View Full Version : Roll Call - Minnesota Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:38 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Minnesota . Please give a brief intro.

Name

tami612
12-26-03, 05:34 PM
I am Tammy. I am 28 yrs old, and live in Prior Lake. I have ADHD and also a couple others.

renaldos
01-11-04, 10:39 PM
Hello. I'm sara. I'm still here. I live in Rochester. Got diagnosed in about August 2003. Learning tons and reframing a lot about my past since then. I'm 42 years old.

iwritestuffmpls
08-01-04, 12:48 PM
Hi I'm Caitlin. I'm 25 and I live in Minneapolis. I got diagnosed two years ago with ADD innatentive type. I too am learning a lot about myself and learning what works best for me.

mctavish23
08-01-04, 01:27 PM
Hi,
I'm Robert and I live up on the Iron Range. I'll be 54yo in Sept and was diagnosed in 1972 with ADHD Combined type (altho it was called something else back then).Welcome to the forum.

willowmyst
08-21-04, 10:30 AM
Hey there!

I'm Pam from the boonies in east central Minnesota. I'm 50 years old and a newbie here. Undiagnosed, but, boy do I feel at home here! Glad to meet you all.

minn306
10-30-04, 07:16 AM
Hi All~

My name is Rach. I live in St Cloud. My husband has ADHD & my daughter was recently dx with ADD

Mintex2005
11-27-04, 03:53 PM
Howdy

My name is Jim and I live in the Burnsville area. I'm pretty sure I have ADD and raised a step-son who did. I'm finally seeking help with this problem and have posted a brief "novel" under "Adult ADD Help" http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12714

livinginchaos
12-07-04, 02:54 AM
I'm Courtney. I forgot to check this out when I joined! I've been diagnosed since 1999 with ADD - inattentive. It's nice to be able to be around people who have gone through/going through similar things - actually, it's a relief!

Keenieb
01-13-05, 01:04 PM
Thanks to Charlie the guru moderator I found this link at the bottom of my new post. I never would have looked below my post. It's great having a direct link to pertainant topics.
Oh ya. Intro. In and out of therapy since I was 19 to figure out what was "wrong" with me. Put on Prozac in 1989. It helped even out the "edges" but I hated the loss of highs and lows. No Sparkle!
Finally got a dual diagnosis in 2003.
I'm 51. Right now I'm living through the struggle to find the right meds. Love my Concerta hate my Effexor.
I have a soon to be 8 year old son to raise so I have to be on my toes.
Best wishes to those of you in outstate Minnesota. We finally got some real Minnesota weather today.
Colleen/aka/Keenieb

Yocheved
02-07-05, 09:49 PM
Hi I'm Yocheved. I am a 23 year old SAHM (stay at home mom) with inattentive ADD. I was diagnosed when I was in about first grade. I respond extremely well to medication, but have been off of it for about two years since the conception of my DD (darling daughter), throughout the pregnancy and now because of breastfeeding. I am in search of a perscription for some type of ADD meds while I am breastfeeding. Right now I'm trying, with my distracted self, to put together any and all info I can find on meds during BFing to present to a new psychiatrist in early March. If anyone has any info or research they know of, please let me know. I am also interested in meeting iwth other ADD adults, esp SAHMs in the area.

I am so glad to have found this site and I hope to be able to visit often!
-Yocehved

Cesium0137
02-24-05, 12:47 AM
I live in St. Paul near the governors mansion. I am 20 years old and I attend Metro State University. Im not sure how severe my ADD is, the doctor simply gave me a perscription after I told him that I suffered from many of the symptoms listed for ADD. More than anything I suffer from an anxiety disorder as well as depression.

katlyn
03-01-05, 11:44 PM
Hello all who live in the wonderous land of 10,000 lakes!

My name is Katlyn (Kate-lynn) from Lakeville, MN. (most people accidentally pronounce it Cat-lynn);)

I am a 28/ almost 29 yr old with newly diagnosed attentive add as well as many other diagnosis which include major depression, social anxiety, ptsd, eating disorder, etc..... (you get the idea!)

I have two children along with a husband suffering from diagnosed adhd as well, untreated at this time.

till then!

:p

CaptainOblivios
03-02-05, 10:17 PM
Hello Im Cap
Im new to the Twin Cities, just moved to Hopkins. I am 22 year old recent college graduate in computer science from Madison, WI.
I was diagnosed in 1996 with inattentive type, and was on Ritilin until this fall, now that Ive switched to Strattera Im doing better (it makes me so dull though!)
Looking forward to being more active in understanding ADD and meeting others with it!

crazymama05
03-25-05, 08:57 PM
Hello all!!! I am thirty-eight, and from Webster, MN. I was diagnosed just his last Feb. Havent started on any drugs yet, trying to get off something else first. Pretty happy go lucky person. Making ppl smile is paramount. I try.

It did not know there were so many from MN here. Opening up some kind of dialog would be wonderful, and even better, maybe some kind of support system. Just a thought.

alva
05-19-05, 12:13 AM
Hi
I am Julie and I live in Roseville. Apparently there is a support group that meets monthly in Minnetonka, however they want twenty dollars per meeting. I just turned 28, bought my first house and found out that I have innattentive ADD.

By the way, have any of you come across some really great therapists or doctors? I have found a lot of information on the internet which I find extremely helpful and I am happy to have found this forum.
It's good to see people from the local area here as well. Cheers.:)

crazymama05
06-27-05, 03:42 PM
Alva,

So wonderful to meet you. Sounds like you have a lot of information to share. I am sure you will find much information for yourself here as well.

I hope you are still visiting this website. Unfortunately I have been absent for some time now, and am trying to catch up.

Please let us know you are still around. It would be most delightful to have you here too.

We had a Tues night chat session, (i am unsure if it is still operational at this time) and we have been planning a meet in early Aug this year. FREE!!! Just a way to puts faces to names and chat live to save our fingers some cramping....:)

Hope you revisit us soon!!!

Take care
Ronee

ldprice
06-29-05, 11:22 AM
Larry from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>St. Louis Park</st1:place></st1:City>, (western burbs of Mpls). New to ADHD. The more I read the more I realize how long I have lived with the behaviors of ADHD (inatentive). I am beginning the process of diagnosis and hoping to go on Aderrall. I have tried it (borrowed meds from a relation) and the results are amazing.
Any words of wisdom, suggestions and/or advice is appreciated.

Blessings,
Larry

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

livinginchaos
06-29-05, 12:35 PM
Welcome, Larry!!

I am inattentive and on Adderall IR - it works wonders for me! We, Minnesotans, chat Tuesday nights at 1030pm, in a sub chat room.

Instructions on how to get into the chat room:
To enter, go to the regular chat room. When you are in the chat, type in: /join Minn._chat and you should be taken to the sub-room chat for Minnesota.

Hope to talk with you there!

Courtney

Beaker
07-08-05, 11:43 AM
Hello My name is Angie and I live in Rockford!! I have ADHD and generalized anxiety disorder too. I am sure I have had it Forever!! I am 30 now and just recently went in, last october been on meds ever since!! I started out with Strattera worked for a while now I am on Wellbutrin XL 450mg a day !! The focus is gone though, mental state better I think ..... still pretty angry though... anybody else??????????

minn306
07-08-05, 12:20 PM
Welcome Angie & Larry

Hope to hear more from both of you

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have

add-to-the-bone
08-02-05, 11:03 AM
Trent from Rochester. 41 yo male, diagnosed in June with ADD, still working on the right medication dosage but have learned an awful lot of useful info just cruising around the forum and following links. Anyone know of any good support groups in MN?

ldprice
08-02-05, 12:40 PM
So, I go through the usual bit of finding a doctor covered by my insurance. I go through the hoop of being "screened" by the therapist before I can get to the shrink. I have poured over hours of stuff on the web about adhd and the meds available. I get in to see the doc. We talk about meds. I explain what I have seen, read,etc and explain to him I want an XR and an IR due to my day to day life.
The outcome? Concerta. Turns out he is not in favor of Adderall. My gripe is about his reluctance to trust my knowledge and wisdom.
So I get the Concerta. At the end of a week I have survived head aches and nausea. When he returned from vacation another week later, we talked on the phone. His decission? . . . a prescription for Strattera. After we hung up, I realized why I didn't like the way it ended. I am scared of Strattera. I am currently taking Effexor. Strettara is a failed anti-depressant that has been reintroduced into the market place as a treatment for add/hd. Effexor and Strettara have similar effects in the brain and similar side effects. Not to mention the liver thing.

So, Anyone know of a doctor in the twin cities, western burbs that works "WITH" their patients and is willing to trust the patient's input and desires? I know what has and hasn't worked for me. I know dosage, quantity and frequency that will work for me. I want a doctor who will listen!

Thanks for your time,
Lars

livinginchaos
08-06-05, 05:58 AM
Welcome Angie and Trent!!

Come check out our Minnesota chat - Tuesdays at the new time of 9pm! We are in a sub chat room, in the main chat room.

The code to type in is: /join Minn._chat

Hope to see you there!

Trent - I wish I could tell you I know of a support group, but I know of none. If I come across any, I'll post 'em!

Best wishes!

lalafield
08-08-05, 03:56 PM
Im almost 30 (not that Im anxiously waiting for this.) From St paul. I just started taking strattera beause im going back to school in the fall.
lala

livinginchaos
08-08-05, 09:22 PM
HI lalafield!
Welcome!! I live in St Paul also. nice to meet you!

Katchup2002
08-31-05, 01:45 AM
My name is Catherine. I'm 21. My fiance was diagnosed with ADD this year after much...well...insisting from me to get checked. We live together in Minneapolis. I'm hoping to find some help in understanding why he acts the way he does. He also has Social Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Slight signs of Aspergers...etc...etc.
Anyway, I've posted so far in the Partners or people with ADD...I'm hoping this will help me alot because we've been having some problems lately. Thanks.

livinginchaos
08-31-05, 01:51 AM
Welcome, Catherine!

jennyjay
08-18-06, 04:40 PM
Jennifer, and I live in Minneapolis. :cool:

livinginchaos
08-21-06, 08:55 PM
Hey there, Jennifer!
It's nice to meet you!

MonkeyK
09-14-06, 11:14 PM
Hey all,
My name is Mike. I live in Maplewood, just moved here from Southwest Minneapolis. I'm 38 and married with two kids.

I posted an intro here, but then noticed that it looks like there is a better place for that, so I moved it.

minn306
09-15-06, 08:06 AM
welcome Mike. I am from central minnesota

agirlandherdogs
09-25-06, 07:51 PM
hi everyone,
I am Amy and I just started treatment for the second time for my ADHD. Originally diganosed in 1983. I am near Rochester. I just started taking adderall xr and am really waiting for that 'ah ha' moment. Basically I'm feeling like I'm running a marathon--heart rate in the 90's-100's with this...am I supposed to feel like I want to accomplish something, still waiting for that. I'm 31 yrs old and working on a nursing degree, basically wondering if with all these changes i"m going to make it through this semester...
Amy

livinginchaos
09-25-06, 10:31 PM
Hi Mike & Amy!

Welcome to ADDF! I can be found in St. Paul

Courtney

IansDad
11-12-06, 02:57 PM
I'm Alex, living in Otsego/Rogers. I won't duplicate my intro post (see it in that forum for more info on me) 'cause I'd just ramble again.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in the MN forum.

lucky23
11-15-06, 11:55 PM
I'm Stacey - 23 from the Mpls area.
Was actually just diagnosed at the end of August with ADHD -- still learning more and more about it every day!

Started on Ritalin, didn't do much so they switched me to Adderall IR 15mg 2x a day -- we will see how this goes!

IansDad
11-16-06, 12:33 AM
Well hi Stacey. I guess there are a few active Minnesotans looking at the local thread.

minn306
11-16-06, 08:50 AM
Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in the MN forum.
Yes we have noticed that also. It would sure be nice to see some more activity in the MN forum. If you have any suggestions or ideas, we are always open to new ideas

minn306
11-16-06, 08:52 AM
I'm Stacey - 23 from the Mpls area.
Was actually just diagnosed at the end of August with ADHD -- still learning more and more about it every day!

Started on Ritalin, didn't do much so they switched me to Adderall IR 15mg 2x a day -- we will see how this goes!
Welcome Stacey. I am from central part of Minnesota.

IansDad
11-17-06, 12:37 AM
Rach, I think I'll start with a question. Is there anything live, groups or anything (I don't even know what exists past internet forums and coaching you have to pay for) in the area for people like me (us)?

kirc0047
11-18-06, 02:41 AM
Hey all, I live in Apple Valley and was diagnosed less than a year ago. Awesome forum - some of the topics on this website have been profound to me.

I am with you IansDad - I like to know what is available in MN as well. I think someone should start an ADD sports night or something active.

IansDad
11-18-06, 10:23 AM
That's a great Idea, Kirc. Hell, what's to stop us from starting on ourselves? I'll start a new thread so that we don't weigh down the rollcall.

markvr4
11-30-06, 02:56 AM
Hi All,

I'm Mark, and I was diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago, only about 25 years late! I live in Minneapolis.

IansDad
11-30-06, 07:00 PM
Hey Mark, check the thread about a possible meeting (casual/social) of Twin Cities Area members! Love to have you join us.

creads
12-15-06, 03:15 AM
Hello Minnesotans,
You can call me creads or Rachaelle. I am 28 and was recently diagnosed with ADHD combined type including an anxiety disorder NOS with depressive features.

I hate that diagnosis. But! I am glad to finally be addressing these issues, really really glad because I thought I was going crazy. Well, I still might be going crazy but now maybe I can learn to focus on my craziness. :-)

I live in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">St. Paul</st1:place></st1:City> right now but I don't know for how long. I've been trying to move out of this frigid state for a while now. But I've changed my plans so many times that they are meaningless.

Anyway, just reading these posts on these forums have given me hope and comfort; knowing that I am not alone. Seriously, I read some posts that I could have written myself. Maybe I did and I just forgot...(my attempt at ADHD humor).

I am taking a generic form of adderall (amphetamine salts) in 20mg doses and I have very mixed feelings about it.

All right, I could go on for a while but I'll let that serve as my introduction and finish by reiterating:

I am so very glad that these forums and you people are here...

livinginchaos
12-16-06, 02:27 AM
Welcome Mark & Rachaelle!

Courtney

timmyo
02-15-07, 01:58 PM
I, too, recently posted on introduction of new members threat, and was led to this more specific thread.

I'm 47, married (but in trouble there), one adult child (a 20 year old hockey player), from Elk River, just down the way from Alex.

I look forward to being active on this board, and this looks like a terrific learning environment.

galend
04-22-07, 04:50 AM
My name is Galen. I'm 30 years old and a student at Metro State. I live in Minneapolis. I was diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type about two years ago. I just started working with a coach a couple of months ago. I'm taking Concerta and it seems to be working ok. I tried that new ADD patch for a while, Daytrana, until my insurance decided to stop paying for it because it's only approved for kids. It was kind of a hassle anyway. Ok..I'm rambling on....

stasia
05-29-07, 08:40 PM
I live in Minneapolis near Loring Park and have just recently been diagnosed with ADD inattentive type. I'm a doctoral student who's trying to complete my dissertation and it's been a nightmare!

I am starting on Adderall today after a month on Strattera with really unbearable side effects.

B-Intentional
05-29-07, 11:22 PM
Hello All,

I live in the twin cities s.e. metro. I have (if I remember correctly) ADD inattentive type with mood disorder. Tried Ritalin... failure. Trying Concerta now... noticeable improvement, but wondering if this is it, or if there is more. What is the "goal" with medication??

My doctor also did not trust me, not paying any attention to my initial request to try the concerta, which is what has worked for a family member... thus the failed ritalin trial. :faint:
What I think would be nice for people who have ADD, is to be treated by someone who has it. A doctor having some non-textbook experience with which to help me, would just make me feel more confident with the whole process.

Ennio'sMom
09-14-07, 01:19 PM
I live in Saint Paul and was diagnosed while I was struggling in college 11 years ago. Tried Ritalin, got all of the side-effects that its purchased illegally for. Was on Paxil before that, but ended up with my underware on the outside of my clothing. That was a wake-up call for the therapist, so I was then tested and diagnosed w/ADD.

I've recently started sessions with a Speech Therapist. She has a lot of conitive trouble-shooting ideas and exercises. Does this thing have spellcheck?

Anybody else think that ADD people are so energizing to talk to when you yourself have ADD? I'd like to find a group in the area.

watts
10-10-07, 11:44 PM
Hi, my name is Mark and I live in Rochester. I have been checking out the ADD Forums for about a year now and finally became a member a few months ago. I was just reading over the Minnesota section here and didn't realize there were this many of us on the site.

I was originally diagnosed in 1996 when I lived in Arizona. Since then I have been on and off medication, but in 2003 living in Minneapolis I started back on medication and have been compliant. I am always seeking knowledge about this medical disorder, and discovering this forum has been great. I really look forward to getting to know you all better.

Fanny Feghoot
05-01-08, 12:37 PM
Hello, fellow Minnesotans.

I poked around this site numerous times before I got the nerve to register. Reading personal accounts of the good bad and sometimes ugly add moments always brings me comfort. I hope I can meet some cool people here. add-land can be a lonely place for me sometimes. Anyway, here's the scoop. Im 31, diagnosed in 2006, and I live in Faribault. (pronounced fair-bo)
I have two super kids.
My frontal lobe takes quite a long time to light up, so I often look like this...:eek:, and I guess i fall into the category of folks who desire to understand this way of thinking as a gift. Nice to meet all of you.

stasia
05-01-08, 01:14 PM
Welcome Fanny!

Sandy4957
05-08-08, 01:11 PM
I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Hid that fact for a while here because I'm a lawyer and I was concerned that clients would be put off. I'm done worrying about that possibility. I'm 41 y.o., married, hubby is a good man but doesn't "get" the ADD very well just yet. No kids (always knew that they'd overwhelm me somehow). Diagnosed in June of 2007.

lindsey952593
07-20-08, 11:04 PM
Hi Minnesotains,
39 year old man. Was told all my life I was ADD by friends and family. I had a great job, lots of money and good home life. Now all I have is the home life. I started drinking out of boredom from life. Canterbury was a great place to drink if you have ADD...TVs everywhere, input coming from all directions. When it became a huge problem as gambling and alcohol do with ADD men, I quit cold turkey. Now I have an 8 year old that is ADD and my wife diagnosed me along with my daughter. As my wife says"you are soooo ADD. Unfortunately I have a crappy doctor at Park Nicollett who thinks ADD is made up. I argued to get on Strattera and that worked for a while. Its been 7 months now and I can tell it not working like it did before. I need a good doctor who can take me through all of this and is willing to let me try Ritalin, Adderall, etc. I have no desire to abuse anything and want to get a good job back but Im too afraid because of my ADD. Please email me if anyone knows of a good doc in Mpls. Ill pay cash if I have too, I need help with this. Its like the worlds biggest light bulb went off in my head!!

ADHDTigger
02-20-09, 05:04 PM
Just to add a new face...

I was diagnosed in 1967, medicated, magically "grew out of ADHD", unmedicated, finally re-diagnosed in 2003 and am back to the meds again now in 2009. Long story and told in a variety of posts all over the place.

I'm originally from Southern California and moved to MN in 1995. I live in Hugo with my partner- great guy but ADHD clueless- and three cats.

If the weekly chat is still going on, I would love to join in.

minn306
02-20-09, 07:30 PM
I'm originally from Southern California and moved to MN in 1995.

I also moved to Minnesota from Southern California. it is Winters like we are having right now make me wonder why I moved here!! LOL

ADHDTigger
02-22-09, 09:19 PM
I also moved to Minnesota from Southern California. it is Winters like we are having right now make me wonder why I moved here!! LOL

OH BABY!!!

This winter will kill me, I am just sure of it! Still, I can't see me moving back to So Cal for any reason. I was home for Christmas this year and it seemed REALLY strange. I am so much more comfortable with Minnesota!

Having said that, if this winter keeps another tornado from hitting, I will be happy to freeze. The Memorial Day tornado that hit Hugo this year touched down less than 3 miles away. The house is finally fixed and I don't want to play that game again!

The two families that lost family members are both members of my church. May and June were tough.

I love living here and am happy to stay put. Nice to find so many great Minnesotans on the board.

mctavish23
03-20-09, 11:25 PM
Just wanted to say Hi

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

northstar
04-22-09, 11:55 AM
Hello! Never noticed this before. I was DX'd in 2005. I am a female, single mom of 3, currently 37, living near Duluth, and still making my way through the muddle of it all. Sometimes I don't beleive I have it (denial), then I can't hide the fact and come to acceptance. I am who I am. Now if I can just beleive that, it won't matter what others think!!

Naja
06-19-09, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone! I am 30, diagnosed 5 years ago and am ecstatic to meet some fellow ADDers! I was on Adderall a few years, and have tried Ritalin, Concerta, Dexedrine, and now am on my second day of Vyvanse--we'll see how that goes :P

thesprawler
09-18-09, 01:18 AM
Hi, I'm 36 and was diagnosed a couple years ago, and do not have enough ADDers in my life. Anybody in the Twin Cities want to meet for coffee or exercise? I live a couple miles north of the Mall of America.

jess123
10-20-09, 10:35 PM
Hi

I am Jenny from Burnsville , MN. I am 29,and I think I have ADHD. Thank you!

Surly Dave
11-09-10, 01:56 AM
Hello. I'm new here. Just started getting treated for ADD, waiting for the Doc to prescribe meds. I meet with him next week, though I've already started some counseling. I'm 45, certain I've been dealing with ADD all my life, but when I was younger I was diagnosed with acute laziness because I was able to sit still (though my brain was quite active!).

I hope to find support groups or something of that sort in the North metro area.
\Nice meeting you all!

chips
11-09-10, 02:29 AM
Hi Surly Dave and welcome to the forums!!! :)

Unbelievable
01-18-11, 01:13 PM
Can a cheesehead butt in here?

Well, actually I grew up in MN but moved to the sticks in western Wi 14-15 years ago or so. For any of us that are still around I think we should plan a meet up in the cities.

Diagnosed ADHD-PI in Nov. 2010.

hill0786
12-16-11, 01:58 PM
So, I go through the usual bit of finding a doctor covered by my insurance. I go through the hoop of being "screened" by the therapist before I can get to the shrink. I have poured over hours of stuff on the web about adhd and the meds available. I get in to see the doc. We talk about meds. I explain what I have seen, read,etc and explain to him I want an XR and an IR due to my day to day life.
The outcome? Concerta. Turns out he is not in favor of Adderall. My gripe is about his reluctance to trust my knowledge and wisdom.
So I get the Concerta. At the end of a week I have survived head aches and nausea. When he returned from vacation another week later, we talked on the phone. His decission? . . . a prescription for Strattera. After we hung up, I realized why I didn't like the way it ended. I am scared of Strattera. I am currently taking Effexor. Strettara is a failed anti-depressant that has been reintroduced into the market place as a treatment for add/hd. Effexor and Strettara have similar effects in the brain and similar side effects. Not to mention the liver thing.

So, Anyone know of a doctor in the twin cities, western burbs that works "WITH" their patients and is willing to trust the patient's input and desires? I know what has and hasn't worked for me. I know dosage, quantity and frequency that will work for me. I want a doctor who will listen!

Thanks for your time,
Lars

Dr. Feldman or Kathy Wagle, NP at Park Nicollet in St. Louis Park (they may practice other places too...) Dr. Feldman has done a lot of research on ADD.

hill0786
12-16-11, 02:04 PM
My name is Julia. I live in Crystal. I was diagnosed with ADD 20 years ago. I am currently on Adderall IR, but would like to switch to something else (I can't afford the gas driving around to all the pharmacies trying to find it!).

My mom, brothers and sister all have ADD as well. Right now I am trying to cope with my pregnant (read: non-medicated) sister. Growing up, we never got along until we were all on meds (kinda hard to communicate when you only hear the first 10 secs of what anyone else says -lol :D). Here's hoping they find a safe effective ADD drug that can be used while preganant!

Spacemaster
12-16-11, 02:46 PM
Nicolle here, 25, innattentive from Eveleth

aeon
12-18-11, 04:18 PM
Ian here, 42 years of age, Dxd 11/2010 ADHD-PI, hailing from Hanover. :p

cheers,
Ian

stef
12-18-11, 06:59 PM
hello! I grew up in MN (golden valley -then st Louis Park).
(sorry I just posted that because I saw "Crystal" ! I have been away for many years. )

rainin22
06-11-13, 03:24 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of an MD in Minnesota that specializes in ADULT ADD. My current doctor works with a lot of children and has had me on concerta which did not work and vyvanse which improved my focus, but made it harder to sleep at night. We have switched to adderall ir 20mg, but it does not seem to be affecting me in any way positively or negatively. I am looking for a doctor who is knowledgeable about adult add and how these medicines work. With science based research, I have found that dextroamphetamine ir is another option to try, but it is an option that my doctor believes will not work at all (believes that vyvanse's components are not comparable to dextroamphetamine). The fact that vyvanse metabolizes directly into dextroamphetamine is knowledge available on consumer reports as well as other studies and on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextroamphetamine . So I am hoping to look for a doctor who I feel should have this knowledge already.