View Full Version : Roll Call - Nevada Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:47 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Nevada . Please give a brief intro.

Name

spasepeepole
12-24-03, 12:22 AM
Hi, I'm a 24 f in Las Vegas, NV. Specifically the sunrise mountain area. I used to live right near the MGM grand. I'm from PA, but this has been my home for 1.5 years thanks to the Air Force. It's also where I found my husband, who is my rock. We live with our 4 parrots (2 cockatiels, a rose breasted cockatoo, and a congo african grey) 2 girl guinea pigs, and 5 fish. I'd be interested to know if any one else lives around here. Las Vegas is a ADDers dream come true. Perfect place for us (unless you Really love to gamble). :)

adhdchallenged
08-26-04, 11:39 PM
hello angie
new to the forum thing. Been in Vegas 13 years also to where I found my husband. I work two jobs and have one dog. Adhd suffere diagnosed for about five years and highly medicated but enjoying life to the fullest.

rjussa
03-19-05, 06:57 PM
Hi all...

My name is Rob. I have not been officially diagnosed with Adult ADD, but have a strong belief after doing much research that I have ADD as well as having a father who is suffering from very similar symptoms of ADD.

Do you have any suggestions on where I can go in Las Vegas to get some clinical support and be sure that I am not simply misdiagnosing myself? Unfortunately I have no insurance right now and can't shell out hundreds of dollars to get better.

Also are any of you on medications? Are they helping you? I hate the idea of going on a medication to alter my actions, but after living so disorganized and hap hazzardly for 31 years I think its time I face the possible reality that this thing is a little bigger than me, and I need help.

Rob J
In Green Valley, Henderson :rolleyes:

ashley
05-02-05, 12:50 AM
I'm Ashley in Sparks. I was diagnosed in 3rd grade, never treated, rediagnosed at 15, refused treatment, and now here I am.

I started college just as I turned 17. I'll be 21 in a little while, and I'll still be a freshman. That's what's got me here--I have got to do something with my life!!

I got real serious this semester and I'm doing fine--only dropped two classes and I got an 'A' on the first major paper I have EVER finished and turned in. I'm looking forward to finally becoming a successful student. :)

I've been looking into meds this year too, but the more I look the less I like. I know I need professional help, but just as I start getting into the benifits of a medication I find out a side effect is practically losing consciousness at the end of the day, or loss of libido or some crazy thing. I'd rather be crazy than have crazy things happen to me. :)

TabbyKat
03-10-07, 08:02 PM
23, f, living across the street from madalay bay. lol.

ADD for as long as I can remember, but am barely coming to grips with the concept, and learning how to deal in order to become a more productive adult. As of right now, I still act like I am 13.

Happy to be here!

TheADDEdge
12-03-07, 03:32 AM
I am in the Reno area, mid 30's F with ADD. My daughters (17 and 9) both have ADHD, my husband, mother, father and step-mother. Gee, ya think it's genetic? :p

I have been studying ADHD for the last 9 years, since my oldest daughter's diagnosis, and consider myself a lifelong student!
I am looking forward to learning more in this forum.

MinimeNme
02-01-08, 12:24 AM
Hi, my name is Brittany. I live in West Las Vegas, and just moved here from Hawaii. I am 22, and have inattentive ADD, maybe hyperactive too... I am always fidgeting and very high energy. I like it here so far... anyone know of any resources for people with ADHD in Las Vegas? Support groups?

Wish you all the best...
Britt

In_a_Maze
05-18-08, 11:33 PM
Hi, I'm Kate, I live in Reno; not diagnosed but have a lot of the symptoms. Four counselors said I don't have it; my regular doctor says I do, so I took one pill and was superwoman for one day; I'm scared of pills, especially amphetamines. Can't seem to find someone to test me.

RamblinDad
10-13-08, 05:14 AM
Hi, I'm John, I live in Sparks. I have a 9 soon to be 10 yo son with ADHD. I also have symptoms and may have had it as a kid, but my symptoms are controllable enough for me and they only really start to nail me when I am tired or under stress.

heatherh
10-15-08, 06:15 PM
Could someone help direct me to where i could go to replace my meds? we moved here recently and i can't get into see my dr for a few more weeks and i am out... having a really really difficult time with this and feeling desperate. thank you...

Elandruss
09-22-09, 10:26 AM
Howdy, all. Name is Elan, I'm 19 and a student at Nevada State College, studying for Secondary Education, with an emphasis in English.

Diagnosed six years ago, medicated with Concerta for two, but then stopped because I felt like I had control of my life. Well, I was wrong, but now I'm in college and I've been on Adderall for the past five weeks, varying dosages, trying to figure out which works best, and I feel like now I have all the tools I need to do amazing things!

nameless
12-15-09, 12:47 AM
hi my name C...I have ADHD Math disorder and some other things i dont care to name i am as well looking for resourses,,,20 years after high school and not graduwaiting im goin to collage ive alredy have been scheduiled to take my what they call an a b t test and am registtering but not without of paying thousands of dollars to get tested for acomedashions.and got then and wouldnt ya no i read better than the what thay called coolage student to read to me any way this is my first day on here and just need to let lose a liitle to people who might understand ......thank

nameless
12-15-09, 12:49 AM
:confused:hi my name C...I have ADHD Math disorder and some other things i dont care to name i am as well looking for resourses,,,20 years after high school and not graduwaiting im goin to collage ive alredy have been scheduiled to take my what they call an a b t test and am registtering but not without of paying thousands of dollars to get tested for acomedashions.and got then and wouldnt ya no i read better than the what thay called coolage student to read to me any way this is my first day on here and just need to let lose a liitle to people who might understand ......thank

moneyline702
03-28-10, 01:38 AM
Jeff
Las Vegas
I have ADHD

I have a newbie intro but here's a synopsis.

Just diagnosed 25 MAR 2010. Taking Vyvanse 30mg. 34 years old. I missed out on 25 years of time because I wasn't diagnosed. I had symptoms since around age 10 (possibly before). Taking pre-nursing courses and hopefully going to be an RN one day.

moneyline702
03-28-10, 01:46 AM
is anyone still in this room?

VegasPat
07-04-12, 02:41 PM
Hey Guys! I'm Patrick. I live in Las Vegas. I'm a young professional with ADHD and recently started meds again after stopping when I was a teenager. I was diagnosed as a child and recently come to the realization that it's still very much a problem and the reason behind my life struggles as an adult.

I'm so glad to find these forums, it has been SO HELPFUL!!

I've starting an Adult Support Group in Las Vegas. Anyone interested, please join!

http://www.meetup.com/Las-Vegas-Adults-with-ADD-ADHD/

wyovegas
07-24-12, 11:07 AM
Iwas diagnosed at 5 with ADHD. Parents refused to treat me. I was diagnosed ADD at 41 years old (3months ago). I am on vyvanse.

After researching, I started working the 12 steps...I need to fight this disease and am looku for others who want to do the same.

to see the 12 steps, go to facebook and type in adults with attention defecit disorder. I am holding forum meetings if anyone wants to check them :)out.

karenanen
08-09-12, 04:22 PM
I live in Reno

wizardlockman
06-08-13, 03:45 PM
hello my name is dan i recently move here to crescent valley and it sucks they keep changeing the doctors here and now becouse of my adhd (diagnosed at age 10 and 33) i now have a police search order in place becouse of my meds i take and so far now i want to move away somewhere where there is a realy big rock i can hide under got any feedback on this please let me know where i can find this rock to hide under