View Full Version : Any more household tips?

roseanne
12-29-06, 05:30 AM
Was wondering if anyone had anymore household tips or for organization. My house has been clean since Christmas (started taking ritalin a few days before that) and I am now wanting to do more than maintain what I have accomplished. The laundry is still piled up but I am making a lot of small changes and we now have clean forks when we need them! Small thing but big to me.

Would like to see more posters in here. :)

meadd823
12-29-06, 11:50 AM
Well so would I there are numerious older post have you explored those?

roseanne
12-30-06, 06:22 AM
I should have checked those first. Im fairly new to the board so I didn't think about that. Thanks
Roseanne

failingmemory
01-30-07, 01:39 AM
I don't know what's come before, so I'll give my favorite one. ALl my cupboards in my whole house are tidy because of this one. I use clear plastic boxes with lids to store just about everything. The bathroom cupboard --- it used to have a pile of STUFF in it. Dig it all out to get to the q-tips. A few years back there was a big sale on clear plastic shoeboxes with lids. I bought 30. Best size for in the bathroom, I found. I use permanent marker and mark the contents. I have a box with cotton balls, q-tips, face cleaning pads, the like. Another box with extra brushes and combs and disposable razors. Another box with feminine products. So now when I need something from the cupboard [which is always extras...usable supply is in the cupboard on the wall] I just pull out the box I need, get what I want, replace the lid and put it back. Keeps things tidy. In the kitchen, all my vitamin bottles for vitamins I take daily are in one box. Vitamins for other people another box. OTC meds and scripts in another box. All those little seasoning packets [like taco seasoning, chili seasoning, etc.] another box. Bigger clear bins for cleaning products -- since I usually need more than one thing at a time, it's just easier to get the bin down, get what I need, then put it back and put it up.

Hope this helps.