View Full Version : The Uk

stuyb
12-28-06, 08:14 AM
The Uk is a complete joke when it comes to ADHD i have first hand experience of this. The phyciatrists seem to think kids grow out of it when they hit 16 by some sort of miracle theit noy being affected anymore & the meds are discontinued. The NHS doesnt even recognize adult adhd in 99% of the uk, what the hell is going on is this a joke or what. When went for my first appointment with nhs the guy told me adult adhd doesnt exist. anyone else in this boat?

keljohno
12-28-06, 10:23 AM
yes

it is a joke i got rfered back to the GP now am looking into going to see a private person. but that costs money.

i got told i had it by an educational phycologist in college last yr, but no doctor will diagnose me officially

xstarchildx
12-28-06, 01:54 PM
I agree, so why don't we fellow u.ker's change it, if nobody speaks out then nothing get's changed!

keljohno
12-28-06, 02:57 PM
i agree but what can we do diddly sqwat unless i haress my GP lol

xstarchildx
12-28-06, 03:23 PM
Well i talked to my psych and told him there was nothing for adults and before i knew it he opened an adult adhd clinic in our local hospital! so that was good news not just for me but for all the children that are becoming adults, they now have somewhere to go. there is going to be an adhd conference in cheadle stockport in march and the more that go there and speak out the better.

Who knows...........

stuyb
12-29-06, 09:40 AM
hi where is this adult clinic you talk off i may need to get in touch with them if you dont mind?

keljohno
12-29-06, 01:07 PM
i would like to know this to if u dont mind

xstarchildx
12-30-06, 04:47 PM
keljohnoi would like to know this to if u dont mind

stuybhi where is this adult clinic you talk off i may need to get in touch with them if you dont mind?

Hi you 2, the adult adhd clinic is held at stepping hill hospital in stockport cheshire, if that helps!!

dormammau2008
01-02-07, 05:24 PM
hey starchild hope your fine an you uk as well then????

dorm!!!

happy new year 2007

xstarchildx
01-02-07, 07:46 PM
Hiya Dorm how have you been, did you have a good christmas and new year?