View Full Version : advice is very much needed

brittalitt
12-25-06, 09:16 PM
well im a sixteen year old female who was recently diagnosed with ADHD and being a sophomore in highschool im flunking almost all of my classes, and the semester is almost finished ending with finals.
anyone got any advice that i could possibly use? it would be really helpful considering i have no clue what to do, and my psychologist has no advice that i can use

-brittalitt

please & thank you

speedo
12-25-06, 09:47 PM
Pick the subject that you are weakest in, and study. Read the book and move on to the next subject. Gain your improvements where you have a chance of gaining them. Just do your best, since that is all that can be expected of anyone.

Don't bother with puling an all-nighter. You need to show up for exams rested.

If the test taking is a problem and if you have allowances made for your adhd at school, maybe your parents can arrange for extra time on tests or possibly be allowed to take the test in a room by yourself so that there are fewer distractions.

Study, and talk to your parents about it.

just do your best
ME :D

Muddpuppy
12-25-06, 10:03 PM
If you have trouble takeing tests I suggest earplugs~
They help you hear yourself read the questions and help drown out other things in the room. Use them when studying too. You can get them in the hunting section at Walmart or meyers or kmart.

Post it notes helped me the most..... use them like water. :D

Mark up your text books with them, use an arrow to mark something you need to read again, if you did not retain or understand it, and to mark where you left off or the main topic you want to remember from your reading.

Also put the things that are important to remember for the day/week on a post it and keep them with you.

I used to stack my whole day in post its, and carry it in my jeans pocket, its easy to pull them out and check them and then pitch what you get done, plus you and still know what you need to do.

Also use colors for prioritizing.

I used to do it this way....

Green means GO! Needs to be done asap.
Yellow means this can wait! This item can be done later!
Red means Stop! This item is done and needs to be handed in.

White was for just notes and such.

````````````````````````````````

Hope those small organization tips help.

boone1
01-22-07, 02:34 PM
Also use colors for prioritizing.

I used to do it this way....

Green means GO! Needs to be done asap.
Yellow means this can wait! This item can be done later!
Red means Stop! This item is done and needs to be handed in.

White was for just notes and such.

I really like this idea, I'm going to give it a try. :D