View Full Version : Teen Roll Call!

Pages : [1] 2

Paws13
01-07-07, 09:38 PM
Let's see exactly how many active teens are in these forums :D Post your first name, age (if allowed?), state, and relation to ADD.

My name is Sarah (although in all honesty, I prefer Paws my nickname). I'm 15 in 10th grade, and live in RI. I was diagnosed with inatentive ADD in 2005, and it really affects me in school and home more than anything else.

boone1
01-08-07, 03:48 PM
Im Boone :D

I'm 16 and in my last year of school, starting college this year. Im from England about 20 mins from London.

I am full blown ADHD. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Same with Paws, it affects me mostly at school.

~STEVE~
01-08-07, 07:47 PM
Im Steve!!!
I live in Ohio Im 17 and a senior in high school.
I have ADHD and I take Ritalin. My ADHD affects me alot in school and I get myself into quite a bit of trouble but hey at least I have fun :D

loserinamailbox
01-09-07, 05:34 PM
Hello! Anna, 16, NY, I've got a lovely case of ADD. I'm on adderall at the moment. I actually love my ADD sometimes, even if it can be a pain just as often.

TrinaQT064
02-07-07, 11:03 PM
Hi all! Im Katrina Im 16 and live in ohio. Im currently getting evauluated for inattentive ADD and the symptoms effect me at home school and when im just haning out. At school im pretty much known as the class "ditz" haha

ADDA
02-08-07, 02:26 AM
I'm Jeremy, I am 17, I'm a senior in HS soon to be a super senior :D and I live in Washington State.

I may be diagnosed with ADHD (Inattention type) by hopefully the end of this month. I also may be diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder. These two disorders have affected my life greatly. I don't really want to go into detail though.

routhy
02-08-07, 08:45 PM
I'm Tom, (Routhy is my nickname) I'm 16 and am currently in college, though I'm on the verge of crashing and burning having consecutively taken and dropped 6 subjects and on the verge of being thrown out. I have ADD and OCD and take medications for neither, oh and I live in eastern England :P

tkdchic78
02-09-07, 02:20 AM
I'm Laura, 19. Going to college for Mechanical Engineering. Just got diagnosed with ADD and when I was a literally started crying because it made the most sense in my life.

Claudia_0102
02-09-07, 10:44 AM
Claudia
manitoba,canada
Have inatentive ADD myself.

v639dragoon
02-09-07, 06:29 PM
Hey hey im matt and im a 17 yr old guy and live in the best state ever, cali. Ya i was diagnosed with adhd in 2006 after my parents finally brought me in to get tested.

jittery guy
04-07-07, 05:32 PM
zachattack here i am an adhd vet. i was diagnosed in kindergarten and medicated ever since then. i am so glad that there is a place to talk too others on the web. i have looked and just recently found that there are supports for adhd vics. anytime any of you want to chat feel free.

Didi
04-12-07, 04:57 PM
I am Claire, I am a 16 year old girl with ADD and NVLD. I was diagnosed at about age 11, when my parents were ready to kill me. Its nice to know there are so many people like me out there, which begs the question, WHERE HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE?!

brittalitt
04-16-07, 09:42 PM
Hi, I'm Britany, 16, Illinois, & I have ADHD as of last November [Late Diagnosis]

rebelgymnast28
05-13-07, 05:53 PM
My name is Melissa... but most people call me mel... i am 18 and live in chicago... i was diagnosed with ADHD when i was 7... and have been on either ritalin or concerta since then

livinginchaos
05-15-07, 08:15 PM
welcome, mel!

disorderlover
05-31-07, 11:09 AM
Hello my name is Adellihide ( But everyone calls me Heidi) I am 16 and was diagnosed when I was 11. I am from rual Manitoba Canada. :cool:

Vhan
06-06-07, 02:26 PM
I'm Vhan, im 17.
I'll be a seniour this year, and I'll be going to fullsail university after I grad.

chsguy88
07-06-07, 08:11 PM
Whats up? I'm rob, im 19 and just finished my freshman year of college at the University of South Carolina, GOOOOOOOOOO COCKS! lol, actually i'm not that much of a fanatic about it. I got diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago, after going to the psych for depression.. now than i'm on adderall, its amazing how much things have changed. My GPA would me so much higher if i had been diagnosed and treated before. Now that i'm being treated my GPA should shoot up in no time whoop whoop aim- polokidrob www.myspace.com/irocksevens

mjpm
07-06-07, 09:35 PM
Hello, I'm Megan, 15 about to go into grade 10... I'm not 100% if i have ADD yet but as soon as we get settled in from the move my moms making an appointment with our new doctor for me about TS and i'm gonna ask him about ADD too

i haven't told my parents because i'm afraid... the last year i've been pretty much addicted to reading up on medical type things and talking about them and my mom thinks i'm saying i have them so she wouldn't believe me if i told her especially because my dads friends son has ADHD and i'm not always wound up that much (i think i'm more inattentive than hyperactive...)

for as long as i can remember I've always been bad with paying attention, remembering to do things and actually soing them, sitting still and organization.
i remember in grade two my teacher met with my parents and i don't remember much but her saying i'm always deep in space or something liek that but ADD wasnít or still isnít very known by a lot of people so I just got yelled at vy my teachers and my parents for not finishing work and not paying attention ect and i don't really know who to talk to at school so until now Iíve just had to hang on with school and everythingÖ:faint::(

sorry for the longe post, i tend to ramble without realizing it :o

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS
07-31-07, 03:35 AM
My name is Ben [edit] (sick of getting greif about it) i dont mind what you call me. Im 12(nearly 13) and i have adhd. mostly fine motor but i was diagnosed in 2002.
PS. this is what part of the alphbet would look like if Q and R were eliminated

WindySprite
07-31-07, 04:00 AM
Hey there! I'm Heather, a Canadian, British Columbian that just turned 17 and has gotten a rather nasty case of the sluggish, innitentive ADD-type. I was diagnosed in Grade 8, but after mentally bashing myself for the 500th time for dreaming off/procrastinating ("Because I was on meds that fixed it, so any ADD-ness was all my fault!"-My mentality there.) I did some research in Grade 11, found there was alot more to ADD then the "dreaming off part", and became convinced I was taking the wrong stuff.
I have to wait a month before I can try Adderall though, since Docs waiting list is nasty. :faint:

I also have come to admit that I can be really hard on myself/kinda anxious/ depressed sometimes. But I've just got to work at that, eh?

(Whoops~ did the same ranting-thing as Megan!)

Marty
08-23-07, 12:54 PM
hi, I'm Stephan, 15 (one more month :-)) and have ADHD

Paige1989
08-23-07, 01:11 PM
Didn't notice this thread before. Anyway. I'm Paige, 17, though I'll be 18 in a little over two months (!); I'll also be a Senior this your at my high school and am taking three advanced classes, then the others are semi-easier, but I'm definitely not coasting by like so many seniors do...I could technically get away with two courses...yet I'm taking a full load (seven) instead. :S I was diagnosed incorrectly as Unipolar Depresion when I was fifteen...that dx lasted about a month before they realised that, because Zoloft made me manic, I was Bipolar II Rapid Cycler. I also have anxiety problems. I think I'm ADD, but have not yet been diagnosed. My psychiatrist says that she needs to treat the bipolar first as it is more severe and the anxiety (which would be treated before ADD because it interferes more with my schoolwork and life in general) and ADDness might just be part of the bp...Anyway, if I go much further, I think I'd start rambling about my whole life's story...and trust me, it's complicated. >.> My friends still don't completely get it. :eyebrow:

~~Paige

caculatorgirl
10-07-07, 08:50 PM
Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am 18 years old and a freshman at a local 2 year college just to get general studies classes. I live in Virginia, US. I know I have add(maybe a little of adhd) but my mom won't admit it. I am not currently taken any meds even though i want to so bad.

cloverkiss
10-10-07, 12:19 AM
Nickname: Clover... 19 years old, from California (Bay Area)
I go to college (2nd year) and I'm currently using Adderall... But I'm not happy with it.
ummmm, ya... I think thats all :D

MattM
10-11-07, 10:55 PM
Hi, I'm Matt. I live in New Hampshire, and I am a senior in HS. I have been diganosed with Auditory Processing Disorder, and my shrink says I "probably" have ADHD-Inattentive. I take Adderall. It helps some. My ADHD gives me my creativity, but at the same time, it doesnt allow me to express it. Its a love-hate thing. Mostly a hate thing with the other LD though. O well, we are all in the same boat

roneydapony
10-29-07, 11:10 PM
Molly, 19, NYC! A.D.D. but I have poor impulse control, fidget like all the time and can't shut up! I'm on adderall xr and minus the shaking I really like it! I'm with Matt on the love hate business.. I know I'm smart but I can't sit still long enough to prove it to the rest of the world! Lets hope the stuff in my official eval will be of some help!

livinginchaos
10-30-07, 10:07 AM
welcome all!! great to have you here!

Abrixteth
10-30-07, 06:13 PM
Call me Ab.
I'm seventeen, undiagnosed, and struggling quite a lot through what I have been told is my senior year (not familiar with American schooling system). That is, Y13/second year of sixth-form.

I've extremely strong suspicions that I've add innatentive. It drives me crazy.

And thanks livinginchaos :)

Phishoutawatur
11-27-07, 02:07 AM
Im Colette. I was diagnosed with innatentive ADD in August, but I have known Ive had it my whole life. I take 50mg of Vyvanse, but i dont really like it because it makes me really anxious, but i does help me focus much better in school and helps me to remember things better . . .my rooms still a mess thoughh haha

sorry i was ramblingg =] thats it though haha

howard
12-06-07, 04:40 PM
I'm Howard im 15 i live in england,manchester (north west of england), i was diagnosed with ADHD in 2002 roughly.

Expressions
12-20-07, 12:54 AM
My name is Kristen, I'm fourteen years old, and unlike the vast majority of the people that have posted in here, I was diagnosed when I was two or three years old. I'm currently taking Concerta, and some other sorts of medication that help me with my OCD and ADHD (I have combined type), and my social anxiety.

I stay calm for the most part now, but once I get home I am usually acting like a maniac. lol. My ADHD usually effect me most at Home, because of my problems with attention and doing things. Although school is a close second.

- Kristen

Chris2112
01-02-08, 04:35 PM
My name is Chris, I am 17, and I was diagnosed when I was 5. I take ritalin and I find it hard to care about anything thats not stimulating to me at the moment. Many times I choose not to take my meds because I enjoy my high standards of stimulation, it really seems to make life potent and creative. My life is pretty much music, I love progressive rock and metal.

livinginchaos
01-05-08, 02:13 AM
welcome!

It's always super to meet new people :)

E=mc2
01-06-08, 06:00 AM
My name is Ben. I represent a third of 18 year old triplet boys. I live in Los Angeles where I'm a junior in Rabbinical college. I was just diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago after years of being rebuked to 'sit still' any 'try harder'. I was observed in grade 5, but the woman who was observing me decided for some reason that I didn't have any medical issue, and that I will grow out of whatever behavioral problems that I was displaying at that time. Obviously; I never did. Sadly, it took another 6 years untill I was diagnosed with ADHD (neither of my triplet siblings have any concentration problems whatsoever)-finally put on Adderall; which worked very well for about a year and a half; when its sideeffects and rebound proved to much to bear. Now I'm trying daytrana. I am very exited to have found this forum, as I don't have very many aquaintances with whom I can discuss my ADHD problems.

blahblahblah
01-13-08, 04:32 AM
Hi my name is Grace, Im 14 and a freshman in high school and I live outside of chicago. I was diagnosed with inatentive ADD about two mounths ago and so far it really sucks. there are parts I like about but mostly it anoys me. It effecs all of my life because its a part of me though.:rolleyes:

livinginchaos
01-15-08, 12:55 AM
welcome Grace and Ben!!

Wired
01-22-08, 04:25 PM
Hey all, the name's Wired, I'm 18 years old, going to college and on Academic Probation at the moment. Was diagnosed with ADHD combined type when I was 14 and have been on and off meds and in and out of CBT ever since. Nice to meet everyone.

swimmerboy
01-27-08, 01:35 AM
Hi everyone!!! I'm caleb,13, from WA state and i just got diagnosed w/ AD/HD:confused: last wednesday. really confused and need more info. on this stuff. also, wanted to know if there are any IM places for ad/hd. thanks!!!
-caleb:)

Pink-a-holic
01-29-08, 09:51 PM
my name is tori i'm 13 live in C.T. and i was diagnosed with A.D.D and A.D.H.D yesturday. I'm really confused about EVERYTHING! i barely know what it is....HELP!

livinginchaos
01-30-08, 10:42 PM
welcome, Pink, Swimmer and Wired!!

It's nice to meet all of you!

Tgreen
02-04-08, 11:24 AM
I am 17 male from NY I took adderall at 16 but recently lost all my health coverage. I miss it. I am homeschooled and I havnt really done any work in over 6 months because im always running around and driving. I cant stay foucused this is BS. I get moody just for typing . I yell at everyone like all the time. Sucks not having it.

nat_tdr
02-28-08, 03:22 PM
I'm Natalie, I'm 16 and a 2nd semester high school Junior from Pennsylvania. I was diagnosed with ADHD-inattentive when I was in third grade, but not informed of my diagnosis until fourth grade. I've been on pretty much every medication out there, but right now have settled on 72mg of Concerta every morning. That will probably change next week, though.

shoppingbabe16
03-09-08, 08:22 PM
Hi My name is Jamie. I am sixteen years old and was diagosed with add in 3rd grade. I am in 10th grade currently.

livinginchaos
03-09-08, 09:35 PM
welcome!!! it's great to have you all here!

britbrat
03-22-08, 10:16 PM
the names Brittany..i'm 17 and in grade 11...Ontario,Canada ehh...my mom took me to the doctor in grade 9 thinking i had ADD but he said i just had issues...a year later at my psychiatrist for depression i was diagnosed with ADHD which was surprising cause i wasnt the typical ADHDer but with all the things she was telling me about i could see where it came in..ADHD has deffinatly effected me in school...i was about a 65% average student since grade 5 and last semester i became an 80% average student..takingg adderall<3

kwalk
03-24-08, 07:25 PM
WOWW CONGRATULATIONS!!!! really proud of you. You give me the inspiration to be hopeful in my medication!

OneBook
03-28-08, 01:04 PM
I am Joaquin 16 From Usa.. I recently was dia that word with ADD
I am quite shock 0.0 To be Honest I feel normal.
I got some pills call ritalin or that
and yeah

Dirka
03-31-08, 07:30 PM
Hi my names Derek, Im 15, new to the forums, Ive been taking adderal XR 30 mgs for about a year now :)

burtnick
05-06-08, 11:39 PM
Name's Brooke and I have quite a few contradicting diagnostics over my mental health. Yessirree, it's ADD to Psychosis going on for me. Chock full of fun and medication.

livinginchaos
05-08-08, 09:20 PM
welcome!!

zero zombie
05-10-08, 07:02 PM
my namz Cody and im 13 in CA i just got diagnosed with ADHD and am on Adderall it afects me about all the time especilly at school.:(:(

Andrew
05-10-08, 07:25 PM
Hi Cody...welcome to the forums!

zero zombie
05-10-08, 08:38 PM
Thanks!

hollandse
05-14-08, 03:22 PM
My name is Bennie and I'm 19 years old. I live in New Mexico, I have been diagnosed with ADHD for most of my life (since 5 years old) and I am on Adderall 15 mg currently but have also been on Dexedrine 20 mg and Focalin XR 10mg. My ADHD affects me most of the time at school, work and home. It has caused me some big time problems at home but that is life I guess..lol..Gotta roll with the tide.:)

LuckySe7en
06-18-08, 02:43 AM
I'm 17, VA, and just finished up my junior year. I've been diagnosed with ADHD as of a few weeks ago. It's actually made me pretty happy to feel like I've got an excuse or just a little more clarity for some of the past. Hi to you all!

Raine_
06-18-08, 09:15 PM
Hey.

I'm Raine. I'm 16 and will be starting college this fall. I was diagnosed with ADHD 3 months ago and am on 30 mg of Adderall. I am also on Prozac for depression. The Adderall has helped me to focus at school & work, but I find that I'm sometimes hyperfocused and get really snarly with fam and friends as a result. Also, I've lost too much weight and struggle to eat every day.

vampyreprincess
07-04-08, 08:22 AM
Hey guys!! I'm Amber, I'll be 17 on Sunday and I live in Stirling, Scotland. I will welcome all who would like to talk to me. :D

chattycathy
07-08-08, 09:09 AM
hi,
i'm cathy and my adhd hasnt been diagnosed yet. my psycologist thinks i have a learning disorder, but i dont thinks so because it doesnt explain so many other problems i have. adhd can explain what the learning disorder cant, and everything the learning disorder can explain, can also be explained with adhd.
i really think i have adhd because i have had so much trouble making friends and i'm hyper so often and then people are like: can't you be normal?? and that hurts so much because i really try but cant.
ohh well, i am so happy that people here understand that :)
cu
cathy

livinginchaos
07-09-08, 02:18 PM
welcome! it's great to have you all here!

we definitely understand what it's like, Cathy, and can empathize with you

breeuh
07-20-08, 09:25 PM
Hey :)
I'm breagh, hence the Breeuh. That's how my name is pronounced. :D
I'm 16, i'm going into grade 11 living in Eastern Canada.
I'm basically diagnosed with innattentive ADD. It really effects my school work and such.

Booo
07-26-08, 12:44 PM
Hii, im bo, 18 years old, live in holland, being diagnosed at the moment, but im already sure i have ADD
next year i am re-doing 4 havo for the 4th time
which is below my intelligence level
I've had CFS and had a depression(cured from both yay!) and a schoolphobia which is recent, so not the reason of my schoolproblems
and all those years everyone said i was just lazy.

livinginchaos
07-27-08, 02:31 AM
welcome!!

djdragon7k
08-18-08, 02:00 PM
Aralia. 19. living in Detroit Michigan.

Juliak
08-20-08, 02:30 PM
im julia, 14 and i live in MA

Kastor
08-20-08, 03:30 PM
I'm 18, just barely out of my teens :D

Marty
08-28-08, 11:03 AM
Hi Aralia, Julia and Kastor.

Looking foreward to seeing more of you.

neuron
09-02-08, 05:56 AM
Hi! I'm neuron, aged 17, and I'm new here.

I think I have undiagnosed add-inattentive and sluggish cognitive tempo. Desperately, urgently trying to find ways to cope, especiallyconcerning academic work.

Nice to meet you 'all here! :):D

stormpje
09-13-08, 12:45 PM
hii!

i'm Evelien, I'm living in the Netherlands and i'm 17 years old. I'm diagnosed with ADD for a year and a half and I take ritalin.:)

livinginchaos
09-14-08, 02:30 AM
welcome, neuron and Evelien!

dagoflip
09-16-08, 12:02 AM
heyy
Matt
Florida

Been diagnosed since I was in the 2nd grade.
Been on meds on and off
Just got back on meds (Vyvanse)

Marty
09-18-08, 05:31 PM
Welkom Kaaskop (Stormpje)

and welcome to you too dagoflip.

CalV
09-25-08, 07:57 PM
Him Im Carlos and im 16 yrs live in San Francisco California and have ADD.

Drew18
10-07-08, 09:12 PM
Hey, my name is Drew
I'm 18 and in my first year of University at Queen's (The one in Canada)
I like The Shins, RHCP, Pixies, and The Hush Sound
and I have Inattentive ADHD

livinginchaos
10-09-08, 01:52 AM
welcome, Carlos and Drew!

SUBWAY
10-09-08, 05:34 PM
hello :) i just joined and iīm 15 years old and i live in northeastern europe!!

i really like your avatar carlos!!

Marty
10-13-08, 06:13 AM
Welcome from the west (of Europe)

livinginchaos
10-21-08, 02:57 AM
welcome, SUBWAY!!

double07
10-21-08, 06:19 AM
im laura im 18 live in illinois i have combined type adhd, and a few mental illnesses primarily involving depression and anxiety adhd caused me to fail out of high school so i had to go to a school with the state minimum graduation requirements no homework and only 4 days a week for 3 hours-you technically were supposed to have a job to go there but i didnt, to get a diploma and at home my family is in complete disrepair because of it all and i had absolutely no social life or friends because of adhd and as a result of that im very unsure of how to act in social situations because it feels like no matter what i do its the wrong thing oh ya and im disabled however i do have one kickass plus and thats my boyfriend who loves me and i am so lucky to have him i dont know how it happened due to the whole zero social life thing but he has adhd as well and he understands oh and i take adderall xr 50mg and wellbutrin xl 150mg

ADHDKylee
11-16-08, 10:14 PM
My name is Kylee but normally I go by Lee.. I am 15 years old and live in Canada, and I was diagnosed a few months ago with combined type ADHD. I have always been WAYYY hyper, innattentive, and impulisve, and for me this was just a reason to tell me that I'm not completely insane.. lol

I also have borderline OCD and ODD, making my ADHD a bit more complicated at times. but yeah I am a teenager with ADHD here...

Johnny123
11-17-08, 04:14 AM
I'm 15 and i haven't been diagnosed with anything. My parents i believe denied i had it when my school suggested i be tested when i was younger. I always always procrastinate and always find an excuse for not handing in homework/assignments (I've still got english assignments from first term which i havent started).

I'm also a caffeine junkie taking over 500mg of caffeine in a single dose quite regularly. My doctor measured my pulse on a day that i had taken that amount and it was just abit below what normal people get.

i am not sure if i posted in this topic before, i may have hahaha oh i also love motorbikes, they're awesome. i have two :) and i also like computers.

ripoff
11-19-08, 08:07 PM
I'm 19 and I'm in my second year of college had ADHD (diagnosed when I was 3). Was taking dexedrine most of my life up and till last year. Found this forum recently after googling for some questions.

-I talk too much (but it's getting better)
-I am getting therapy using (neurofeedback)
-I'm Pre-Med.
-I've had social problems all my life up until the most recent year and a half where I've made that respect me and treat me right and their socially adequate so I've learned alot of proper behavior and ideals for dealing with certain situations from them
-I go to school monday through friday and I have fun being pre-med, I'm into science and medical research, and I know way too much about computers
-Do have problems focusing but it will get better (probably by the end of the summer)

-Looking for constant improvement

Ebzy
12-11-08, 07:26 AM
Hey, I'm Ebony, Eb, Ebz, whatever ya like. :D
I haven't been diagnosed, but I'm going to get tested next week. I've never found something that sounds so much like me, I've always felt different to everyone. Since I've hit highschool it's shown in my grades, I simply cannot concertrate, my minds a mess and I feel crazy, tired and depressed all the time. Anyway, nice to meet ya'll, it'd be nice if someone wanted to talk over msn or something? Just to share feelings or something? I jsut need someone to talk to. Ebzy_@hotmail.com

Marty
12-11-08, 05:56 PM
Well welcome Ebzy, feel free to add me if on MSN if you want to (it's in my profile) Good luck.

Ebzy
12-11-08, 08:35 PM
Thanks, I'll add you right away. =]

Ebzy
12-11-08, 08:37 PM
Ok, well, I can't find it.. maybe just add me? haha.

Marty
12-16-08, 02:39 PM
Done.

EDIT: you're right, it's not in there, I would have sworn it was in there.

ScreamCrySmile
12-26-08, 08:58 PM
My name is Alex! My last name turns out prince and princess as nicknames and some people call me G love after the band G Love and Special Sauce. Alex is fine, SCS would be alright, honestly who cares :D

I'm in the midwestern US IOWA planet earth.
:/ pretty dull. I'm FROM minneapolis Mn. i miss it.

um. I was diagnosed for AD/HD age 6 or 7, i was constantly medicated with aderal or straterra until i finally convinced my parents i would do better without them (and i do). I'm also obsessive compulsive and Bipolar or some other mood disorder are realistic possibilities.

-I have trouble focusing on homework. I get worked up over little things and let them take me away from the assignment
-I'm a compulsive skin picker and i shower up to five times in one day.
-I have some serious issues socializing
-I go on walks alone from the hours of 12am-2am when i need to think. and its cold out >_>

I'm losing interest in this now. Bye :]

darkland8
01-09-09, 12:48 AM
Hey people I'm Vinay. I'm 16 and from Cali I'm in 10th grade right now. i was diagnosed with ADHD 9 years ago in first grade.

I'm a wana be novelist/poet I write mainly Fiction/ Sci-fi/Action/Adventure stories.

I'm a huge manga/anime addict and have been all my life.

And last but not least I'm know for having the most strangest, stupidest, and funniest things happen to me (most are usually just epic failures) like killing cash registers with my gift cards and such (which happened to me a week ago)

OH yes and i'm also crazy hyper and also just plain crazy ^^

HyperChick17
01-19-09, 11:43 AM
Hey, I'm Donyelle.
I'm 18 and I live in Connecticut.
I graduated High School in 2008.
I was completely diagnosed with ADHD when I was about 8 years old.
I'm on concerta and it helps alot.

HyperChick17
01-19-09, 11:45 AM
Hey.

I'm Raine. I'm 16 and will be starting college this fall. I was diagnosed with ADHD 3 months ago and am on 30 mg of Adderall. I am also on Prozac for depression. The Adderall has helped me to focus at school & work, but I find that I'm sometimes hyperfocused and get really snarly with fam and friends as a result. Also, I've lost too much weight and struggle to eat every day.

how the h311 are you 16 and a college freshman?

Baird
01-23-09, 07:30 PM
English 13 year old reporting in. Hey, at least I'm honest :P

The Trooper
02-18-09, 05:24 PM
I'm William, 16 i have ADHD and i feel it affects my socialising skills more than anything else tbh

samtux
02-19-09, 04:19 PM
Im Sam ! im 16 nearly 17 im not diagnoesed with anything but i am like 99% sure that i have add or adhd inattentive which ever you prefer things are a bit behind the times here in the uk so we will c!

Do you have to be added as a teen or something as i can not seem to see any threads in here ?!

S

The Trooper
02-19-09, 04:48 PM
yes mate, i not too sure how to get added tho :p

mr.lazy
02-20-09, 01:37 PM
hey am mike am 17 nilly 18 living in switzerland :P but ima brit!!
got diagnosed late 2008 had never been brought up before then, but it makes sooo much effing sense now lol
i have the Inattention type i think :# been taking ritalinn recentlyyy erm (3 weeks now) :D

samtux
02-20-09, 07:38 PM
Hi !

enjoy ur stay is good here :D

out of interest how long did you diagnosis take ?

s

RedSkittles
02-20-09, 10:26 PM
Hello. My name is Katie. I am 13 years old in 7th grade. at age 7 I was diagnosed as ADHD and rediagnosed and confermed at age 12.

mr.lazy
02-24-09, 07:29 AM
out of interest how long did you diagnosis take ?

Erm i think there are different ways to get diagonsed, but what happend with me:

teachers brought up the maybe issue around december
testing was aranged with a psychologist this happend in jan, week later test said YEHH LOL u got ADD :p
THEN
1 week for doc opointment for meds
then 3 weeks wait for meds and erm doc wanted to do sum research cus she didnt have a clue
then in about feb i started taking it

hope this helped :P

Cyanyide
02-24-09, 04:59 PM
Hi... I'm Harley... I'm a 19 year old gal in college, freshman.

Apparently, my family doctor had brought to my mother's attention that I may have ADHD when I was in middle school. She decided that, and I quote directly here, "Taking medication [for ADHD] would ruin who you are. You'd loose that flair that makes you unique." SERIOUSLY. I found out when I talked to her about it this past month.

So, I went away for college this year and I've been talking to my friends a lot more. Since I'm living with people my own age they can relate to me more. I was reading over stuff in my psychology book and read symptoms for ADHD and ADD and most of the ones for ADHD applied to me. That was the point where I started talking to my friends about what they experienced and I noticed that I wasn't as normal as I thought.

So I went to see a psychiatrist (totally made me super nervous but he was recommended to me by a friend down here [I'm in SC now and I'm from PA so I'm 600 miles south of where I used to live]) and he put me on 50mg of vyvanse... I've been taking it since February 4th.

Squishey
02-25-09, 12:03 AM
Im Levi :)
13, i live in canada B,C (somewhere around vancouver)
I was diagnosed in grade 4 with adhd, i cant recall the year of off by hand.

newdayoldnews
02-25-09, 01:24 PM
My name is Chris, 16 years old. I live in Arizona. I have mild/moderate ADHD. It usually affects me during homework, driving, and hobbies.
I'm in high school, I play sports and music, and I am somewhat lacking in those areas when I'm not being medicated.

So yeah.

samtux
02-25-09, 05:25 PM
Hi Squishey

Hi Chris

:)

Sam

Th3_Gh0sT
03-08-09, 05:38 PM
Brock, but like Paws, Ghost or The Ghost is preferred. I live in Louisiana, and I have ADD, full blown, and a few other mismatched disorders with it.

chellechelle
03-08-09, 05:56 PM
chellechelle 18 adhd severe anxiety disorder, ocd

life is great isnt it :P :)

coddersjnr
03-09-09, 03:43 AM
Im Sam ! im 16 nearly 17 im not diagnoesed with anything but i am like 99% sure that i have add or adhd inattentive which ever you prefer things are a bit behind the times here in the uk so we will c!

Do you have to be added as a teen or something as i can not seem to see any threads in here ?!

S

Yeah, Sam I'm in the UK too and I'm pretty sure too, all the criteria fits in with who I am but I don't even think doctors know about ADD here do they?

coddersjnr
03-11-09, 04:00 AM
Could be british, I'm 16 and I'm at college too

bosst
03-11-09, 07:55 PM
kyle 18 adhd and have Auditory Processing Disorder.which is a condition in which patients have difficulty cognitively processing sounds, language and/or phonemes so even if i could still still i dont always know what people are saying. live in new england.

EE521
03-11-09, 09:16 PM
My name is Eric. I am 15 years old and am in 10th grade. I was diagnosed with ADD or ADHD predominantly inattentive in late June of last year. It effects me mostly in School.

Stefan
03-16-09, 08:46 AM
Stefan, age 18, 12th grade living in Israel , about to be diagnosed LOL...my doctor suspected (ADD) me and I will have to pass some tests to verify I think x)....all my life is a one big dream

livinginchaos
03-18-09, 11:41 PM
Hey everyone!

It's nice to meet you all!

GlamourDollXoXo
03-19-09, 02:32 PM
20 from IL and an early childhood education major in college!

Snooze
03-28-09, 11:21 PM
Hi!
I'm Sondre, 15 years old, in my last year of High school struggling to keep my grades up while skating my way through the world!
Got diagnosed with ADHD (Combined something) early februar this year, a bit late, so I didn't get help before now.. (And if anyone wonder why they didn't spot me, they told me I was too quiet and non-violent at school for them to discover me xD)

Oh yeah, I live in Norway, right next to Russia, if you Americans had been like the ones we see in the movies, you would call me a Communist xD

Ad(h?)dChris
03-31-09, 09:51 PM
i'm chris, sixteen years old, i recently got suspended out of school and am doing homeschool now. DIdn't take my Adderall cause' part of me hated taking it for school and i decided to sell drugs sloppily and got what i deserved.w00t w00t.
Oh yeah, unlike the stereotypical ADDer i've read so far in "So I'm not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!", I had mostly A's in school and four honors classes.
ADD affects me in social situations and switching gears, Its either hardcore school studying or hardcore relaxation and looking for fun and thrills. Failed to switch gears one day at school and paid for it :(

tasty-man
04-06-09, 10:57 PM
Im Dylan I'm 15 and was diagnosed in 5th grade.

Grithor
04-18-09, 04:37 PM
My names Chris, im 17 years old and im from Sweden. I'm not actually diagnosed with ADD(yet?) but im about to take a test in a couple of months as my social welfare officer suspected I might have ADD.

crazycat1990
04-22-09, 02:23 PM
Hey all!

I wasn't sure if I'd be "allowed" in the teen section - I know on some forums, once you turn 18 you can't access teen forums but then have access to adult ones.

But I'm 19 so technically still a teenager, my last year! Scaryyy!

So anyway, I'm Michaela, I live in Surrey, which is in the south of England, just down the road from Gatwick Airport.
I am yet to be DX'd with ADHD but I was DX'd with Aspeger's when I was 17. I'd always had issues socialising with and understanding others, both at home and school, and it wasn't until I started sixth form college that it totally hit me. I was just not fitting in with thr rest of my Performing Arts class, I thought by then my confidence would have gone up but no. It was my brother I think, that mentioned autism, and I'd read The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Night-Time, which obviously has the main character as someone with AS. I related to him quite a bit. So I read up on autism and AS and realised how much AS sounded like me, so I went to my doc, she did a referral to a psych, and after a lengthy process, taking 9 months in total (!) I got my DX. During that time I also read up on ADHD and noticed I had a lot of the traits for that, too. It's a long story, but basically from mentioning it to my psych on the day I got DX'd with AS (when I was 17 in 2007) to this day, I still havent' been to any appointments! :o I should hopefully get one within the next few weeks (after missing two of them over the last few months), third time lucky hopefully *fingers crossed* :)
I left sixth form early (in my second year) cos I was just not enjoying it, no motivation at all for it and just couldn't keep up. I have worked at Thorpe Park (a theme park in Surrey for the guys not in the UK) since March 2007 and absolutely love it, I LOVE theme parks! Should be starting there again shortly (I tried at another park, Chessington, but my AS did it's nasty job, leaving me not liking the change and not managing to get talking to any of the other staff at all).
Also, I have a lovely boyfriend called Rob, who I met at work in Sep 07. He is also quite ADHD and I'd love him to go see someone about it, but I doubt he'll ever get round to it :(

mitchck
04-27-09, 07:21 PM
Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Mitchell, i'm 16 and from South London. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 13, but I think it was worse when I was little (memories of ripping bald patches on my head because it was so hard to concentrate! LOL). Anyway, I was finding life increasingly hard again and needed advice so after someone recommending it on youtube, I got signed up. So far its been excellent, all my Qs have been answered.

tape fist
05-02-09, 01:31 AM
My name is Tyler and I`m 16.I have just recently been diagnosed with ADD but am not currently on any med`s

JBiscuit
05-04-09, 10:42 PM
Hey. I'm Jordan. About me, im from Texas. Im a 15 year old Sophomore. I was diagnosed last August ('08) and it was life changing. I have become a different person, a more developed person, a conscious person. Like, why didn't we do this earlier? I could have used it with my sinking grades in 6th-9th grade. I am goal oriented. I live my life to be productive on my own terms. I measure myself on my own scale. That probably comes off as cocky and arrogant, but im really a nice guy. If I let you in, we can really have a good relationship. I am on 50mg of Vyvanse, and I might start working my way down. I become a zombie. Randomly I think my sis has add also. There is no way that she can't. I can see my old self in her. Idk its a shame but I don't think I can be recommending perc's to my sister... Yea. One last thing about me. If I am going to do something, I am going to do it well. I will spend upwards of 30 minutes hammering out a post on the forum. It really doesn't iff me, as long as its for a productive and a good reason. Well, I am glad I am here! ~JBiscuit

doghead
05-11-09, 11:07 PM
wsup i msteve im 15 10th grade.... ADHD in middle school... i dont take meds only vyvanse sometimes and i do bad inschool w/o meds.. my mom makes me take them some days but im nervious about something if it would stun my growth. im 5'10 and not fully matured im like half way....

Skibumm
05-14-09, 02:06 AM
Hi. I'm Alex, from the US. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 15 and sometimes take meds. I think I will be taking them more as I go to college next year to help with grades.

cherzle555
05-14-09, 07:57 AM
hi! I'm Tina, from Portland OR, 17. I've not yet been diagnosed but I've been pretty gosh darn AD/HD for as long as I can remember, and I joined to see how others my age deal...

dragonfyre2013
05-14-09, 10:04 AM
Hey I'm Stephanie. I'm 20 (not technically a teen but not an adult yet either :) ). Currently being evaluated for inattentive ADD.... Been through 2 years of University. First went okay but 2nd year I basically had a mental breakdown halfway through the year from being super over frustrated and unable to study.

Not in school now so don't think I will medicate. Will evaluate the need when I return to Uni in the fall :)

Almost forgot... Winnipeg, MB, CAD :)

tryingtosucceed
05-28-09, 02:17 PM
Hey, I'm Cody. I am 16 years old.

Story Time!

All throughout my life (6yrs - now), I have always been a wanderer. I would start brilliant project, essays, articles with great ideas -- but never finish them. School has always been hard. I've been quiet in class because I'm afraid of what I say will sound stupid. I can NEVER concenrate on anything. Doing physics, for example homework is torture. Reading a book for English? Even worse. I tend to stick to newspapers and magazines only. I want to do something "new" every two minutes it seems. Argh!

I have friends -- but none are "close" friends by any stretch. I really don't know what to do. I just have this anxiety all the time -- always trying to succeed (hence my username) but never delivering on that. I've devoted myself to photography because I feel that I can channel communication better through that. I keep hearing that I'm really talented -- but I'd like more than just hearing that. I'd like to feel accepted. I want to speak out in groups. I want to be outgoing. I don't want to be that quiet kid in class who never talks -- and is labeled a weirdo because of it. I think my ADD has excaberated my social problems and my inability to focus and to feel accomplished for once.

I'm pretty sure I have ADD (inattentive). My mom doesn't believe in ADD, and thinks it's a discipline problem -- which infuriates me. She has no idea what it's like to live through this every day. My forgetfulness of doing chores and my quiet, isolated self has caused numerous fights between us. I finally convinced her to take me to our family physician. I'm going to our family physician this Monday for a "preliminary evaluation," whatever that means...

If my doctor determines I have ADD, will she immediately start me on Ritalin or Adderall? or will she just refer me to someone else -- further delaying the process? I do hope she puts me on medication. I don't know how I can take this anymore.

Yeah, so there's my emotional sob story. Please don't think I'm THAT emo. I just have ADD. I hope...

UziDoesIt
05-29-09, 01:42 PM
i have many problems, i think drug abuse is my first problem. somewhere way down the list slight add is there. i think it helps define my personality. =]

dragonfyre2013
06-03-09, 05:38 PM
I have friends -- but none are "close" friends by any stretch. I really don't know what to do.

For some reason my psyciatrist did not designate which type (inattentive, combined, hyperactive -> not sure if that's a bad thing or not, but that's another post :) ). I suspect I am combined.

Point is, I am in a similar situation friend-wise. I had many "aquaintances" in highschool and still do (I'm 20 now), but only 1 true close friend (other than my boyfriend). I think regardless of what type you are, being ADD puts you in a position of constant fear of disappointing other people, and it makes it very hard to make friends. Friends require trust, the ability to remember important facts, dates, relax and love eachother. All of this is very difficult to an ADD person since we have been told we are doing things wrong for a long time and therefore don't have much self-esteem.

My suggestion is to take baby steps towards speaking to people and in public - what you say sounds 100% stupider to you than it does to anyone else. We're all our own worst critics, but if you can't appreciate love and respect yourself how can you do that for others? I personally found that toastmasters really helped. I'm sure there's a chapter in your area.

Saint Valentine
06-04-09, 05:51 PM
Hey all, I'm Ryland, I'm 15 and in the 10th grade in SC. I was diagnosed with combined ADHD in the 3rd grade, and I'm ashamed to say that I've been medicated so long that I sometimes forget how much all my symptoms affect, well, everything.

Spaced_In
06-20-09, 08:43 AM
Hi, i'm Christie, i'm 14 and in year 9, i have ADHD and OCD, i was diagnosed with ADD in pre primary and i'm on dexamphetamine.

Fuscienne
06-30-09, 06:07 PM
Too... much... inactiveness here!

My name's Alice, I'm 17 years old and from the Netherlands. I have not yet been diagnosed, but am almost certainly sure I have (inattentive) ADD.

rossragsdale
07-08-09, 10:24 AM
Ross, 18, going into college this fall. Have had ADHD since I can remember.

melissab
07-23-09, 11:04 PM
hi, i'm 19, and from st. louis. i have had ADHD since i can remember, but i was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive only about 4 years ago. i am taking adderall 30 milligrams and it has changed my life.

argentmerx
08-13-09, 07:42 AM
Hey everyone :) I'm Kaitlin, I'm 16 and I live in Washington state. I was diagnosed with ADD about a year and a half ago and I've tried a few medications ( though none seem to really be helping- sigh. ) Ummm, I love to read and listen to music, not sure what else to say hehe! :)

repaired
08-15-09, 01:14 AM
Hi, I'm Gabe. I was tested for AD/HD and was told that my functioning is too high for a diagnosis but that I have the characteristics and should think about using medication. So, um, I'm thinking about it. I'm 17 and from MA.

Koric
08-23-09, 01:27 PM
Howdy!

I'm from Colorado, I'm 17 and in the 12th grade. I was diagnosed with Combined type ADHD about a month ago and am currently trying to figure out which medication will help me the most, but am trying Concerta.

Nice to meet all of ya'll here, I didn't know that my attention wasn't normal until my psych actually asked me how I've managed to live through my entire life without being diagnosed/treated.

TINCAN
08-24-09, 05:45 PM
I am Lauren, im from Kansas [[and no i dont know dorthy]] and i am 17 years young :)

charlottesw
08-26-09, 06:39 AM
I'm Charlotte I am turning 18 in september,

just got diagnosed with innattentive adhd,

passed HS by a hair, now getting ready to go off to college

MASSHOLE :D

kittentail
08-29-09, 11:07 AM
hi my name is kim im 17 and i haven't been properly diagnosed but i'm 99.9% sure i have Inattentive ADD. I have dropped out of high school twice. (well second time virtually kinda kicked out lol long story)
I was born in Preston England, then moved to Northampton where in year 7 i started having very noticable problems with school. i then moved to Cyprus and started high school at Xenion which is the first school i dropped out of (beginning of year 11). then after a year of self schooling i moved to England to work where i was rubbish at my job because of lateness, laziness and being generally distracted and slow. i then moved to dubai and re-entered the school program in year 12. after 1 year i was known as the girl who was persistanly late, absent and bad with assignments. at the end of the year i was told unless i could convice them otherwise to never come back (not in a cruel way lol).
After reading the amazing book by Dr Daniel Amen Healing ADD The Breakthrough Program That Allows You To See And Heal The 6 Types Of ADD, i realised i had Innatentive ADD. i haven't got many friends and those i do have i hardly speak to or they are in a different country.

wow that was lik really long winded introduction lmao

for more of my life story lol go to:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71912&page=2

varied_in_style
10-23-09, 02:06 AM
Hihi! :D I'm Sam, and I was diagnosed when I was only 2 1/2 years old. :cool: I live in PA and I'm in college for Marketing and Management. :p

Thomasthetrain
10-27-09, 02:53 PM
hello my name is Thomas and im glad im here

General Grime
11-02-09, 01:20 PM
Lo, i'm Tim, 18 years old and i'm from The Netherlands/Amsterdam.
I've only recently been diagnosed with ADD, but i'm not planning on getting on meds just yet.
Trying to hold it off for as long as possible, to see where it gets me.
While i do have a high school diploma, simply because it was easy enough for me to blaze through the 3 years without having to do anything, i did started ****ing up after that, since as soon as i was required to actually do homework and pay attention in class to pass i just started skipping classes and stopped going to school in general.
Simply because it was completely useless, as i was simply unable to pay attention, stating the obvious etc.
While ADD brings a certain amount of obvious burdens, i also feel it makes you stand out amongst the rest when it comes to certain things.
For instance i feel i'm alot faster in seeing through charades and general mimics in people, and most of the time i get a swift insight of what might be troubling people aswell, without knowing their background.
I've been lucky enough to be able to fake interest quite well, and match in when needed, so making friends has never been a real problem.
Though honestly i feel like i hang with friends more to add to the camouflage than honest enjoyment, eventhough i'm quite close with them and known them for years.
The biggest problem i have with my ADD is not really knowing what certain emotions contain.
I can laugh, i can cry, i can enjoy something and i can hate something, but i'm not sure how it feels to be actually 'happy' and neither do i know what it feels like to be truly unhappy.
It's dodgy.
I much prefer my own company over that of others, i have more interesting conversations with myself than i do with anyone i know.
Living with ADD is going to be an interesting journey.

Wafflez
11-03-09, 11:14 PM
I suppose that it's time for me to post in here.

16 going on 22.

Missouri.

Haven't been diagnosed formally but by a friends parent that is a shrink.

I plain on going to college for business management, journalism and/or photography. I might do a trip major possibly :P

chellechelle
11-07-09, 12:35 PM
hey guess i should have posted here a long time ago i joined when i was 17 im now 18 im chelle. i was diagnosed at 6 and was on ritalin. i am now off of meds and quite happy i find cbt helps alot more. am looking into alternative therapy.. have fun on the board kids :P

mr.lazy
11-14-09, 07:01 PM
Joined here a while ago, been lurking the last few days on the forums :P gonna start posting again.

Im mike, im 18, living in switzerland, born in the UK, diagnosed last year, stopped taking meds, because i don't want too :o

Banzai
11-21-09, 11:45 AM
Seems to be alot of Americans here but hi, I'm 16, turning 17 in a couple of months and currently at college (we start college at 16 here in the UK). Never been diagnosed (NHS is pretty crap here).

Linkx
11-24-09, 07:03 PM
Hi, I'm Jake.

I'm 18 and I'm a freshman in community college from Iowa. I'm still preparing to pursue treatment for ADD - no formal diagnosis yet.

I look forward to meeting all of you. :)

klau123
12-10-09, 04:14 PM
Klau, age 19 :D

maybe_a_melody
12-10-09, 08:05 PM
Elizabeth or Lizzie (i cant ever decide on anything, not even my name haha!)
I'm fourteen and i live in Florida.
My brother has ADD and mild asbergers,
I dont know how long my parents have thought that i have ADHD but they told me i probably did when i was about 8 or 9.

Lately I've been having more trouble listening, staying still, forgetting and losing things so i thought i'd do a little research on it and now its kinda of an addiction.
I've been reading symptoms and almost all of them describe me!
I now get why i act the way i d and i'm so happy i figured out why I've always been the weird kid. I haven't been to get the doctor to diagnose me cause my parents are a little bit more worried about Ethan (brother).
I really want to know for suuure if i have it but i'm petty positive.

I also recently found out my dad has ADD!

We all drive my mom crazy (:

RedGirl
01-02-10, 11:00 PM
My name is Amanda, I am 16, I live in Georgia but spent most of my life in OHIO and I say pop, which confuses and drives some of my friends crazy. I have AD/HD. I was diagnosed when I was 11 almost 12. I am in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at school. My Little brother has ADHD; my uncle (my dad's brother) has AD/HD; my cousin (Uncle's son) has ADHD along with a slew of other things that accompany a mitochondrial disorder such as Asthma, Epilepsy, Autism, and a whole bunch of other things that I always forget the name of; we suspect that my dad has AD/HD but he has never been diagnosed nor tried to be; and my other cousin (my dad's sister's son) has AD/HD.

NBizzzle
01-06-10, 11:19 PM
yooo im Nick, 17. diagnosed with ADHD in 4th grade... I was on adderall but decided to stop taking it sophomore year due to feeling physically uncomfortable with the medication. It wasnt working anymore... My ADHD has been worse than ever and looking for some help on just staying focused. btw i tend to bounce my leg more than anyone ive ever seen

NBizzzle
01-06-10, 11:20 PM
My name is Amanda, I am 16, I live in Georgia but spent most of my life in OHIO and I say pop, which confuses and drives some of my friends crazy. I have AD/HD. I was diagnosed when I was 11 almost 12. I am in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at school. My Little brother has ADHD; my uncle (my dad's brother) has AD/HD; my cousin (Uncle's son) has ADHD along with a slew of other things that accompany a mitochondrial disorder such as Asthma, Epilepsy, Autism, and a whole bunch of other things that I always forget the name of; we suspect that my dad has AD/HD but he has never been diagnosed nor tried to be; and my other cousin (my dad's sister's son) has AD/HD.

god bless you and ur family. lol. You guys must have some pretty intense conversations. sounds like fun!

NBizzzle
01-06-10, 11:31 PM
Hi, I'm Jake.

I'm 18 and I'm a freshman in community college from Iowa. I'm still preparing to pursue treatment for ADD - no formal diagnosis yet.

I look forward to meeting all of you. :)
how have u been able to manage college so far untreated. im a senior in hs and going to be attend a local communtiy college.

Angie11
01-07-10, 11:58 PM
hi im angie and im diagnosed ADHD , biopolar and skitsophrania i was diagnosed at about age 5. my adhd was first, then when all the adhd meds made me seem more crazy i then was diagnosed the others, but this took many years. it has been very hard i also have several diffrent lerning disorders,evrything takes me longer except i still look and seem normal until you get to know me for real. i take welbutrin ,ambilify and focilin and it helps a lot and im 11 yrs old.:eek: im just different.

Thatz
01-10-10, 05:55 AM
I'm Ashley, age 18. I'm also a freshman college student that was recently diagnosed with inattentive ADD. My home state is Maryland, but my college is in PA. My ADD mostly affects me in class, where I daydream the entire time. I'm amazed I made it through the first semester since I ended up missing huge chunks of the lectures. I take vyvanse right now.

Gilthranon
01-27-10, 01:46 PM
Hey, I'm Daniel, live in Switzerland, dutch though. 19 yo male and just diagnosed ADD. After multiple losses of school years, they figured something was wrong x) . Uni preperation - it sucks btw.

curiosity721
02-12-10, 02:57 AM
Um hi =] My name is Shaley and I have ADHD. I'm from the USA (sorry won't specify) and I'm 16. I guess I like having it because it makes me smile and then I make everyone else around me happy. I get super quiet and focused when I'm on my vyvanse though.:)

Pamplemousse
02-26-10, 11:07 AM
hello. I am Pamplemousse (won't say name), I am 16 years old and I live in New York State. I was recently diagnosed with ADD and some anxiety. I am not taking any real medications, just some supplements and vitamins that help me with focusing. :cool:

Jabbz
03-01-10, 11:57 PM
<Insert obligatory greeting here>. I'm Jabbz (gam3rtag) Im 19 and I was diagnosed with add/adhd (both I believe) in the 8th grade. I take concerta atm which helps me funnel my thoughts and focusing power to an acceptable level.

xXSLATEXx
03-31-10, 11:59 AM
Whats up, im Steve Slate, I live in Manitou Springs Colorado. I'm 16 years old, I was diagnosed with an advanced case of ADHD back in 2000 during first grade. My ADHD is accompanied by a minor form of touret's (I can't help but make strange noises some times), as well as ODD (oppositional deffiant disorder). I hate classroom settings, and I struggle really badly in school. I tend to argue with teachers alot.

I am prescribed with Vyvanse 60mg pills, they seem to help alot. Although they stunted my growth (which isn't a big deal because I'm alread 6'4")

ADD-Inattentive
04-11-10, 03:26 AM
Hey guys, I'm Dana, age 20 and I'm from the US, specifically the midwest. I'm majoring in nursing and in my sophomore year. I was just recently diagnosed with ADD (mostly inattention and focus problems) and started my medication journey with 36mg concerta.

darkangel99
04-21-10, 07:33 AM
Heya Guys
I am Eloise and I'm 16 and I'm from south of England.
I have been diagnosed with ADD for quite a while i think it was 2004 maybe but it affects my concentration and i'm very talkative my mates sometimes get annoyed with me because i talk so much at the moment i'm coping a lot better with school and my organisation when i take my equasym 10mg.

Werl
05-02-10, 12:41 AM
Hi, I'm Peter, 14, form Alberta Canada. I have DDA (Disorder Deficit Attention) I also have Dyslexia (the DDA thing from earlier). My parents knew it since that day I was born.

Claircognizance
05-11-10, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone, I am Brandon but some of my friends call me Xazz and what have you, I am 18 and currently living in Arkansas. I have am currently in the process of being diagnosed for ADHD and am on a trial run of Concerta 36mg (day two) which thankfully helps a little with the mental parade I go through every day. My parents would never let me be tested out of fear I would not have a chance in the world and I did not wish to be tested because it would count as a pre-existing condition, the health bill changed the views on that however and I could go and see the doctor 5 years after I originally wanted to. I am on this site to be with others that have trouble as I do and to share my hope that one day I will be able to read a book again, for I have not been able to read one for 3 or so years.

Werl
05-19-10, 09:34 AM
Interesting Claircognizance, I am currently taking a dose of Concerta 72 mg (year 2)

doiadhd
05-19-10, 09:39 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Werl
05-19-10, 10:01 AM
What? My dose.

Listen
05-19-10, 11:29 AM
Hi, I'm Kat. I'm sixteen and I live in North Carolina. I don't know if I have ADD or not but I'll probably find out next week; my therapist is pretty sure I do.

KukuStarfish
05-22-10, 01:21 AM
Hi, I'm Fo. I'm 15 and in the 9th grade, and I live in sunny California! I just realized 2 months ago that i might have inattentive add (i really identify with symptoms and other add people's stories) but nobody believes me-not my parents, not my doctor, not my friends, just because i get good grades. but they dont know how i get those good grades-i wait until the night before a project is due when ive had 3 weeks to do it then i stay up all night hyperfocusing on it and making it perfect and freaking myself out, then turning it in the next day and getting a good grade for it but feeling awful.

i feel frustrated because right now in my life i feel like theres something holding me back and i strongly believe that thing is add. my dad recently told me he doesnt care what i do anymore because he's tired of me not working hard and being lazy and a daydreamer...i dont want him to lose hope on me! i hope somebody can listen to me at least, which is why im glad for this forum. hopefully i can find somebody who is willing to diagnose me soon!! :)

Werl
05-22-10, 01:43 AM
I get good grades and I have add and dyslexia. Thou I do struggle in English.

KukuStarfish
05-22-10, 03:25 PM
Wow, add and dyslexia and good grades?! You're an inspiration! :) My friend has dyslexia and one of of her teachers had low expectations & treated her poorly, which her which made her mad quite a bit, because she's intelligent. I wish everyone could open their minds a little bit and know that having add or lds doesn't automatically fit you into the "bad-grades" box, because thats how the people in my life right now basically think.

I struggle in math because I make careless mistakes. :P yesterday i got back a quiz in math and i was docked points because on one graphing problem i forgot to add the negative sign to my answer.

Werl
05-22-10, 03:56 PM
I would be an A plus student if it wasn't for carless mistakes.

Dolphin92
05-24-10, 02:19 AM
My names Samantha and i live in Plano texas i was diagnosed with ADHD when i was in elementry school i think 2nd grade. I am currently a 11th grader at Plano East Senior high school im 17, and my ADHD affects me everywhere expecially at school which really anoys me. But i also have very nice freinds who are very understanding.

Mayve
05-25-10, 01:21 AM
My name is Harley, seventeen, and I live in Washington State. I'm a Senior in HS (with only three weeks until graduation), and I've been recently been seeing the school therapist about my grades, as I'm failing the two most important classes, and my stress.
Her and I most recently figured out that I have a almost 99% chance to have ADD, and after doing lots of research, I'm assuming its "inattentive ADD."
I am both relieved and unhappy, because I couldn't understand why I just couldn't get good grades and get anything done, and now I know. But I also don't want this.
I joined this forum to see if I can figure out more on what I had, and maybe become more accepting of it in general.

Shizam!
06-26-10, 04:06 AM
My name is Elliott, I'm 18 and starting my first college class very soon. Diagnosed when I was around 12, just now taking medication.

khfan429
07-09-10, 08:04 PM
Greetings all, my name's Cody, I'm 16, live in Florida, going into my junior year of high school, and was diagnosed with my ADD in seventh grade.

Werl
07-09-10, 08:53 PM
Still one of the youngest. Sigh.

xXsourlemonXx
07-20-10, 05:28 PM
My name is Hollie, im 13 yrs old and i was diagnosed with ADHD and i also have Aspergers Syndrome, im currently taking medication (Strattera). Im from Scotland :D.

Werl
07-20-10, 05:49 PM
Ya!!!! I'm no longer the youngest. Thank you. If I wasn't belted in, I'd be dancing.

Nickis2legit
07-22-10, 08:32 PM
17, Senior in High School. ADHD-PI

Wsup?

Mw47
07-25-10, 02:58 PM
I'm Mike, 15 years, from Texas. I only recently had myself examined, and was diagnosed with ADHD-PI.

Werl
07-25-10, 06:45 PM
Welcome all.

Geoff_P1
07-26-10, 06:11 PM
Geoff
uk
Mum been trying to get me tested since I was 7, finally got tested when I was 15 and found out I had adhd.

NatalieRiot
07-27-10, 09:52 PM
My name is Natalie
I am 17, just finished my first year of college.
I was diagnosed when I was 8 with "severe ADHD" and was on medication from then until I was about 14, which was when I was sick of all the side-effects and I stopped taking my meds. My meds were being changed all the time because they couldn't find the right drug for me LOL.

Nickis2legit
07-29-10, 01:40 PM
Welcome =)

Werl
07-29-10, 04:28 PM
@ Nick- I thought you were fake. :p

Nickis2legit
08-07-10, 11:27 PM
@ Nick- I thought you were fake. :p
Why would you think that?

Alex9
08-10-10, 12:14 AM
Hey im Alex. Im 15 and going into my sophmore year of high school. I was diagnosed with adhd in kindergarten when my teacher recommended to my parents that I should be tested.

Although adhd makes school tough, I think it makes me funnier and fun to be around when I'm hanging with friends.

Keestra
08-25-10, 05:30 PM
Whats with all the girls, totaly out numbering us guys. Name is Trygve pronounced Trig-V, 16. softmore in high school. ADHD and pretty much affected everything in my life majorly, being naturaly jacked up all the time is a major negative. Now on vyvanse and dex, along with xanax and deplin. Tryed pretty much every drug out their and used alota opiates to self medicate b4 i found simuliants help aton more. Ohh and live in Seattle area.

swimer713
08-26-10, 11:35 AM
Heyy! I'm Jaime, I am 16 and in the 10th grade. I have ADD, I take Adderall only it interferes with my swimming so I don't like taking it. I've had symptoms all my life but I just recently was diagnosed. Massachusetts is my home, go Pats (;

LunaLovegood
10-03-10, 12:19 PM
Hi!!!! I'm Lilly!!! (Short for Lilliannia) Ummmm...oh, I'm 15 years old, just recently diagnosed after I was put into foster care, and they saw me and were like, she NEEDS to be tested, and then, how do we make her shut up??? ...what else were we supposed to say? Oh, I'm in the 10th grade. I have ADHD, I'm not super hyper, but apparently more so than I should be (I just think I'm a happy person). I've always been in accelerated classes, and I always learn a lot in them, I usually get 100s on tests/quizes and ace finals - it's just that homework that brings down my grades... I think that's about it!

Werl
10-03-10, 01:25 PM
Welcome all! Nice to read about you. :D

x6eze
10-05-10, 06:16 PM
Heyy! I'm Jaime, I am 16 and in the 10th grade. I have ADD, I take Adderall only it interferes with my swimming so I don't like taking it. I've had symptoms all my life but I just recently was diagnosed. Massachusetts is my home, go Pats (;
Sounds alot like Micheal Phelps?

x6eze
10-05-10, 06:20 PM
Hi!:cool:
I'm x6eze, I'm 15, and I'm 90+% sure I have ADHD. I'm going to be tested soon. Whatever soon means.

WhoaaaaaI'mADD
10-24-10, 10:06 PM
Hey all,

I'm Chris, I'm 16, and a Junior in high school. I'm from Michigan. I got diagnosed about a month ago after a psychologist tested me and recommended medication. I have SEVERE memory issues and forgetfulness is probably my most prominent characteristic. I like to go out and have fun instead of dealing with the stresses of life, but I can never seem to escape them due to my anxiety problems. I get BORED extremely easily, so any sort of stimulation is necessary to keep me going and any sort of classroom setting is TORTURE. I excelled in school until I actually had to learn things instead of just treating it like a game, which is when I decided to get tested. And now here I am. Nice meeting you all.

darkangel99
10-26-10, 12:08 PM
Hiya im Eloise preferably know as Ellie im 16 im in college doing animal management level 3 extended diploma i have had ADD as far as i can remember I can't remember when i got diagnosed though i have been on strattera and equasym but have been taken off of medication and am coping ok without but I get on ok i just have days when i get distracted and end up getting fidgety and lose concetration but I think im coping ok without medication :) x

itsanADHDthing
11-03-10, 11:54 PM
Josh, I'm 16, Live in Arizona currently (move all the time), was just diagnosed with adhd a couple months ago, it affects every aspect of my life and now that I look back it has really messed with me.

I like baseball GO CUBS, video games, girls, cars, HUNTING!, and I write poetry...

x6eze
11-04-10, 06:48 PM
I like baseball [redacted], video games, girls, cars, HUNTING!,
Wow. I think you just described every man ever born in one sentence.

Werl
11-04-10, 06:53 PM
Not true, I don't like hunting, or baseball.

x6eze
11-04-10, 07:24 PM
ok then.
video games, girls, cars.

itsanADHDthing
11-05-10, 12:54 AM
Wow. I think you just described every man ever born in one sentence.

:p:cool::D:)

ChickenGirl
11-05-10, 02:38 PM
Hi! My name is Anna and I like knitting, reading, browseing forums, playing board games, and playing online RP games.

itsanADHDthing
11-05-10, 05:49 PM
Hi! My name is Anna and I like knitting, reading, browseing forums, playing board games, and playing online RP games.

you forgot your age, and location :p

dancinonwater
11-17-10, 08:37 PM
My name is Natalie, i am 13, i live in New York, and i was just diagnosed with ADHD this year.

I always knew i was a little different and i had a hard time focusing and got really hiper and impulsive, but my ADHD was litterally "hiding" behind my IQ. its tough for me cuz like people dont know and would never suspect it because they know im really smart and people expect all adhders to be dumb....

P.S. i am a dancer, singer, and an actress. i would say im probobly pretty good because i always get the leads in plays and such.... i guess thats a good judge.

Krzysolja
12-02-10, 10:11 PM
I'm Danny, I'm 16 years old and I have A.D.D, always been an underachiever due to my A.D.D, I'm on Adderall and my grades have improved a lot.

Mw47
12-08-10, 06:59 PM
Hi, I'm Will, 15 years old and I turn 16 in a month.

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD-PI this summer, on my own suspicions. Overall I'm pretty intelligent, but often it's really hard to just accomplish things that my friends can do (who are all pretty smart), since the ADHD has always messed me up. I've always known that something was wrong, but I just never knew what, until the end of last (school) year, so I went to a psychiatrist and was diagnosed, she then sent me to a doctor. The doctor started me on Vyvanse, but we soon found out I have arrhythmia, then we tried Strattera, that crippled my mind beyond usefulness, so now I'm on Daytrana, and if that doesn't work I'm done with meds.

Firebird
12-15-10, 03:01 PM
Im chris and I was diagnosed last year! Im 16 and live in alberta canada. I like cars, motorcycles (supermoto's especially), video games, and sleeping.

sighduck
01-15-11, 05:07 AM
HI!:) I'm Joshua, I live in South Africa and im 18 , and my adhd story is kinda complicated at the moment... I just recently came across an article in a magazine that listed the symptoms of adhd and described it a little bit, I realised that i fitted perfectly into the inattentive side ( I have always been an underachiever who constantly forgets things and is often lost). My relationship with my parents is kinda complicated so i found it really hard to bring up the topic with them. Something that also came to mind though after learning about adhd was that i was placed on ritalin at age 8, but i was only on it for a year and then the whole thing just dissapeared. When i eventualy did decide to talk to my mom, she just blew it off and said that i have done ok in school up to now so i should be fine as i am, so why should i bother getting diagnosed (she is also very anti-meds) if you guys could give me advice on how to provceed further it would be apreciated, but otherwise a large friendly Hi, from me:cool:

Werl
01-15-11, 01:42 PM
Hi Josh, first I need to know, are you planning or currently going to post secondary institution? The amount the meds help in this setting is extremely high (or so I understand). A diagnosis can possibly get you a smaller room for tests or even more time on tests.

I hope this helped.

sighduck
01-15-11, 04:09 PM
To answer your question, werl, i am going to university this year to study teaching :D

by the way I am very sure that i should get a diagnosis, I'm just not sure how to go about it without the support of my parents:confused:

Werl
01-16-11, 01:27 AM
If I believe you're age of majority, if you have the money just go to any place that does phyc testing, also you could ask the university for the testing next year.

tipoo
01-16-11, 10:34 AM
I'm 19, almost non-teen *Gasp*

viot45
01-20-11, 11:25 PM
My name is Eric, I'm 16. I have ADD. Sometimes I love it for my creativity, but it can also affect my school work, and get me in trouble some times :)

hypergirl96
01-23-11, 11:54 PM
i'm 14 and in 9th grade. my names sarah and i live in nj. i haven't been diagnosed with adhd yet, but my family friends and teachers and me are positive i have it.

pooka
03-19-11, 06:01 PM
I'm Lucie, though my screen name is usually Pooka. I'm in the 9th grade and am (finally) beginning the process of being diagnosed with inattentive ADD after speculating about it for years.

Ambitious lad
03-21-11, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, I'm 18 my name is Patrick and this is my first post as a member!!

ADHD-PI
03-22-11, 05:04 PM
I'm 17, my friends call me 'G', and I'm a sophomore in high school. I'm from Louisiana. I like to work out at the gym with my friends. I'm prescribed Adderall, but haven't tried it yet. I'm currently taking 120mg Pseudoephedrine every morning.

Fiction1228
04-05-11, 11:17 PM
Hi, I'm nikki. 18, so technically an adult, but still treated and feel like a teen =P. i'm from Illinois and I love metal music=]. right now i'm perscribed adderall XR because of my impulsiveness (linked to my bulimia) and my inability to pay attention to pretty much everything xD

renegade309
04-21-11, 01:55 PM
Edward, 19, but like every guy in my family my mind never ages over 15 :P Jack of all trades but master of none, freshman in college. I was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive in third grade, but didn't commit to medication until the second year of high school. I still don't feel like it helps that much... currently take 20mg of short acting Ritalin twice a day. oh and i Love snowboarding and drama (mainly comedy, stand up too)

pooka
04-21-11, 02:30 PM
Hi Edward, welcome to the forums!

Werl
04-25-11, 12:10 AM
Hi all, welcome to the forums. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Monika
04-26-11, 12:52 AM
Im Monika im 13 years old, and i live in california. i was diagnosed with add about 2 months ago., It drives me and my family crazy sometimes but im taking strattara(however its spelled) and it helps a lot. i'm always having trouble in school and with my friends, my parents always tell me to try harder and when i tell them that i do try they don't believe me! So we finally got my diagnosed and my dad thinks add is a myth but my mom had it when she was younger. So its still really tricky but were moving along . .. slowly but efficiently.

a_smith17
04-29-11, 09:08 PM
hi im alicia im 18, i live in california. ive just been recently diagnosed with ADHD, i wish i wouldve known about my ADHD in hs it wouldve been a lot more helpful and less stressful. but it allows me to tackle college with a whole new perspective! and i just forgot where i was going with this, story oh my life haha

twilighter3000
04-30-11, 07:59 PM
My name is Danielle, I'm 14 and a freshman in high school, live in Michigan, and have yet to be diagnosed with ADD because I'm too scared to tell my parents, even though I'm almost 100% sure I have ADD, and it affects me mostly during school but also out of it.

Pears
05-06-11, 07:03 PM
My name is Jesse, Im 15 in 9th grade, I live in Florida, and I havent been diagnosed with ADD (I dont think I will get diagnosed till i graduate and im on my own)

I play Piano, Animate, and draw.

misslekid10
05-08-11, 12:00 AM
Ellos. My name is Mark and I live in Minnesota. Im officialy 19 which as well makes me an adult but I still consider myself a teen in the sense of the teen in my age :p . My add has helped me in creativity and writing music etc, but the recent issues of my brain jumping from one thing to another so quickly was a sign that I needed to get medication again.

I'm currently finishing highschool and am preparing for heading off to college. I'm not sure what that will entail organization and homework wise but I know it will be one heck of a challenge.

Mesaana
05-11-11, 02:32 PM
i'm not a teenager (26), although in some ways i don't act my age, but just wanted everyone to know that pooka is MY little sis, and that she is the ****!!!!!! i <3 you pooka.

btw if anybody gives pooka any problems, well you'll have to deal with me. just wanted to say that. :P

Pears
05-11-11, 05:41 PM
Lul. Nice to meet you, Pookas Big sis.

Uuuh,noname?
05-22-11, 11:19 AM
Yo, Im ruvin, 19 as of yesterday, living in london, diagnosed with inattentive adhd at 12, never tried to understand it until I hit 18 and realised crap, I have zero education, my family relationships have collapsed plus im homeless.. better do something about it. I then read a few books on adhd and soon realized that I failed achieving my goals because I failed to tackle my adhd. Like so many here I felt like crying with joy/relief after reading my first book on ADHD, it all came together, it all made sense.

Conman
05-25-11, 08:35 PM
Im connor. eh....i gots adhd combo, so im easily lost in every sense of the word, and am a living battery, although i do miss nap time. why do little kids get nap time and teens and college children dont. whoops. there you go i went off on a tangent. gonna be a neurosurgeon. diagnosed at age 8. when i was 5, they thought i had tourette's syndrome, when i was 12 they thought i had some form of autism, turns out i only have autistic tendencies! Everybody wins! i like metal music. : D

ThatKidWithADHD
05-27-11, 05:51 PM
My name is Brady. I'm 14 and lie in Florida. I've had ADHD since I was 4. I plan on one day to study ADHD and find the cause of it.

oopsadoodle
05-29-11, 01:26 AM
hey. My name is kashmirr. i am 15 i have been diagnosid with adha. all of my teachers say i have potential, but that doesnt stop me from getting 50s

Creator
05-29-11, 03:10 PM
I have ADD and I am soon 15 years old, got my diagnosis not very long ago and it has been a pain for long, especially with the depression.

freedomwriter71
06-19-11, 09:19 PM
I'm Beth, I'm 17 and from MA. I got diagnosed with combined adhd in '98, and I've been okay to an extent lately. I was taking 72 mg of Concerta for the past year or so and they thought I was doing well so I'm off them for a few weeks. No major problems yet!

MrDerp
06-23-11, 11:09 PM
Ola. I'm Daniel, I love music and alternative culture. I was diagnosed w/ ADD a few months ago. Fun fact: Most people think I'm much older than I really am. 15, going in as a sophomore.

matthewc928
06-24-11, 02:43 PM
my name is matt, im 17 live in the uk and was diagnosed with ADD when i was 10 but i have always known something was up

hobbyneeded-
06-25-11, 12:01 AM
Salut... I'm Chelsea, 13 (but i'm not annoying or into crappy bands so don't worry).
People say I seem much older ^. I was diagnosed with adhd when I was ten, and I read and talk a lot.

lillygrl1028
07-03-11, 01:53 AM
hey i"m lele and i"m 17 recenly off medication and its hard and i have had adhd since i was six

Dmarieex3
07-11-11, 01:45 AM
Im danielle, Im 15 i have ADHD since i was 2. I get anxiety alot & stuff, but i dont understand it.Noone in my house understands me so i thought this would help.

kingsmo
07-11-11, 03:54 PM
Adi (nickname)
I am 16
From republic of India

AdHD
and new here

docker
07-12-11, 10:04 PM
hey i'm claire
i'm 16 and i'm from WA.
i have Inattentive ADHD and i'm on 54mg concerta and 10mg (or 20mg if needed) of ritalin

kitty92
08-13-11, 07:37 PM
hi im becky but my freinds call me either lulu or kitty age 19 high school grad

ellipse
08-24-11, 05:27 AM
I'm Adam. Just turned 20 recently. Australia. Yes I know that I'm a year older but I'd like to think of myself as still a teen aha. :(

Sometimes when people ask my age I almost always think "Oh just 17" then reality hits me.

oopsadoodle
08-28-11, 03:15 AM
ok, so im kashmirr I live in canada, im 15. i was diagnosed with adhd around grade 6. my whole family has add my little bro has tourettes, and even though i wish i didn't have to deal with him i still feel odly protective od him. (ignore my spelling) anyways. i don't really know what else to say. hmm Im tired and Im only writing this because its like 2 In the morning and i can't sleep cause of the stupid meds. well chaio
wow u can tell i have add

Anderew101
09-07-11, 01:35 AM
I'm anderew 15 im on concerta and this stuff really helps me in school but it makes me feel so strange like I'm not there and time is going so fast but I'm going so slow. It makes me jumpy and nervous. Sounds strange but almost nothing feels real. Ill take days off of it to and that's f@cling up my liver but whateva

Joethomas
09-08-11, 06:54 PM
I'm Joe, 15 years old, in 10th grade, I live in North Carolina. I just got diagnosed 2 days ago and adderall has helped me already in school

stellarpie
09-11-11, 10:23 PM
Sup Im Drew

Im 16 years old and live in texas

My doctor diagnosed me with ADD without the H. He prescribed concerta and it sucked, i could barely eat and felt like a zombie, but lo and behold my work for school was finally getting turned in. I stopped taking it because it made me feel emotionless and horrible.

I think I have Adhd-pi and i dont take meds.

FB1992
09-17-11, 09:47 PM
Ohhai I'm Aaron, and I'm 19.

rommet
09-25-11, 06:42 PM
Hello,

My name is Chris. I am 15 and I am a sophomore in high school. I am in all honors classes with one AP class. I have bad ADD. I have only been diagnosed with ADD a year ago. Before that, I was struggling with depression and attention. I have been on many medicines, but I am now on Concerta, IR Ritalin, and Celexa. They have been quite a help. I am now doing better in school and I am on my way to success :)

Kay's World
09-28-11, 11:19 PM
The names Kay
FL.
ADHD-sometimes I detect a little bipolar disorder as well...lol

Spikey
10-11-11, 01:13 PM
Hey! I'm Jordan (I'm good for either name), I'm turning 17 in a few months, I live in New York, and I was diagnosed at the start of tenth grade, and I wasn't put on medication until January of 2011. I'm currently a junior and I take Vyvanse in the morning and then a booster of IR Adderall in the afternoons to get me through homework (I regularly have 18 hour days, and unfortunately they haven't made a single pill that lasts that long yet).

Glad to know there are other teens on this forum! I post here and in the General ADHD forums because while I'm still in high school I'm often mistaken for someone quite a bit older and I don't always fit in with other teens. That's a different post though. :D Glad to see others my age though! :D