys always being by himself. The other night i went to the formal dance with my friends and i was waiting outside for them and he just happened to be standing there. We started talking and it turns out we have so much in common. I want to be friends with him so badly but i don't know how to go about doing it since i am somewhat of a loner myself and it's hard for me to talk to people. The next day at school i tried talking to him but i just froze up. Any suggestions for me?:confused:

Claudia_0102
01-16-07, 09:00 PM
Well i spent half of the lunch hour today walking around the school and just talking to him. BUT WOW he's one of those silent genious types. He's super smart that it's almost intimidating. But i think it went well. :-D

livinginchaos
01-16-07, 09:07 PM
Way to go, Claudia!!

I'm glad it went well!!