View Full Version : adult ADD books

~muddled~
01-05-07, 04:41 AM
i am intrigued to read Delivered from Distraction by Edward M Hallowell, M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D and Driven to Distraction. hope someone could post a copy here so i can download it for free. :)

Lavitaebella
01-07-07, 10:22 PM
I don't think if that were possible it would be fair to the authors, do you? They're both wonderful books, why don't you take them out at your local library?

inquisitive
01-08-07, 07:21 PM
i couldn't find Driven to Distraction at any bookstores, and was weary to make the purchase online, so i borrowed it from the library. but only a few pages or a chapter into it, i made the purchase online so i can have a copy of my own for my own resources!!

to better understand adult ADD, it really is a good book, worth the read (worth the library loan, and more so worth the purchase!)

oddjobace
01-08-07, 11:09 PM
I really love the book by Lynn Weiss Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults a different way of thinking. It helps to show that ADD isn't such a bad thing after all.

njtrout
01-09-07, 12:14 AM
i am intrigued to read Delivered from Distraction by Edward M Hallowell, M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D and Driven to Distraction. hope someone could post a copy here so i can download it for free. :) Muddled.

Online posting of the works you mentioned would be violate copyright laws and be illegal. Can you try your public library?

The first chapter of of Delivered from Distraction can be found here. (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4749307)

NJTrout

~muddled~
01-16-07, 02:08 AM
oh no, violating anything is so not my intention but i guess it came out that way anyway! my apologies!:(

reading about it is just a compulsion right now that will soon escape me... it always does (no matter how engaging), that's why i don't want to purchase it for myself. and one more thing, i really hate libraries! :)

thanks NJTrout for the link of the first chapter of of Delivered from Distraction.

thanks everyone for your replies. pleasant day to all! :D