View Full Version : Roll Call - Mississippi Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:39 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Mississippi . Please give a brief intro.

Name

lucy2
05-20-04, 11:39 PM
Kathy
North Miss.
I have ADD

lilred
09-07-04, 11:35 PM
hi, Cathie from southern Mississippi, my daughter has ADHD

Sam6220
11-10-04, 11:34 PM
Jackson area MS. foster daughter and myself have ADHA

JessieGirl1
03-02-05, 03:35 PM
I am here in Long Beach Mississippi, and am trying to find a home base ADHD group and Dr's that treat this disorder. My problem is I don't have any medical Ins or even a job at this time. I have been in deep deppression since my husbands death and it is getting over whelming to me. I need to get on meds so I can study and get a job. I am 49 years old my husband died 2 years ago and I have no ways of any income. He was only 44 when he was killed in an auto accident, and I can't draw off his death benefits or retirement or etc. I am scared and I need some help here. I live with my widowed mother who is 77 years old and on a fixed income. Where do I go to get help and get a start on life? I have just read in our local paper that our clinics are closing down because of no grants and support. This just has to get better!!!!!Please any advice will be a help!

trina
03-04-05, 01:03 AM
This message is for JESSIEGIRL1. I live in the Gulfport area and I hope this gets to you some how. I have not heard of our clinics shutting down. If this is true however we need to move rather quickly. You should call Coastal Family Health Care Center. Explain your situation and they should be able to lead you in the right direction. They will even set up a payment schedule. Mind you that this is not a free clinic. At times dealing with some of the employees may be frustrating but they will help you if you really need it. Look in the MS phonebook for the number. Good Luck!:)

JessieGirl1
03-04-05, 03:23 PM
Hi Trina! I just read your reply to me and I was glad you got back to me. I do have a Dr appt at the Coastal Family Clinic this March the 11th. The newspaper was the Sun Herald paper 3-2-05 It said that our clinic where running out of Medicaid funds. I didn't read the article, my mother did and she freaked out thinking I wouldn't be excepted there do to lack of funds. What I am concerned is, will they give me any meds for my deprression and ADHD?? Or will they referr me to the Mental Health Dept for this? It just seems like I am getting a run around here. Can a local MD prescribe this type of medications? That is the whole reason for me going to this clinic. I just hope I am not wasting my time. But Thank You Again for getting back with me. G/B JessieGirl1

trina
03-10-05, 01:12 AM
Hello JESSIEGIRL1. Your first doctors appointment will be a bit of a look see. He or she will ask questions about your problems and then refer you to a mental health doctor. He will then evaluate you and perscribe meds if he sees fit. I was given meds for ADD. Maybe this is why it takes me so long to get back to you. I can not seem to focus long enough to go to the ADD forums on my lap top. Besides I usually keep low key and just read what everyone else has to say. I was mainly looking for people that suffer from ADD who live in this area. Especially women. I have noticed that many have viewed but not many replied. I guess being a transplant from the North and having ADD both make me feel like a outsider. So when I remember to I get on the computer when most people are asleep to find women like myself talking about their issues. Anyway enough about that. Go to your appointment see what happens and get help why you can. Funny coming from me who stopped taking all meds. Good Luck. P.S. Sorry for all the misspellings.:o :)

jpolk
04-14-06, 03:10 PM
Hey, from Hattiesburg, MS, I contracted ADHD from a dirty toilet seat. Taking concerta, but doc's only given me 60 years to live.

lars
07-16-06, 05:39 AM
Hey, from Hattiesburg, MS, I contracted ADHD from a dirty toilet seat. Taking concerta, but doc's only given me 60 years to live.
LOL! Toilet seat eh? Bummer. LOL. Thanks for making me laugh, and good luck with the 60 years. :)

mccinny
09-26-06, 12:18 PM
Bah, just moved to Tennessee. But grew up there and spent most of my life in Miss. Good luck to you all.

tilgadiien
06-14-12, 08:59 PM
East/central MS
Diagnosed with ADD at 18, just began treatment (rx only) March 2011 at age 33.
Also, through our marriage counselor, my husband was just diagnosed last week & begins meds tomorrow.