View Full Version : Roll Call - Kentucky Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:31 PM
This is Roll call for members living in Kentucky . Please give a brief intro.

Name

fp41
11-30-04, 05:11 PM
I live in Pikeville, Ky 41 yr Divorced father with 2 wonderful daughters...

distracted23
01-04-05, 10:16 PM
Hey! I am a 23 yr. old from central KY, in college (argh), also with major depression. Do your daughters have it too?

Canimakeit
02-07-05, 11:40 PM
24 year's old, Un,DXed, severe dyslexia and AD.

mustFocus
02-25-05, 10:53 PM
Hi,

I'm 36 and was just recently diagnosed with ADD (I don't know what else is lurking in my head, yet) :rolleyes:

I have lived in central KY all my life and have a stressed out non-ADD wife and three wonderful kids.

- Tom

timmy!!
04-18-05, 02:00 PM
39 yo non-ADD male

Married for 11 years to 38 yo ADD female - on meds 4 years.

8 yo daughter just diagnosed and starting treatment.

Shultz
06-29-05, 03:19 PM
Hi Tara,

Shultz, 37, m, Louisville.

Lparr00
10-10-05, 11:41 AM
Hi..Im Laura from Central KY in the Bluegrass area. Was diagnosed as (old term) 'hyperkenetic' back in the day and was on Ritalin as well. Now Im 35 and really wanting to get a grip on my ADHD. I am a mother of 3 and married (although currently separated..) for almost 7 years.
Was on Wellbutrin XL for a while and it made a world of good not only for my ADD but depression as well.
My biggest concern is making decisions. It seems that given lifes choices, I never seem to process all that needs to be considered. So in the end, my heart, or less, rules my head!
Just curious if anyone else is like this because this is one thing I hope to make better for myself.

HuskyMom
02-01-06, 12:01 PM
Hiya! I'm 28, living in Ashland KY here, the northeastern tip . I am newly married (in October), and I'm trying to get a grip on the ADHD. I have also been diagnosed bipolar, and am on meds for that. Everything at the moment is good...just trying to get leveled out.

lars
07-16-06, 01:31 AM
Hi, I live in Frankfort. I am 36 and was diagnosed with adult ADD in 1992. Currently I am a full time non-traditional college student who is preparing to take the MCAT next spring which will be the biggest factor in determining which medical school I enroll in. I am currently taking Desoxyn, but will likely switch back to Dexedrine next month due to how much more affordable the Dexedrine is.

vetver
03-19-08, 03:18 AM
Louisville, KY
41 years old
Recently diagnosed with Adult ADD though I suspected it for years and now wish I had sought help before
Currently taking Adderall

Also have a 12 year old ADHD son taking Concerta.

LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY
2 things to know in case you don't:

1. Lee Epstein
hands down, without a doubt, the expert in the region
So smart and insightful, he was able to identify my add even though I know it could have looked like a lot of things. He does all the tests not some checklist.

2. Summit Academy
If your child is ADHD or has other special learning needs, this is the school. I cannot say enough about this school - they saved my son's life. Not exaggerating.

If you want to know more, please ask.

ADDBecky
07-30-08, 06:54 PM
24 years old - ADD for 19 years
Married to Non-ADDer for 3 years.
No Kids and I was on Ritalin for years.

I live in Central Ky

Wes-O
03-13-09, 11:10 AM
Hi, I live in Crescent Springs, very new to the forum here, 52 y/o, married, with 3, oldest is in her late twenties, 20 y/o daughter just recently diagnosed with ADD and a 17 y/o son.

advocate
06-11-09, 09:11 AM
I'm an advocate with Kentucky Education Rights who represents special needs children with school related problems, under IDEA and 504. Aside from being an ol' guy who takes his concerta daily for ADHD, my clientele is primarily ADHD kids (including two of my own).

sortawicked
08-12-09, 03:11 PM
I'm Sherry, 42, Bardstown Ky.Undiagnosed .

Wife to non ADDer, 4 kids from former marriage - 2 sons ages 23and 15 and 2 daughters ages 21 and 19.

My older daughter is diagnosed, younger daughter definatly has it but not diagnosed. oldest son definately is (or was when he was little) but not diagnosed.Younger son is probably a mild case but is much better than the rest of us.

Im in school for RN but the really hard stuff starts on Monday.Math nearly killed me so Im terrified that this disorder may keep me from doing well from here on out in my studies.

addary
12-26-11, 01:21 PM
My name is Mary, I am 27 and have suffered from ADHD/ADD my whole life. I live in Columbia Ky. now. I have 3 children. One which we believe to be ADHD and maybe other problems as well. Advocating for her now.

lala1187
08-25-12, 03:17 PM
I live in Louisville ky & am finding that developing a support system is very difficult. Running out of options is how I'm feeling

topper1969
10-17-12, 04:00 PM
I'm 43 and was just diagnosed a couple of years ago. I've made some progress but there have been many ups and downs.

I'm starting an Adult support group that will begin monthly meetings starting November 14th:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/156131044531406/?fref=ts

Hope anyone interested can make it.

Thanks
Todd

topper1969
06-20-13, 12:20 PM
We're now meeting the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 6:30-8 PM at Eco-Cell, 1726 Mellwood Ave in Louisville.

Thanks
Todd

topper1969
05-19-14, 10:56 AM
We're now meeting the 2nd Wednesday of each month, from 6:30-8 PM at the Crescent Hill Public Library in Louisville. We are now also an official satellite of CHADD

www.chadd.net/478

Thanks
Todd