View Full Version : Roll Call - Georgia Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:26 PM
This is Roll call for members living in Georgia . Please give a brief intro.

Name

MightyMouse
05-24-04, 11:39 AM
MM living in Atlanta, Georgia. See my posts and introduction for more info.

MM

bloomingidiot
06-15-04, 11:53 PM
I live on Lake Sinclair in Middle Ga...

dixiepeep
07-01-04, 04:47 PM
I live in Valdosta Georgia the most southern part of Georgia, almost to the Florida line

mctavish23
08-14-04, 02:57 PM
I grew up in Macon and my family had a place on Lake Sinclair growing up. I miss it but Minnesota has some beautiful lakes too.

Alexa
08-16-04, 10:53 AM
Grew up in Macon, and am down there everyother weekend to see family (kids, parents) but been living/working in Atlanta for last 4 years.

2Easy2Forget
10-24-04, 01:10 PM
Hi, I am from Kennesaw, Georgia. See my intro for more information :).

laraR
12-04-04, 12:56 AM
Hi folks,
I'm a college student from Savannah, GA
My realtionship to add came from self exploration via the lucky commercial on television and the u.s news article of add.
Take care folks!!!

typogenerator
12-04-04, 03:11 AM
howdy!

I currently live in the metro Atlanta area and work as a web designer--a helluva job to do with ADD, as, after all, it's just a glorified desk job. However, since being diagnosed, I find my job interesting, occasionally exciting, and well, fun! (NONE of those adjectives would have described my job pre-diagnosis/treatment!)

Now I'm working on building on the strengths ADD gives me, and minimizing the distractions/limitations. Wow, I never knew life could be this good.

Take care, all....

fairywings1975
01-08-05, 07:01 PM
Hi y'all! McDonough, just around 20-30 minutes south of Atlanta.

prolific
01-30-05, 02:09 AM
Hello to All!

I am in Columbus, Georgia - about 90 miles southwest of Atlanta on the border with Alabama. I will post an intro to myself in the new members area. I look forward to connecting with you folks - especially my fellow Inattentive ADD Types.
Thanks!

tamtamm71
03-07-05, 12:32 AM
Hello, I am from Warner Robins, Georgia. A military wife just 3 days into diagnosis and treatment.

ADDiVa
03-30-05, 04:40 PM
Hi, y'all!

I'm on sunny St Simons Island, myself. Hyperfocusing on work keeps me far from the beach, sadly. But at least I'm here...! Just north of the Florida border - the halfway point between Savannah & Jacksonville, FL.

Will post to new members soon...just joined minutes ago! But I've been ADD for a loooooooooong time. Just now dealing with it.

dixiepeep
03-31-05, 11:20 AM
St. Simons is a very pretty place. I have been there many times.

ga_cluttered
05-14-05, 09:22 AM
Hi all. This is my first post...hope I do it correctly! I live in Decatur and am trying to declutter and otherwise organize my life/"stuff" while job hunting as well.

Looking forward to checking out this forum frequently now that I'm started! :)

mrsnurse1965
05-24-05, 08:57 AM
I am from the cartersville area..... What type of job are you looking for?

relvinnian
06-07-05, 11:54 PM
I'm from just north of metro in Marietta (cobb county). Just moved here from Cleveland, OH. Much different down here

mrsnurse1965
06-08-05, 11:01 AM
It sure is different, but for the most part in a good way. I live in the Cartersville area a little further north than you.:cool:

K-red
06-08-05, 12:49 PM
I live in Alpharetta, Alpher-tater (like potato, tater) we call it!

relvinnian
06-08-05, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and it's nice to see some ADDers down here :). I do wish there were more support groups for adults, but I guess it's like the everywhere.

mrsnurse1965
06-09-05, 07:37 PM
Well I am thinking about starting something in the cartersville area....

RTandJ
06-24-05, 03:51 AM
Just recently joined forum. Son and I both in treatment and on meds. Really trying to refine the meds right now. So great to see others here from the metro area.

Steve30121
06-30-05, 01:43 AM
HiYa all. I'm in the Cartersville area also. I have been ADD for as long as I can remember just restarted treatment after about 16-17 years of none. I'm 31 yrs. old and the father of 4. My 3 youngest are boys ages 12-6 all of which have been diagnoised ADHD.

I am currently looking for employment seeing as I lost my last job due to my ADD and treatment I need an ADD friendly career.

Tammy1971
10-24-05, 07:54 AM
Hi, I am from Kennesaw, Georgia. See my intro for more information :).

I live in Kennesaw too :D I dont know if I have ADD or not but I do suffer from severe depression/anxiety. I have 4 kids and Im married. Someone mentioned to me the other day on another site that I might have ADD. Actually they asked me if I did and I dont know if I do or not? TTYL

Tammy

Linus
11-29-05, 01:56 PM
I've been lurking around this site ever since I've been diagnosed as having adult ADHD. I'm a 23 year old male college student. I'm Pre-Law (I know what you're thinking: a lawyer with ADHD!?) at Georgia State University. Iím a senior and graduate in May í06. I'm originally from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:country-region w:st=Colombia</st1:country-region>, <ST1:pSouth America. </ST1:pThis, apparently, plays a role in my ADHD since my doctor told me that I should have been diagnosed as a little kid. It's hard to get diagnosed with something as complicated and misunderstood as ADHD especially when you're living in a 3rd world country. I finally dragged my butt in the doctor's office this past September and told him what symptoms I've been experiencing and that's when I found out about adult ADHD. Thus far, I've been on Strattera (worked wonders for my concentration for 3 weeks then it went back to normal) and Ritalin (works ok I guess but when it runs out I want to sleep!). I hope to learn a great deal from the members of this site. I don't know anyone with adult ADHD, so it's difficult to share my concerns with anyone else. I hope I can do that here.

Best,
Linus

hardtofocus
01-02-06, 06:40 PM
Hi. From Atlanta.
Newly diagnosed, but likely I've had it all my life, but I think most of my family may have it, so I wasn't any trouble :)

I'll be 41 this year. Married, no kids. My wife just was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, fortunately Stage IA (only 10% get that diagnosis, so the doctor said), well, I went on medication the day before going to the doctor for her issue. It was extremely helpful while going through this stressful time.

I definitely have the inattention type of ADD. Hopefully we can help each other cope with the residual effects of having it. I wonder how many others waited so late to figure out what was happening?

meadd823
01-04-06, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forums Hardto focus

I think you will find many who were not diagnosised until later in life ie NOT children. I wasn't diagnosised until I was 29. It has been a while because I am now 42.

I am sorry to hear about your wife. Do keep us posted.

reBuilder
02-09-06, 02:12 PM
Hi yall !

From the land of Dianna What's-her-name (Idol)
Recently diagnosed Inattentive (suspected for years)
Major drug-resistant depression
Oh yeah... Degarmo

taking Welbutrin XL 300mg and playing with Ritalin dosage

AllFiredUp
04-14-06, 09:02 PM
Hi yall !

From the land of Dianna What's-her-name (Idol)
Recently diagnosed Inattentive (suspected for years)
Major drug-resistant depression
Oh yeah... Degarmo

taking Welbutrin XL 300mg and playing with Ritalin dosage
I was diagnosed about five months ago with ADD-Inattentive. I live in the Smyrna/Vinings area currently, grew up in Canton and moving to Tucker in the next few months to be near work.

I just joined the site a few weeks back and am enjoying it very much. Lots of good info and some very supportive folks to talk with.

FYI, I'm a single 31-yr old guy. My 'crazy meds' are 150mg Wellbutrin XL, 225mg Effexor XR, 30mg BuSpar and 60mg of Adderall daily.

letssee
09-05-06, 10:45 PM
I grew up with nicknames like Spacer, Spacey, etc. and figured that was just me. I was in my early 30s and saw an Oprah show on ADD. What a defining moment! I was tested and chose not to take meds. I have tried baby doses of Ephedra in the past and it seemed to help some.

I am a 44-yr-old married w/children female living in Canton. :)

tsdad
09-18-06, 01:14 PM
Letssee,
I grew up without knowing of my ADD. I have found that studying the entire field of ADD and using this knowledge to help me re-interpret my earlier life has been very important. Have you read any of the books by Sari Solden? One I would recommend would be her 'Women with Attention Deficit Disorder'.

Dan
ADDer who became an ADD Coach

jobiedobie2000
10-03-06, 11:18 AM
Technicly I Aint From Georgia No More Lol But I Have Lived In Ga For 30 Years Is Any One Here From Dalton I Came From Dalton I Live In South Florida Now I Miss Home Just Wonted To Say Hello!!!!and Howdy Yall

anonymid
10-10-06, 03:21 AM
Hi, I'm David; I live in Athens. I moved here from Albany, New York a little over a month ago. I'm probably just living here temporarily--my original plan was to move back up north at the end of December and resume school (I'm a graduate student who's taking time off)--but who knows; so much of my life is up in the air right now, and I might end up living here longer than I expected to.

DynamiteBritany
10-10-06, 12:52 PM
Hey everybody! I just moved to Atlanta (Midtown) a month and 1/2 ago. I grew up in Gwinnett (like 20-30 miles down the street)... but I went to school at Georgia Southern (pretttty much the middle of nowhere in southeast, ga) for 3 years, as well as Savannah College of Art and Design (in downtown Sav.). I somehow managed to transfer back and forth, between the two, four different times! I always said my location was just as A.D.D. as me! I eventually landed closer to my home, and have (once again) transfered to the SCAD in ATL. I know of a couple good psych. / pscychiatrists... around here (I am in the progress of becoming an ADD Coach... so I've got a few clients around this area, as well as a school filled with ADDers... so if anyone needs recomendations just send me a note! It can be super hard to find a good doc. i know! Does anyone have any good "night life" recomendations? bars, resturaunts, fun spots.. etc.? I've yet to explore this town enough!
<3
Brittany

DavidGen
02-26-08, 08:23 PM
Hey my names David, I live in Lagrange/Columbus GA

sidetraked
08-15-08, 09:45 PM
Hi, I'm Jon and I'm in the Savannah area. Nice to see some half-way local faces here :)

Dreamer184
12-11-08, 05:30 PM
Heyl!! :) Rose here... and I am in Gwinnett County but I go to school downtown at GA State.... going on year 7 of college... LOL

imstillaguy
01-02-09, 02:47 AM
i'm 37
i live on cypress lake outside of statesboro ga
i was diagnosed with add around 6 years old was only treated for a few years
and was rediagnosed 12/31/08
is anyone aware of any support groups in this area?

ScottyMet
08-21-09, 10:05 AM
Hello. Scott here. I live in Dunwoody (north Atlanta).

I was just diagnosed with ADD (no hyperactivity), and am on Vyvanse.

AloneInthought
01-08-11, 12:52 PM
Wow last post in here was a while ago... LOL Well I am from the Augusta, GA area. Currently in Kandahar, Afghanistan working as a civilian contractor making some serious money finally. Looking forward to moving back there to be with my 2 beautiful KIDS!! Only 9 1/2 months to GO!!! LOL:):)

AloneInthought
01-08-11, 01:35 PM
BTW, may sound weird but if anyone wants a penpal LOL I am looking.. Just get SOOO Bored over here, there is a lot of downtime and I try to keep myself busy but that only works for SO LONG. Yeah I got an attention problem LOL so looking to just converse and stuff.. Maybe make a new friend or two so I could have a possible support group when I get back.. Location does not matter neither does you gender or age... Just looking to pass the time by faster over here... Hope to hear from someone...