View Full Version : Sticking with one thing...

KooKoo4cocopufs
12-28-06, 11:36 AM
Does anyone else have problems sticking with one diet or weight loss strategy? I am known for trying EVERY new fad, whether it be Jenny Craig, Fat Flush, Atkins, Weight Watchers or whatever!!! I tend to be drawn to the magazine rack at the grocery checkout!!! You know, the one that has the lady that has lost 82 pounds by brushing her teeth 24 times a day, or whatever...If that was on there, I would probably try it!! I'm pathetic!!

I also have a hard time balancing exercise and dieting...it's as if I cannot focus on both at once...I am either into dieting, or into exercise...NEVER both, and sometimes I can't do either...

I'm so bad about this, I drive EVERYONE (myself included) C R A Z Y ! ! ! !

I just wondered if this was an ADD thing, you know not being able to stay focused, or if I'm just screwed up and C R A Z Y ! ! !

I appreciate any input here!!! haha

stratdude1
12-28-06, 04:55 PM
I personally use a very simple strategy of diet/excercise.

For excercise, I workout 30-60 mins 3-5 days a week. Combination of weights and cardio.

For diet, I simply try and keep portion control to a minimum, eat every 3-4 hours if possible, and do everything humanly possible to avoid garbage (candy, fast food, etc.).

I know that's easier said than done with most (myself included), but I've seen fantastic results when I can stick to it.

I'm not a big fan of diet fads that consist of anything but portion/food choice control. Most of the other ones (pills, Adkins, etc.) I think carry too many potential health risks. Things like NutriSystem and such I think are farily healthy forms of dieting.....