View Full Version : Roll Call - West Virginia Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:50 PM
This is a roll call for members living in West Virginia . Please give a brief intro.

Name

incrediblyjoe
12-26-03, 03:16 PM
Joe Buckland
Morgantown, WV.

ADHD Afflicted/Attend West Virginia University.

joebuckland at verizon.net

Centrinochic
10-14-04, 04:49 PM
Whitney Neal
Martinsburg, WV. Eastern Panhandle
30 yr old White female with ADD
4 year old son has ADHD
he is currently on 18mg of Concerta 1 p.o. q AM.

phischeyeat
12-15-04, 12:10 AM
I am proud to be a resident of By Gawd West Virginia, Charles Town, Jefferson County (Where they hung John Brown). And hello to my fellow Pandhandle Resident Centrinochic.

Adamant1988
12-07-05, 07:36 AM
Adam
Elkins (randolph county)
I *have* ADHD

tweakism
03-30-06, 12:14 PM
I'm 21 w/ ADD in Beckley, WV.

Shout out to my man at WVU.

Anyone know a good ADD doc in/around Beckley?

-Paul

sabrat
10-17-06, 02:40 PM
Cindy here in Ravenswood WV. Have son with ADHD and just diagnosed as ADD myself! Welcome to all!!

KooKoo4cocopufs
12-28-06, 10:34 AM
Cathy, 34 years old
Just outside Charleston
Diagnosed ADHD/inattentive in November
Suspect both daughters (10 & 12) w/inattentive ADHD

wbhamm
04-07-11, 02:20 AM
Hello, I am from Point Pleasant, WV and I have two children that are diagnosed ADHD. I was never diagnosed but feel that after much research on the subject that I probably am ADHD myself.

Trooper Keith
04-07-11, 02:29 AM
I'm originally from Wheeling, WV, for what it matters.

tired1823
04-13-11, 09:01 PM
What's up friendliest people in America?

I'm from Charleston

to answer some questions,
Some good psychiatrists for ADD around here are Dr. Rozelle J. Walker and Dr. Vena Bhanot. A good one for behavioral medicine is Dr. Susan Walker (although she is booked until June)

They can be found at CAMC
http://camc.org/body.cfm?id=18&action=detail&ref=33

Rebelyell
04-13-11, 09:04 PM
Wants to move to Wv so I can tear it up on the hatfield mcoy trails w my quad.

Offle
04-13-11, 09:24 PM
Alliee, you were right. We are from the same area, well close enough any way.

Since I go to WVU I live in Morgantown, but my real home is in Vienna WV. It's a suburb of Parkersburg.

tired1823
04-13-11, 09:33 PM
ooh cool!! :) I knew you went to wvu but that's great that you're from here. I love morgantown, have so many memories from visiting friends there in college.

Offle
04-13-11, 09:40 PM
I love everything but the hills. Those things have been murder on my legs. I think Motown is the place where it is possible to go uphill both to and from class.

tired1823
04-13-11, 09:46 PM
That is true. The hills are crazy. Sooo pretty though. I remember the fb group all my friends were in "I got 99 problems and 87 of them are the steps in front of the life sciences building." High Street is also pretty notorious.
Sure you noticed that I just bombarded the forum with wv threads. haha, just trying to update the info for this place!

Rebelyell
04-13-11, 09:53 PM
TIme to put down the candy,pull up the boot straps and get to stepping missy:D

tired1823
04-13-11, 10:01 PM
Gotta do what ya gotta do. probably good for us anyway!! You could definitely tear it up on our trails Rebelyell!

Offle
04-13-11, 10:04 PM
That is true. The hills are crazy. Sooo pretty though. I remember the fb group all my friends were in "I got 99 problems and 87 of them are the steps in front of the life sciences building."

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I think I'm making that my new motto.

TIme to put down the candy,pull up the boot straps and get to stepping missy:D

I do every day. There's a reason I've lost twenty pounds since I came to this school and god knows it's not my eating habits. It's all the walking and the hills. I never thought my sweetest dreams would be about cars but now they are. Cars and not having to pay for laundry.

I will say that the sledding is amazing around here though.

Rebelyell
04-13-11, 10:05 PM
I stayed in wv w bro on way home from my aunt an cousins coming home from South carolina for thanksgiving this past year.It was a holiday inn off of I81.it looks like its gotten built up everytime I pass thru the areas down there.I was only joking offle Im the biggest candy and cookie head there is,and of course im out of shape and it sucks when I do something and Im huffing an puffing for nothing and then I ahve to get my balls busted by my co workers for being soft.Called out on being SOFT!

tired1823
04-13-11, 10:15 PM
That's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I think I'm making that my new motto.

hahaha great! I tried to look up the exact amount of steps but I couldn't find it. might be 90 something actually. But I'm sure you could just count them next time you have to walk up them! :) That's really crazy about the 20 lbs, though. haha, I'm sure it's not the eating habits. D.P. Dough and Mountain Layer along with a gallon of beer are not condusive to this, as proven by the guys I went to high school with.

Offle
04-13-11, 10:24 PM
hahaha great! I tried to look up the exact amount of steps but I couldn't.. it might be 87 actually! But I'm sure you could just count them tomorrow or something. That's really good about the 20 lbs. haha, I'm sure it's not the eating habits. D.P. Dough and Mountain Layer along with a gallon of beer are not condusive to this, as proven by the guys I went to high school with! :)

You should see Sandwich U. That place specializes in food that will kill you. All their sandwiches come with things like chicken tenders, poppers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and onion rings on the actual sub. I thought about getting one just to say I had one, but I felt like I was robbing a stoner of their dinner.

And according to the little map booklet I got there are 87 stairs. I've actually taken the bus before just to avoid those stairs in the winter. Those things are deadly when they're icy.

Offle
04-13-11, 10:32 PM
I stayed in wv w bro on way home from my aunt an cousins coming home from South carolina for thanksgiving this past year.It was a holiday inn off of I81.it looks like its gotten built up everytime I pass thru the areas down there.I was only joking offle Im the biggest candy and cookie head there is,and of course im out of shape and it sucks when I do something and Im huffing an puffing for nothing and then I ahve to get my balls busted by my co workers for being soft.Called out on being SOFT!

Hey, I'm from South Carolina! I was born in Myrtle Beach to be exact, but I lived a couple of years in Charleston SC too. Myrtle beach has the greatest mini-golf in America. I moved to WV when I was 8.

I knew you were joking. :D I meant to put a smiley face in there but I forgot to.

Rebelyell
04-13-11, 11:02 PM
Parents use to rent a condo down there in myrtle beach for 2 weeks then it was off to my godmoms house in columbia.I like charleston but its mega bucks to live there$$$ Alot of it is old money and the way the guide put it,keep the riff rafff out.If I lose my job I might move to SC WV or if I have my way Costa rica or philipines

tired1823
04-13-11, 11:04 PM
yikes, haha I can see why you felt that way about Sandwhich U. I'd never heard of it but looked up the menu. That's the type of drunk food that only sober people could manage to put together. The fat mojo sounds like the worst! I'd also be interested to know who would go there and get the double veggie burger. I'll admit I am kind of hungry now, though. haha, i'll take the chicken finger sandwhich, thanks!

elle lunette
05-22-14, 02:08 PM
I'm new here, live in Huntington. Finding treatment has proved to be incredibly difficult- so much addiction in the area makes providers afraid to prescribe stimulants. I've been stable on the same meds for many years, moved here from Seattle for a job. Every single month it's like pulling teeth to get my prescription. Last month my doctor fired me because I was causing such a stink with the front office. Argh! I never knew places like this existed.

Roxx1980
12-03-15, 09:50 PM
Hello, all! I live in Wood County and am new to the area. It is very scenic, and would love to find some good hiking trails! :)
Roxx
35y/o
Diagnosed with ADHD at age 7 with Seizure Disorder by Neuro