View Full Version : Roll Call - Iowa Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:30 PM
This is Roll call for members living in Iowa . Please give a brief intro.

Name

Salsa
12-26-03, 03:31 PM
Sandy M., b. 2/20/60

We live in northern Iowa (Brrrrrrrrrrr), but I am from Illinois.
Born in Chicago. :cool:

I have ADHD, Epilepsy, (and probably also Bipolar II)

My 9yo daughter, Amy, has ADD (b. 3/21/94)

My 8yo daughter, Elizabeth, has Autism (b. 10/1/95)

My oldest daughter, Jennifer, also had ADHD. She was also suspected of having Asperger Syndrome and/or Childhood-onset Bipolar Disorder. She died last year in an accident. (7/1/92 - 9/10/02)

TeriandMatt
04-05-04, 02:33 PM
I am a 37 year old single mom with a sevenyear old who was diagnosed with ADD last year. He is an amazing child! We live in West Des Moines, Iowa.

KnittingJunkie
01-07-05, 04:48 AM
I migrated up here (to Iowa) a few years ago with my parents, before I got married and had a kid (ok, reverse those last two events.)

No offense, but...I liked Arkansas better. I think I miss being consistently surrounded by trees, rather than vast amounts of flat fields. And there's so much wind, and at the moment, my car is buried in at least a foot of snow.

Oh, well. The good thing about living in a cold climate is that if I put on a few pounds, I can wear baggy sweaters with good reason, as opposed to Arkansas, where their definition (previously my definition) of "freezing cold" was somewhere around 50 degrees...

-Chrys

hayden_young
03-08-05, 01:11 PM
Hayden--I live in Des Moines. I haven't officially been tested yet (by a doctor, that is), but sometimes I feel I've been tested my whole life. :rolleyes:

ahalo
03-24-05, 12:35 AM
My name is Sarah, I live near Cedar Rapids and I have ADHD and I am raising a teenager who has ADHD.

teddy
03-29-05, 11:33 AM
Hi ......My name is Rhonda....I am ADHD..and live near Marshalltown, IA. I have 2 sons.

Oldest..21-- ADHD

Youngest- 17- ADD Inattentive

Any suggestions for good local doctors? or support groups?

Smalls
08-19-05, 09:24 PM
I live pretty close to Des Moines Iowa and have ADD. I'm 22 years old.

sherigraph
12-27-05, 12:41 AM
I don't live in Iowa anymore, but did live in Glenwood IA. Went to junior high and high school there.

Dannille32
03-16-06, 12:53 PM
Hi there .. my name is Dannille and I have a daughter that has had what seems like every mental disorder known to man.. well atleast it seems that way. Right now she is 11yrs old and current diagnosis is Ansperger... and new med Namenda along with 4 others to help her function. I am 31ys have 2 other children and We live in Newton Iowa... Hope to get to know some folks. Thank you...

WeldingGuy
04-25-06, 09:11 PM
Hello, I was diagnosed with Adult ADD about 3 years ago. I graduated college last May with a degree in Welding Engineering and recently relocated to West Des Moines.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Iím looking for a good Adult ADD Doctor. Any suggestions?

Errin
07-01-06, 03:48 PM
Hi~

My name is Errin and I live in Castalia, Iowa. I was diagnose with Adult ADD about a year and a half ago. I have 2 little boys, both of whom most likely have ADD as well, but aren't taking any medication at this point. Nice to meet some fellow Iowans! :)

~Errin

thewfh
11-07-06, 09:37 PM
Hi, I'm Chris and I live in Hiawatha. Diagnosed 3 years ago and I'm struggling with impulsiveness, and the "Oh look, A butterfly!!" affect. (as my husband jokingly says)

Jakestar
11-09-06, 01:48 AM
Cedar Falls, here 29 years, known about my ADD for half of em. On meds last 2 yesrs working out well.

alphalpha
05-24-09, 04:18 AM
I am 23 and have been recently diagnosed with adhd(combined type)

happierin09
02-23-11, 10:37 AM
Amy, 37, diagnosed officially in 12/2010. I live near Sioux City, Iowa. Not too many of us around here :)

jalyda
09-21-11, 02:06 PM
hello - i am 28 and live in des moines, iowa

tinabobeana
08-31-12, 04:52 PM
I'm 33 from des Moines, diagnosed a little over a month ago but have struggled since middle school. Have a 3 yr old daughter.