View Full Version : Roll Call - Kansas Attention Deficit Disorder

postrocker
12-14-03, 12:42 AM
if you are from Kansas, any part reply to this so we can get a local community going on this great place.!

tyler

Tara
12-20-03, 06:30 PM
This is Roll call for members living in Kansas . Please give a brief intro.

Name

krisp
03-25-04, 09:10 AM
Helloooooo.... is there anybody in here? I'm Krisp, native of Kansas, and the mod for the Kansas section. My relationship to ADD is lifelong. I have inattentive-type, as does most of my family. The jury is still out on my children. ;)

Any other Kansans here?

sixes
03-25-04, 10:02 AM
Mechelle
Kansas - Moved here last yr. Originally from OKC area.
ADHD-Implusive/inattentive

I do not post much, as I work and I am now attending school part time. But, I do come on and see what up with everybody as often as I can. Even if only for a few minutes.

Badriyah
06-04-04, 06:38 PM
Im in Independence MO

NeuroticGoddess
07-22-04, 01:38 PM
I am from KS.

krisp
07-23-04, 09:43 AM
I merged these two threads to make one still-not-very-long thread. Do we have any lurkers from Kansas who would like to post? :D

NeuroticGoddess
07-24-04, 12:29 PM
I'm in Kansas, Hutchinson area.

trout94
08-25-04, 10:29 AM
My name is Annie and I'm 31. I'm from the Wichita, KS area, just looking for those that might be close. I've had ADD for as long as my mother can remember, just diagnosed within the last year. Quite the struggle at times. Good luck to all the rest of you from our fine state.

LAHdedah
11-05-04, 04:53 PM
Mother of two - 12 (soon to be 13) year old daughter with ADD and 10 year old son with ADHD. Live in the Manhattan area.

seaslug
02-15-05, 06:56 PM
I'm from Pratt, been living with this "undertermined" illness for 30 years. Nice to know I'm not alone or crazy.

strawberry71
09-05-06, 12:42 AM
From KC, I have adult ADHD and my 8 year old son has ADHD. I am not on any meds but my son is on Adderall for it. My 3 year old hasn't been tested and my 11 year old daughter is fine.

*~ žEEK ~*
09-05-06, 12:53 AM
From KC, I have adult ADHD and my 8 year old son has ADHD. I am not on any meds but my son is on Adderall for it. My 3 year old hasn't been tested and my 11 year old daughter is fine.Welcome to the Forums from Grandview strawberry! :)

I sure hope you will enjoy the ADD Forums as much as I have! :)

It seems like all the rest of the people from KC haven't been on the Forums lately.

Therefore, it will be nice to have a fellow KCer here!

Peace! :)

sammyanne1
09-05-06, 03:06 AM
Hello to all from Overland Park

*~ žEEK ~*
09-05-06, 05:16 AM
Hi sammyanne.

I use to live in O.P.! Near the mall! :)

Shoot we could have been neighbors even! LOL :D

sammyanne1
09-06-06, 12:30 AM
quite possibly, I'm not far from the mall lol

*~ žEEK ~*
09-06-06, 04:39 AM
quite possibly, I'm not far from the mall lolOk then will you come over and help me clean my house! LOL :D

JK :)

sammyanne1
09-06-06, 08:26 PM
hmmm, tempting, but not likely lol, mine isn't even clean right now

*~ žEEK ~*
09-07-06, 01:50 AM
hmmm, tempting, but not likely lol, mine isn't even clean right nowNot many ADDers houses are clean, unless they have OCD about cleanliness! LOL :D

sammyanne1
09-08-06, 01:16 AM
lol, yeah, so long as there isn't some un identifiable funk in my apartment it really doesn't get cleaned much

bellyoffire
11-21-06, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone. I am from Overland Park. 75th & Metcalfe Area.

*~ žEEK ~*
11-21-06, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone. I am from Overland Park. 75th & Metcalfe Area. Hi bellyoffire! I lived in OP until 1999 when I moved over to Grandview! (because housing was so much cheaper) That was back right after Sprint moved all of their people here and bought up all of the decent houses on the Kansas side!

Another year or two and I will be moving back to the Kansas side! :)

Once a Kansasian always a Kansasian! :)

Anyway, welcome to ADDF! I hope you'll find what your looking for here! :)

Peace! :)

bellyoffire
11-22-06, 10:02 AM
Thank you. speaking of Sprint, I just started working there as a full time employee last week. :D

*~ žEEK ~*
11-22-06, 08:20 PM
Thank you. speaking of Sprint, I just started working there as a full time employee last week. :D LOL :D That's ok, I don't harbor any ill will toward the sprint folks! LOL :D

Uneek1
05-09-08, 01:15 PM
Hi there ye Kansans! I'm originally from KS but live in Nebraska now. I'll be making a trip to (and through) Kansas next month if any of you want to meet. My itenarary is staying with a friend in Wichita for a night or two and heading west to southwest Kansas for a cousin's graduation. I don't know yet how I'll go home. I hate doing the same route back and forth. Probably has to do with ADD. Gotta get sidetracted! Anyone from Dodge? I'll probably stop at Boot Hill (been there several times) and of course my MUST is eat at the McDonald's with the stagecoach. Maybe go to the zoo which I never knew was there. (I know, don't expect much since I'm used to the Wichita zoo and Omaha zoo). Any takers on my (and my 2 year old, he'll be with me) adventure???

Lunacie
05-09-08, 03:49 PM
Hi there ye Kansans! I'm originally from KS but live in Nebraska now. I'll be making a trip to (and through) Kansas next month if any of you want to meet. My itenarary is staying with a friend in Wichita for a night or two and heading west to southwest Kansas for a cousin's graduation. I don't know yet how I'll go home. I hate doing the same route back and forth. Probably has to do with ADD. Gotta get sidetracted! Anyone from Dodge? I'll probably stop at Boot Hill (been there several times) and of course my MUST is eat at the McDonald's with the stagecoach. Maybe go to the zoo which I never knew was there. (I know, don't expect much since I'm used to the Wichita zoo and Omaha zoo). Any takers on my (and my 2 year old, he'll be with me) adventure???

Hello Uneek - I live just east of Wichita. Don't know when you'll be coming through, but maybe the grandkids and I could meet up with you and your little one someplace - like the playground at Exploration Place? But they go off to their Dad's house on the weekends, so then it would be just little ol' me.

I was so relieved and even happy when I finally learned about ADHD about 4 years ago and finally knew that I wasn't stupid or lazy, that there was a real reason for my struggles all of my life. My oldest granddaughter also has ADHD (last night she was incredibly hyper!) and my youngest granddaughter has Autism.

Are you going to follow Hiway 54 west to Dodge City and drive through Greensburg? I grew up there and it scared the socks off me when the tornado went through a year ago because I still have family and friends living there. They were all in shelter and were safe. I was just out there last month for my Dad's funeral, and can't believe the rebuilding that is taking place. I hope you'll take a few minutes to stop and check out the World's Largest Hand Dug Well - even if you don't hike all the way to the bottom with a toddler in tow.

I haven't seen anyone else here on ADDforums that's from this neck of the woods. Would love to have someone to do a support group with. We did find an Autism support group though. :)

Uneek1
05-09-08, 05:31 PM
Hello Uneek - I live just east of Wichita. Don't know when you'll be coming through, but maybe the grandkids and I could meet up with you and your little one someplace - like the playground at Exploration Place? But they go off to their Dad's house on the weekends, so then it would be just little ol' me.

I was so relieved and even happy when I finally learned about ADHD about 4 years ago and finally knew that I wasn't stupid or lazy, that there was a real reason for my struggles all of my life. My oldest granddaughter also has ADHD (last night she was incredibly hyper!) and my youngest granddaughter has Autism.

Are you going to follow Hiway 54 west to Dodge City and drive through Greensburg? I grew up there and it scared the socks off me when the tornado went through a year ago because I still have family and friends living there. They were all in shelter and were safe. I was just out there last month for my Dad's funeral, and can't believe the rebuilding that is taking place. I hope you'll take a few minutes to stop and check out the World's Largest Hand Dug Well - even if you don't hike all the way to the bottom with a toddler in tow.

I haven't seen anyone else here on ADDforums that's from this neck of the woods. Would love to have someone to do a support group with. We did find an Autism support group though. :)

Yup. Goin' thru Greensburg and was planning on seeing the changes. Even if I didn't know anyone there, that tornado shook me up too. I can't imagine that town being gone! We always drive through there on the way to Sublette! So we could still go to the Well? Did they ever find the meteorite? I don't remember. Been there a few times and probably will take Cody too. I'm into "roadside attractions". In Dodge, a must for me is to eat at the McDonalds with the stagecoach.

Sorry so short. Gotta go and I'll be back later to finish up the thought.

Lunacie
05-09-08, 05:47 PM
Yup. Goin' thru Greensburg and was planning on seeing the changes. Even if I didn't know anyone there, that tornado shook me up too. I can't imagine that town being gone! We always drive through there on the way to Sublette! So we could still go to the Well? Did they ever find the meteorite? I don't remember. Been there a few times and probably will take Cody too. I'm into "roadside attractions". In Dodge, a must for me is to eat at the McDonalds with the stagecoach.

Sorry so short. Gotta go and I'll be back later to finish up the thought.

Yes, they found the meteorite. It was already "dirt colored" and was so covered with dirt and debris that it was pretty well hidden. They shipped it to Wichita to one of the museums for the interim. I don't think they've taken it back yet, the gift shop is just a itty bitty building for now, but there are plans to build a bigger one.

Goodness, I haven't been to Dodge City in a very long time - since shortly before my daughter was born I think. And she is 34 now! Well, we did stop there on our way back from Colorado once to get a flat tire fixed.

Uneek1
05-09-08, 07:45 PM
Ok. I'm back. It's scary going back to Wichita because I need a map now! It bugs me asking, "Now where's that street again?" I feel lost and stupid. LOL. I moved away 9 years ago so of course things have changed...maybe not the street names but things look different...especially the Old Market. I mean Old Towne. Wait a sec. LOL. Whichever. See! I can't even get that straight! Omaha has the other one. Ok. Wichita has Old Towne. I have no problem when I'm talking about Omaha. It's when I'm talking about both places I get confused. Ok, I'm taking up all this space on your Kansas thread...... I was hoping to find a bunch of people!

Lunacie
05-10-08, 02:26 AM
Yeah, you can forget a lot of stuff in 9 years like how to find your way around a town. Especially when the landmarks change - or get blown to smithereens by a tornado. Driving around Greensburg I'd say, "Ah, that's where my gramma's house was... or was it another street south of here?"

My daughter and I were looking for yard sales Friday morning and some of those twisty windy streets had her completely lost and wishing for a tall building to use as a landmark. She's had a lot of stress in the last 4 years and has seemed to be more like me in the ADD department than ever before. But then I notice that my symptoms are usually worse when I have a lot of stress going on too.

eden40000
08-11-09, 11:59 PM
Hello - I'm from topeka. My God there aren't very many of us!

Lunacie
08-12-09, 11:44 AM
No, there aren't many of us around here. I've tried a couple of time to get a support group going in my area with no success.

Microwench
01-18-11, 08:27 PM
Hi all!

Olathe Kansas here!

Yay! Locals!

Are there any support groups in the KC area? Anyone interested? I would be more than willing to help out, but I can't manage all of the responsibilities myself :-) I'd misplace the group, or forget my car at a meeting

Lunacie
01-18-11, 08:33 PM
Hi all!

Olathe Kansas here!

Yay! Locals!

Are there any support groups in the KC area? Anyone interested? I would be more than willing to help out, but I can't manage all of the responsibilities myself :-) I'd misplace the group, or forget my car at a meeting

Hello fellow Kansan! Too bad I'm a few hours west of ya, I'd love to participate in a group again. I know there are support groups for Autism in the KC area, I'd bet there are groups for ADHD too.

Microwench
01-19-11, 01:05 PM
Soooo...

Anyone interested in meeting up? Get a group together for lunch or dinner?

I was going to start a meetup thing at that website, but it costs money, none of which I have at the moment.

LaughnJar
09-16-11, 04:28 PM
Hello fellow Kansans. I was just diagnosed at 40. Thought it was anxiety, some of it was. Grew up with my younger cousin who lived with us and was diagnosed early on. His was obnoxious, angry, low academic, "spastic" outburst, etc. So when my ARNP suggested I had ADD, phsh, No way I said. Well yepper. Read Delivered from Distraction, found out about different modalities and am firmly convinced I too am ADD.

Sucks right now because I differ in opinion about my med necessities and max amp threshold/amp combinations. I am on Vyvanse but have a 2 yo and wife in Nursing school. Vyvanse gives me nowhere near the coverage I need; even @ 70mg am/50mg 2pm. I KNOW that seems high, but the drug wears off quickly. Wanted to try an IR dex/adderall as a booster in pm, but NOOOO...instead she rxd Trileptal. I even presented her with Harvard's Dr. Biederman re underdosing of adults. I currently take a midpoint amp level based on scientific evidence. But amp paranoia is as rampant as pain management drug dosing.

Just keepin on
Al

ADDammit
11-18-13, 05:44 PM
Just moved to Wichita from Florida

Sekhmet2014
08-27-14, 10:28 PM
I live on the KS side of the Kansas City area. Just diagnosed at age 58!! But I've had serious depression all my life--which I am sure was caused in part by frustration and hopeless caused by trying and trying and being so frustrated all the time.
I think there is a support group via CHADD in our area.

Lunacie
08-28-14, 11:16 AM
I live on the KS side of the Kansas City area. Just diagnosed at age 58!! But I've had serious depression all my life--which I am sure was caused in part by frustration and hopeless caused by trying and trying and being so frustrated all the time.
I think there is a support group via CHADD in our area.

Ha! I was the same age when I had my self-diagnosis confirmed by a therapist (not official).
I've also suffered from anxiety and depression as long as I can remember.
I'm in the Wichita area and there are no support groups here.
I tried to start one, but after six months of no one coming I gave up.

snjyds
05-03-17, 11:24 PM
Greeting fellow Kansans. I'm in NE Kansas.

Lunacie
05-04-17, 11:23 AM
Greeting fellow Kansans. I'm in NE Kansas.

Welcome fellow Kansan. There doesn't seem to be very many of us here. :grouphug:
But one gal in California/Wisconsin grew up in Kansas, so I count her too. :yes: