View Full Version : Roll Call - Connecticut Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:23 PM
This is Roll call for members living in Connecticut . Please give a brief intro.

Name

GreekGoddess
03-06-04, 01:33 PM
Jenny
Norwalk,CT
my son was just diagnosed with ADHD

gingagirl
07-31-04, 09:10 PM
Kathy
Milford, CT
ADD-inattentive, diagnosed as an adult (dx'd in 1999)

ScaredFemale80
08-23-04, 07:35 PM
Megan
Jewett City, CT
I suffer from extreme anxiety.

hypergeek
09-09-04, 01:14 AM
jeffrey
milford
adult with adhd. ive had it for a long time.

onegreatgal
11-03-04, 12:44 PM
Hi, I just moved from Storrs to Andover, CT. I have ADD and run a support group specifically for Adults with ADD that meets the first and third Sat of the month, from 11 am to noon, at 776 Main St in Willimantic, which is a storefront church (Calvary Chapel) that allows us to use their meeting space for free.

Raa
01-03-05, 01:03 PM
Hola!

Rachael
Litchfield County
ADHD-- dx Nov. '04

Glad to know-- finally!!! :-)

life_as_diesel
03-26-05, 12:57 AM
Hi All,

Kevin
I'm an adult with ADHD - inattentive type
Live in Durham, work in Hartford, and trying to get into Nursing grad school in New Haven. Yup, all over the state. Love to fish, love to hike, love to learn.

Pigeon
07-25-05, 02:36 PM
Hi,

My name's Crystal, I've posted a lot but figured I might as well into myself in this section...

living in Plainfield going to school at Eastern Connecticut in Williamantic, have ADD with out hyperactivity, very slow moving, unmotivated, tired, innattentive, distracted, ect, having a good memory is what gets me through school.

That's it I guess seeing as I post all over the place, lol :D

P.S. check this out.... Sari Solden will be comming to CT in December....
http://www.sarisolden.com/appearcs.html

sheddle
08-14-05, 10:07 PM
Hi - I am Sharon - from Groton, Ct. My 5 yr old grandson was just diagnosed ADHD and I am searching for any information I can find but there is so much it is just overwhelming. I was looking for a support group that is local to me but I have not been successful and I am hoping you can help direct me. You read some articles and drugs are the best thing going - you read something else and expect a person taking medication to become a mass murderer. I don't know which way to turn. My biggest thing with him is that whatever therapy is chosen for him I just don't want him to loose his spirit, he is so unique and I want him to stay that way. Can anyone give me advise?

East_Coast_guy
09-11-05, 05:26 PM
Hello Connecticut friends,

A special thanx to gingagirl (though she's probably unaware), I saw her post above while I was searching Google for seeking some therapy to appease my concerns about my adult chaotic life. Anyway, it was her post that helped me find this forum again. Anyway, thanx Kathy.

I, too, live in Milford. I've been trying to find a good (live person) support group anywhere in Connecticut, but there are none that I know of. The group doesn't necessarily need to be ADD-oriented, but an ADD group might be helpful. The local mental health clinic, here in Milford, does not conduct such a group, nor do they know of any. In fact, when I go for some councilling at this mental health clinic, they don't seem to know much about how to help adults whose lives are shattered from this ADD thing. They know how to help the drug addicts (which is their biggest focus), which is good, but for "regular guys like me" who simply needs some assistance getting his life together, I guess there simply aren't enough of us for the county to devote local tax money to help us. Therefore, much of my day is consumed with staring at my blank white apartment walls and wondering what my life would look if I didn't have ADD. I probably would be a published author, as I have a passion for books and writing.

Anyway, I'm not angry about all of this, but it would be nice if there was a little more support out there for us. All those books about ADD paint such hopeful pictures for us, but then when we go for real help (well, some of us, anyway), the therapist simply stares at us with nothing of substance to say. "Here, try these meds; see if they work".

Anyway, I do enjoy living in Milford. The people are great, and I write all this here because I love to write and it is the only place I can express these feelings.

Please feel free to write back, ask questions, or whatever.

Peace,

jay

amazingplace
11-24-05, 09:47 PM
Dennis
Danbury area
dx 1998 started meds 11/23/2005
daughter 7 dx 2005

Olmedina
12-23-05, 12:47 AM
I was just diagnosed last week. Had a bad reaction to Ritalin, and am currently searching for a new med. Inattentive. Would prefer not to give out specific CT location, for privacy reasons.

pudding
06-10-06, 06:32 PM
Hi- I live in Colchester with my 3 kids and 2 dogs.

anonymid
10-10-06, 03:35 AM
Hi, I'm David. I'm originally from Ellington, CT, and still consider it home. I'm living in Georgia now, but probably only temporarily. I might be living in Ellington again as soon as January, depending on how I end up sorting out (or not sorting out) my current life scenario. I'm a graduate student whose studies have been derailed by inattentive ADD (among many other problems, to be sure).

Chele77
10-10-06, 01:11 PM
Chele
Groton, CT
ADD, without the H
just moved out here, but, have been a member on here for awhile

christophersmom
10-25-06, 12:16 PM
Hi, I'm Elisa. My 12 yr old son was just recently dx w/ADD-inattentive type, but also has multiple tics (since age of 9). We live in Bethany, CT. My husband also has ADHD.

stratdude1
12-03-06, 12:05 PM
Steveo. 28 y/o.

Lebanon. Right in between Colchester, Willimantic, and Norwich for those unfamilair.
Recently diag'd inattentative type.

onegreatgal
12-21-06, 07:10 PM
Hi Steve, I live in Willimantic. Am 52 and was diagnosed at 47. Explained a lot about my life, but wish someone had figured it out a lot earlier! - Brenda:eyebrow:

GregAld
09-15-08, 04:59 PM
Greg from Mystic, Ct

scalvert
04-03-09, 03:12 AM
Hi
Shannah 31, live in oakville. I have 2 daughters. My 9 year old is gifted and my 6 year old, as adhd, odd and sid..

elegy
04-03-09, 07:16 AM
Hey! I never noticed this thread before!

Waterbury, CT
ADDer

... Duuuurty watuzz up in herree...

I couldn't resist. LOL.

jv01
04-27-09, 09:48 PM
jimmy v from stratford ct --- im 45 years old the doc told me in oct add-rt nice !! jv:):p

gingagirl
05-22-10, 01:11 PM
I've been away for a few years so thought I'd re-introduce myself. I'm Kathy in the Fairfield/New Haven area, dx'd with ADHD-inattentive type in 1999.

This CT board is pretty quiet.I know we're out there. Please give a SHOUT hello if you're here in Connecticut.

Iforgotagain
10-24-10, 08:46 PM
Whoa, not too many folks in CT.

Southington here. ADHD Inattentive type.