View Full Version : New here... ADD Forum & Virginia

coreyrichards
01-02-07, 03:26 PM
I don't know if this is something I'm not supposed to ask or not... I couldn't find anything about it, but I'm looking for a Psychiatrist down here in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area of Virginia... I'm hoping to find out something so that I don't have to resort to the proverbial throwing darts at the yellow pages / insurance company listings of doctors.

Any help anyone can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Corey

EYEFORGOT
01-03-07, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the forum!

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9422

Scroll down to Edward Goldenberg in Norfolk.

Vhan
01-03-07, 01:30 PM
Hey Corey!

Good to have you on the forums!

I think your docter should be able to hlep you find a Psychiatrist somewere in your area.

--hope this helps!

P.s. -Hope you heal quickley! went to the hospital ounce, grr, hated it! :p

QueensU_girl
01-03-07, 01:53 PM
HI there,

welcome to ADD Forums.

Have you had any ADHD testing done? Often Psychiatrists require this before coming to a diagnosis of ADHD. (Most ADHDers are not 'Hyperactive' physically; Inattentives and Combineds and impulsives are often missed, in diagnosis.)

Many of us were missed as children, particularly the Inattentives.

As adults we aren't so much Hyperactive, as Underacheivers and Tired. :(

coreyrichards
01-05-07, 02:53 PM
thank you for your responses; as per your questions, I was tested and have been confirmed over 20 years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations for doctors?

Thanks for anyone who can help out.

nzkiwi
01-05-07, 03:41 PM
Have you tried chadd or a similar organization for a listing of professionals in your area?

coreyrichards
01-18-07, 05:46 PM
nzkiwi --
I don't know what chadd is, or where a listing of professionals in my area is... that's what i'm looking for and how to find [i'm also disabled with restricted use of my hands, so i don't have a lot of strength to do searching].

thank you for any help you can provide.

nzkiwi
01-18-07, 07:19 PM
You could call these guys, maybee they can put you on to a physician in your area who can help you with meds. They do assessments, but i am sure they refer patients.:) Sorry, I quess I could have sent a private message.

<CENTER>Atlantic Counseling & Testing
P.O. Box 2953
Virginia Beach, VA 23450-2953

Tel: (757) 631-6330
Fax: (757) 631-6330

E-Mail: Atlanticct@cox.net (Atlanticct@cox.net) Website: www.atlantic-testing.com (http://www.atlantic-testing.com/) </CENTER>