View Full Version : Roll Call - Missouri Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:44 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Missouri . Please give a brief intro.

Name

Wheel1975
12-21-03, 02:07 AM
David, 46, male, married, kids, dog, fish

ADHD -official

some LD traits, some Asperger's traits

Good with systems thinking and consistency criticism.

Eager to contribute to a clear understanding of ADHD and related and comorbid conditions.

LilSisw/Add
12-27-03, 11:23 PM
AACK... I posted out there instead of in here LOL oops, was still excited about where the conference was.

Tina, 25, female, single, no kids, live with parents...again :(, along with my 15 yr old lil sister, 3 cats and a dog, older sister and husband and three yr old daughter live right down the street. I am going to school for graphic design.

Am hoping to go to a Doctor for ADD sometime this holiday break, since I am overwhelmed at school, even though I am making good grades. I am usually there 12 hours a day and very stressed.

And if you read out there, I acutally live on the Illinois side of the river, rather than St. Louis,MO

Tina

Spirit
12-29-03, 06:02 PM
La Donna, 39
Richland MO
Married w/1 bio-daughter and 1 step daughter..3 cats, 1 dog
I have AD/HD, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, IBS & Gerds.
My daughter Boogiebutt is AD/HD, Bipolar, OCD & ODD, multiple allergies with the most severe being Dog & Cat dander, Mold spores & Dust mites.

concerned mom
03-16-04, 01:43 AM
My name is Stephanie I'm almost 26 . I have 3 sons ages 9, almost 8 and 6 weeks old today . My middle child Stephen has adhd,odd,ptsd,dyslexia. I have dyslexia too had a hard time in school with it. I have a mother inlaw with graves and fibrophalga ( can't spell it)

Stephen was finally put on meds for the first time today he is taking strattera. I really hope it helps him out alot. It has been very diffcult to deal with him . I feel like every day is a battle and I feel like it's my fault he is like this even though I know it's not. His behavior hasn't just effected us it has effected everything in his life . He is failing school because he doesn't want to put forth any effort. He doesn't have any friends at school. I can't put him in baseball because he won't listen or put any effort in playing the game. ect ...

I live near Springfield Missouri but from Los Angeles area orginally.

pershingd
05-24-04, 02:11 PM
Greetings From Mid-Missouri!

David
Richland, MO
Diagnosed 32 years ago and still ADD'n.

perlguy
06-19-04, 10:49 AM
Hi, I am Brent and live in St. Charles MO.

I am 36 with 3 kids and was just diagnosed with ADD 6 months ago.

I take Concerta and WOW what a difference! My mind lets me get things done!

See ya!
Brent

lolacutie
07-28-04, 03:33 PM
Rachael
21 years old
single
st. Louis, MO
I have ADHD and Bi-Polar

triple*eee
08-08-04, 10:29 AM
HI! My name is Denise. I'm 40 years old

I have an 8 year old daughter diagnosed with ADD last January. She is currently on sprinkle form of ritalin but will be switching to concerta in mid August.

I know I have ADD too, but havn't had an official diagnosis. GP agrees with me but I havn't not started any meds.

I live in a suburb of the Kansas City Missouri area, Married to a wonderful man. 3 children 17,15,8

Kylersmom
10-18-04, 05:12 PM
My name is Linda, I will be 40 on Friday. My little boy is Kyler who is 6. We live in St Louis MO and Kyler has been diagnosed with severe ADHD/ODD.

Caine7478
12-08-04, 03:49 PM
Hi my name is Caine
I have 2 sons, one 3 years old and the other is 1 year old.
I have been married for 5 years to a wonderfull woman, and I live in Columbia.

I was just officialy diagnosed with ADD about 2 months ago and am now on strattera. My appitite is gone so I force myself to eat most of the time just because I know I have to or I will wither away.

GO TIGERS

chefkbk
12-24-04, 11:33 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum and to the discussion in general. By all accounts I have Adult Add (36/Male/Married/1 daughter), but I'm just beginning my quest for answers.

Captain Da Da
02-23-05, 07:45 PM
Jesse Jones
Warrensburg while in college/Wentzville while at home
I was diagnosed ADD in 95 or 96?
Diagnosed Bi-polar w/ mood disorder last September.

Roni
03-15-05, 05:54 PM
Hello:
I am a Mom with an ADD son who is 28. Hopefully I can lure him in and get him to post. I have LOTS of experience with this subject. We have tried everything from the the Feingold diet to a recent foray into straterra and a long ago trial with Ritalin. He just bought some DMAE; so we shall see how that goes.....we currently live in the Lake of the Ozarks area.
:D

Captain Da Da
03-15-05, 06:07 PM
Hello:
I am a Mom with an ADD son who is 28. Hopefully I can lure him in and get him to post. I have LOTS of experience with this subject. We have tried everything from the the Feingold diet to a recent foray into straterra and a long ago trial with Ritalin. He just bought some DMAE; so we shall see how that goes.....we currently live in the Lake of the Ozarks area.
I'm 28 almost 29.:D

April 16th;)

adhdxyz
03-23-05, 12:59 PM
I live in Missouri. Registered on the site yesterday but forgot to add my info to roll call. (Always a day late and a dollar short.)

I am 43, married for 15 years, have 2 kids. My 12 year old son was diagnosed with adhd/ocd/mood disorders when he was a little over 3. We tried the homeopathic route but had to go on traditional medications. I have had 9 plus years of IEPs, school behavior plans, etc. He is currently taking metadate, respirdal, zoloft, clonidine.

Since the apple does not fall far from the tree, there is no doubt where he gets his extreme behaviors. My side of the family are the adhd/right brainers. We are creative, energetic, witty, hopping and popping, talkative, artists, fun to be around, etc.. My husband's side of the family are the Adders. Quiet, self medicating, work with their hands, etc...

My son got the good and bad traits of both families. My daughter who is 14 shows signs of adhd but I am not yet concerned about her being medicated. She does very well in school and is a social butterfly.

Since my son is on spring break and I take off work while he is off, I decided it's good timing for me to go to the doctor and also be medicated. (My husband is next.) My doctor confirmed that I am a classic adhd poster child. She prescribed Adderal XR 10 mg. She said to try one in the morning. If that doesn't work, try 2..up to 4. I am currently taking 20 mg at 7am and so far, so good. I finished several projects around the house that I have been putting off forever. I haven't had to take my daily Vivarian caffeine pills since Friday.

I will keep you posted.

VisualImagery
07-12-05, 02:15 AM
Hi

I am 51, look younger
diagnosed October 2003
started meds june 2004
take Ritalin, Paxil, and trazadone
have fibromyalgia, ptsd, and orthopedic deformity and injury

began teaching career fall 2004
teach Family and Consumer Science at a Metro East school district
Weave and design textiles
Fiber artist
raised kids and worked other jobs before returning to school
MSEd in Workforce Development
love museums, worked in one too.
want to live to be 100

son 24 possible ADD
daughter 21-pregnant, ADD
daughter 15 - no ADD
All kids brilliant

Will be a greatma (I am too young to be a "grandma") in September

I love life, sometime ADD gets me down, then I get through that and on to the next adventure.

Becky

rick306
07-12-05, 03:57 AM
This site is a breath of fresh air!!

I have grown up with ADD and never knew a thing about it. Like others, everything I have done had been a struggle. Yes even after seeing doctors over the past 35 years ADD was never brought up, well at least not in front of me.

School was unreal and reading back on report cards they all said the same thing,"Rick does not care about school, he never stays on task".

I have only been on medication for a little over a year, as it has given me a way to move foward in life, also with learning how to deal with having ADD.
My kids donít like me on the medication because we donít go to game rooms and fast food places, that were always decided seconds before we would just go, sometimes not even ending at the place I stopped them for in the first place. They say itís a little more boring but I am sure the change is for the better.

Since last year I have enrolled back to collage and have really enjoyed it, my wife has since been working to understand ADD.

Well thatís my story ,as I am still learning how to move forward with my new life. We both are very excited about this site as we look forward in learning more about ADD.

Rick

meadd823
07-13-05, 12:42 AM
Welcome to the forums rick.

My kids didn't like it when I began taking medications either. Before I was on medications for my ADHD I would ground them say for a week on Monday. By Wednesday I would forget when I grounded them so they would ask to go some where and I would let them go forgetting when I grounded them and for how long!!! When I started on medication I when I placed a child on restriction I would write it in ink on my calander. When ever they asked to go some place I would check the calendar to see if their restriction time was over yet!!!! Hey they hated it at first but they did manage to adjust!!!

qinkin
07-17-05, 04:27 PM
hello, My name is Eric. I live in O Fallon. I am 17 years old. I love the game of soccer, and I love video games. Reading, I find to be sooo relaxing. I very much enjoy learning about things that I love.

After mountains of reading and research I have self-diagnosed myself with aspergers. Don't worry I have talked to my psychiatrist about this. I am due to see him again once the school year has been going for awhile.

ANYONE ELSE THAT LIVES IN OFALLON? ANYONE ELSE THAT LIVES IN THE ST. CHARLES COUNTY, DIAGNOSED WITH ASPERGERS PLEASE P.M ME!

sara4
01-30-06, 08:28 PM
Hi, I have a 6 year old son diagnosed with ADD last year in kindergarten. We are now concerned that he may have more than just ADD.

Anyone know of any support groups in MO?

Captain Da Da
02-12-06, 06:16 PM
I have returned to Missouri.:) I stll live in Warrensburg.:rolleyes:

My fiancee and I have broken apart.:(

I now have to deal with having schizoeffective disorder as well.

Other than that...

I'm fine.:rolleyes: ;)

MomTo1
06-20-06, 10:56 AM
Hi
My name is Caprice & I have 1 nine-year old boy that was diagnosed @ the age of 6 with ADHD. I actually started the medication of Concerta @ the age of 7 years old. I was battling back & forth of if there was something that I can do @ home where he wouldn't need the medication. However, I finally woke up & gave my son what he needed. It made a difference now.

Thank You,

Caprice
Working At Home Since 2006

Bluucantu
08-03-06, 02:31 PM
Hello! I'm Rebecca, I live in Fenton. I'm 28 and married with 2 daughters, 5 and 3. I haven't looked into whether they have ADD yet. I'm probably avoiding it.
I have ADD and I was diagnosed with it when I was in Jr. High. I have not used medicine. I don't know why, but I think I'm finally kicking myself in the butt to do it.
I have dealt with severe depression, I have hypothyroidism, and eating disorders in the past. I just recently found out those things could be linked together.
I also stay at home with my kids and I have found this the most difficult for me. Daily tasks are so hard for me, when I know that in a normal life they would not be,
Thanks!

*~ ßEEK ~*
08-05-06, 08:55 AM
Hello my fellow Missouri ADDers! :)

Greetings from Grandview, Missouri! (Suburb of Kansas City)

Diagnosed Dyslexia 1975, and ADHD in 1996!

For more information about me please see my profile!

Also feel free to PM me if you need any assistance! :)

Peace :)

Jesse 7.0
11-06-06, 05:08 PM
I am from Warrensburg, Missouri. I am about an hour east of Kansas City.:)

*~ ßEEK ~*
11-07-06, 06:21 AM
I am from Warrensburg, Missouri. I am about an hour east of Kansas City.:)Welcome to the forums senoi essei from Grandview MO! :)

VisualImagery
11-29-06, 11:13 PM
I am going to add myself to Missouri. I am 80 miles east of St. Louis and go there often. Very few of us here in Southern Illinois! Chicago is 6 hours north.

RADD

Honey_bee83
12-29-06, 05:36 PM
Hi,

I'm Ayana. I am 23 yo and I live in the Kansas City area.

I've been self-diagnosed with ADD for about 5 years and I am at present seeking out professional treatment for the first time. any and all provider recomendations are appreciated. i am having very little success finding a doc with experience treating ADD in adults.

Jesse 7.0
12-30-06, 11:09 AM
I am Jesse. I am from Warrensburg. I am just wanting to have friends. That is all for now.

michellebird
06-14-07, 10:37 AM
Hi, I am Michelle I had my first child in November and have become a stay at home mom at the age of 32. I have started doing research because I think this life style change has exposed a serious ADHD problem. I was very successfull in the office environment but am unable to manage my home duties. It is turning into depression -- I cannot cover up and compensate for these problems in my new daily environment.

I live in Fenton - Grew up in O'Fallon (Eric you are not the only one)

I am currently looking for a doctor to help me with this.

Jesse 7.0
07-15-07, 03:18 AM
My grandma lives in Fenton!!!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. :(

garykelly
06-07-08, 03:58 PM
HI! My name is Gary....what else were we supposed to answer? Oh, yeah, I live in Odessa (outside of KC). And...uhmm...oh, right....I have AD/HD...bad...really bad. Anyway, I love bland food, boring conversations and dull nights at home. I'm a single, wealthy, handsome and charming liar and would love for you to send me many messages. Yes, that's it...flood the inbox if you would please.

Okay, seriously, for a hobby I love to stay at home and try to organize things (as well as organize things at work). So far, I've failed miserably, but I get an A for persistence. I was diagnosed with AD/HD in 2000 and so far, life has been little more than a quest for stimulation to keep me engaged. When people ask me how it's going, I'm compelled to reply, "Well, it's not good, but it's not boring".

That's my story...what's yours?

Dymestl
08-27-08, 12:59 PM
St. Charles, MO.
30 years old in Sept.
Originally (early high school) diagnosed and treated for depression with "possibility of...borderline ADD". No one else took it seriously so I didn't either.
Recently (re)diagnosed with ADD aka ADHD. With little to no hyperactivity, more of Dr. Amen's Limbic type but truly a mixed bag depending on the day. Wish I and/or someone else would have taken it more seriously long ago.

Husband - 31 years old - Bi-Polar and ADHD (truly hyperactive). Never treated before...attempting now.

Cannot seem to find a doc (that takes Cigna Insurance) that is willing to try stimulant meds and the other meds haven't/aren't really working. (If anyone can recommend, please let me know!!)

Song of Mercy
09-22-08, 02:25 PM
Hello,

Song of Mercy from Springfield MO. I have 3 daughters and 1 son, 21, 15, 11, and 9. I am in college full time and homeschooling my 9 year old. I do not have a formal dx yet...still working on that. My interest include music, cross stitching, networking, and positive literature. I believe 2 of my 4 children also have add and am working on getting insurance for them so that I can begin the process of dx.

teemunney
09-23-08, 05:30 PM
Tavares, 21 years old, currently in college at St. Louis (I live close by during the summer, just over in Illinois)

I was diagnosed about 10 months ago, currently on 36mg Concerta, 15mg Ritalin for rebound, and 300mg Wellbutrin XL. I must say I have been a machine this semester! I hope I can keep it up once midterms hit next week...

I thought I had ADD as far as 2 years ago, but never thought to do anything; I just thought I was "dumb" and my apathy came from my poor grades. The cycle just kept continuing and I finally went to see a doctor, and things have been mostly good (minus a few bouts with abuse early on, but I've been OK recently).

eminorsoul
08-25-09, 02:11 AM
female, 23, Dogtown (St. Louis). law student. w00t!

Truth_Seeker1
12-15-09, 11:02 PM
Drew
Saint Louis, MO
I have ADD (the non-hyperactive type) and OCD symptoms (which I believe are related to my ADD). I used to be inattentive because of my ADD, but my attention problems, as well as the depression that I used to have, are now gone because of the supplements that I am taking. My problems with organization and my OCD both remain though. I am hoping to find some people on this board who live near me that I can become friends with because I really want to meet some people who have some of the same issues that I have and could form sort of a support group of friends, not just online but offline (I don't even have Internet access at home--I use the computers at local libraries).
Anyone out there in their 20s or early 30s who have ADD/ADHD and live in/near Saint Louis?

Truth_Seeker1
12-16-09, 02:46 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am a 29 year old male - I'm not some creep in his 40s or 50s wanting to meet 20/30-year olds. I would like to meet people my own age however.

Kryistina
12-29-09, 07:35 AM
Christina, 33, female, divorced.
Springfield, MO

I have two girls- T=15yrs severe ADD (DXed), & E=9yrs today, ADD+Aspie (nonDXed, but working on it)

We have pet rats, because they are easier to handle, clean up after and so forth than a dog, but give all the love and have all the personality a dog can. :D

I am ADD, Anxiety (unDXed but working on it), BiPolar, Personality Disorder(DXed)

Artist, business-owner, micro-farmer, unschooler, eco-nut, Freecycle(tm) group owner, & certified plate-spinner.

Love it here, hope to learn a lot, and maybe make new friends. :D