View Full Version : Roll Call - Washington Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 06:51 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Washingston. Please give a brief intro.

Name

bandit09
12-26-03, 09:37 PM
I'm a 54 year old man diagnosed with ADD in October of 2003. I Live in Olympia.

biker
12-30-03, 11:12 AM
I am Jim. Diagnosed with ADD october of 2003. 44 years old and married. I live in the Pacific Northwest.

sassafras285
11-20-04, 06:55 AM
hey there...
andie
19/f
seattle
adhd innattentive type
1 yr diagnosed
40 mgs strattera

Sassafras
01-03-05, 01:26 AM
hey there...
andie
19/f
seattle
adhd innattentive type
1 yr diagnosed
40 mgs strattera
You stole my moniker! :p

33/m
Seattle
Diagnosed with ADD this summer

RabbitPunch
01-03-05, 10:42 AM
Mark, 35 years in this world, 8 while diagnosed with A-ADD. Currently SUPPOSED to be on 300mg Wellbuterin per day, but it's a miracle when I remember. :o

Live in Snohomish County...

Lovebug
01-30-05, 01:20 AM
hi
ann, wazzu student, bipolar+adhd. 26/F. dx'd last year.

RabbitPunch
01-30-05, 04:29 AM
Well Lovebug, as much as I'd like to, this A-ADD Dawg won't hold your cougar-ness against you... :)

From one 'newbie' to another, WELCOME!

36 (as of recently), diag'd several terra rotations ago...

RabbitPunch... aka Hoppy

bikeNomad
02-12-05, 07:40 PM
Howdy all...

I'm 49 and live in the Stanwood/Camano area. Nice to be here!

SeattleGuy
03-22-05, 02:32 AM
Im 22 and my GF is 24 , both have ADD (not AdHd)

SteamPunk
08-08-05, 12:25 AM
Hi --
Lauri
46 year old woman
Poly without a primary partner
Seattle
Full-on ADHD with anxiety and dyslexia (and a little OCD)
Diagnosed about 5 years ago
Zoloft 150mg daily, now experimenting with 25mg Amantadine daily
Problems with focus, impulsivity, motivation, hypersensitivity to criticism.

JRJ
09-17-05, 08:44 PM
Hello, I'm Joan.
Just turned fifty, married 25 years with no children
Diagnosed with bi-polar at 30.
Suspected ADHD 7 years ago- thought( hoped) I might have ADD instead of manic depression.
Finally cared enough about myself to "push" for evaluation three years ago.
Been growing and healing ever since.
It's a bumpy road at times, but worth it.
JRJ

Irish Mermaid
12-21-05, 07:18 PM
Female
Tri-Cities, WA
Diagnosed Aug 05 ADHD (primarily inattentive)
40 mg Adderall

NatalieR
12-23-05, 03:39 AM
I'm a fem., 24. I currently live in north Seattle, but am originally from Tri-Cities.

mbj0680
01-23-06, 02:50 PM
Mark
married, two kids, one on the way in june
diagnosed ADD Nov 05
live brier wa

NotBob1
01-25-06, 12:28 AM
Hi. I am a Male, 36, Married (Newly) living in Seattle. ADHD is already getting into the marriage. We are only into it by 1.5 years. Presently on 300mg Wellbutrin, 30mg Adderall XR twice and 20MG night. Zoloft 150mg. Synthroid too. (forgot how much) Seems like allot!

I've been on and off of this board. I am ADHD but compulsively organized. I do well when on meds, on time and eating correctly. Otherwise I seem to get out of sorts.

Presently looking to find Marriage counselor/therapist with an AD/HD (ADD) background. It seems to be slim pickins'

mfranks
02-01-06, 01:59 AM
I'm a 44 year old male living near Seattle. Diagnosed 3 wks ago with ADD with Mild Hyperactivity who my doctor says is highly compensated. My wife would disagree! :-) Just started my 2nd trial drug - Concerta (18mg)...

If you are interested in learning more... my 1st post (this evening) is in the Adult ADD forum under the Post: "Newly Diag'd & Starting Trial Meds (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25204)"

Mark

Deckard
02-21-06, 09:55 PM
New to the forum. ADD, just started Methyl - we'll see how it goes.
Looking forward to connecting with others.

37 male
Seattle
Advertising/Marketing

demonchaste
03-10-06, 01:11 PM
hi, my name is robert, i live in TACOMA, WA.. Was diagnosed in 1997 with a.d.d./major depression, i was 41, I now know i'm inattentive type, medication works for the most part, (dexedrine, desoxyn is too expensive), am 49, suffer from limbic depression and am collecting s.s.d.i.

ljdeb
03-22-06, 11:22 PM
hi, My name is Jerry..I have a son..with mild ADHD inattentive..but after son's diagnosis, both my wife and wonder...are well...we have taken Amen questionairres, and it doesn't eliminate it...being 38..I've lived this long and adapted..why go on drugs for it..right??? I'm so lost and confused

irishcoug
05-11-06, 07:16 PM
Hi
Mj
married two kids boy,17 ADD w/ inaattention and hyperactivity and girl,12.
diagnosed with ADD in Jan.2006
just quit taking 60 mg of straterra and 40 mg of celexa i am extremely ADD but finally feel awake for the first time since january! see dr. next week.
Seattle,WA

Iwalani8
06-08-06, 08:48 PM
hi!
i'm supposed to be studying for my two finals i have tomorrow.

well, i was diagnosed in the fall (at age 25) with inattentive type add. it made everything make sense.

since summer is coming up, why don't we have a meet-up? i live near volunteer park, maybe we could have a bbq? i love finding people to talk to about this stuff, as it has really turned my life around (self-esteem-wise along with the way i finally get along with my parents)

anyone up to it?

Plantgirl
06-18-06, 02:44 PM
Hi. I'm 52, female, inattentive ADD but realllly good at hyperfocusing and use this to get things done. Diagnosed about ?4 years ago. It's good to understand the disability but I need to refocus my eyes on goals and just motor through, as otherwise I will become more addled than necessary. I have found this forum and attitudes of those who post, helpful and realistic. Shawn

SeattleGuy
06-19-06, 06:03 PM
Male , 24 , Work in the Aerospace industry. Live in Everett.

Zach326
08-22-06, 06:40 PM
Male / 24

Diagnosed... to young to recall.

Medicated until the age of 20

I'm still trying to figure out this whole 'types of AD(H)D' thing.

I suppose I would be 'over-focused' as a great majority of my life is spent trying to shut my brain up so I can get some rest...

-silence is golden-

DanR
09-22-06, 05:10 PM
Dan, 45, married over 25 years, a daughter and a son.

both my son and I have been on Adderal XR for 3+ years

Life long South Snohomish county, North King county resident

J.J.
01-28-07, 01:31 AM
Diagnosed Jan. 2nd. w/ADD and slightly bi-polar. :)
Mom of 2 boys eldest has ADD. My Dad and bro have it too.
I never guessed/thought I had it till I filled out a survey on line and then went in to see my counselor. Today, finally convinced my husb. that we need to go in to see my counselor together so he can explain it all to both of us. Will be on something helpfull soon I hope.
oh, I'm in Kirkland somewhere in the woods.
Ciao,
J.J.

Calicogirl
04-11-07, 04:25 AM
Heather
35 years young
Diagnosed in Kindergaten back in the 70's when they were just figuring out this stuff.
Hyperactive
Stimulants make me really moody and lathargic. I can drink coffee or mocha and go right back to sleep.
No health insurance so I self medicate.
Bad Heather
My son now 12 also has ADD/D to the extreme
However I am somewhat intelligent and very happy go lucky when I am not on medicine.
Oh yea - I live in Redmond.
More on my introduction page

blueroo
07-05-07, 07:29 PM
Benjamin
27 years old
ADD, diagnosed in 88 or 89
Living in Seattle proper

AnalogDog
12-24-07, 01:45 AM
46 years old
Diagnosed in 2000
Mountlake Terrace

Bayashi
01-18-08, 07:17 PM
Diagnosed 12/2007
ADHD + OCD
Seattle

Starscreem
03-16-09, 11:53 AM
Brandon
Tacoma WA
Diagnosed in '07 - though i know I've had it for much longer.

My ADD does not seem to affect my work life as much as my home life. I just wanna help my self be a bit more stable for my family to be.

Old School MBD
03-25-09, 02:48 PM
Nick
Diag age 4 MBD-ADHD
20 miles North of Spokane

BarbP
04-01-09, 06:23 AM
Hi, all.... I'm Barb, 47 year old female, divorced, no kids, living in Olympia, WA.... diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago, after many years of misdiagnosis and confusion. Medication and a good therapist have been life-changing.

CynthiaH
04-29-09, 11:58 AM
Greetings from Cynthia Hammer

I joined the forum several years ago when director of the national non-profit organization, Attention Deficit Disorder Resources (www.addresources.org (http://www.addresources.org)) based in Tacoma, WA. I left them in December 2008, trained to become an ADHD coach and now have a coaching business. My website is www.cynthiahammer.com (http://www.cynthiahammer.com)

I would be happy to hear from others with ADHD in Washington state.

parsnipbug
05-22-09, 05:41 PM
Hi Everyone!!
I am now in the springdale wa area. I am a woman who was diagnosed at age 22 after two years of college. I am now 30. I am dating a man who is realizing adhd does have implications on life and wondering if anyone out there has any advice for him and encouragement, and what services there are for adhd in the spokane area. I am a trained teacher's aide and love doing adhd advocacy but am hoping praying to get into nursing or advocacy. I am originally from Canada.:rolleyes: I have adhd/ dysthymia.
Belle

Wingrider
10-14-09, 05:52 AM
My name is Spencer. I'm 41 and live in Orting, WA. with my beautiful, tolerant, understanding and most forgiving wife of 7 years. We have 3 children between us (2 of whom are still school age and are with us every other weekend), a walking stomach disguised as a beagle and a rather cranky Siamese cat.

When not dealing with (or actively ignoring) ADHD, I spend my time managing the Information Technology department of a small, critical access hospital. I love my job - although it became 10 fold more difficult when I was asked to take the Director's seat, earlier this year.

"Officially" Diagnosed with ADHD type 3 in 2003 - I became certain that I had it several years earlier after a night of hyper-focusing allowed me to read "Driven to Distraction" in one sitting. Looking back - there is little doubt I've actually had ADHD most of my life. (Interestingly - when I discussed the diagnosis with my parents, they recalled that my 2nd grade teacher (whom I still have nightmares about... :)) had suggested that I be tested for "Minimal Brain Defect". What parent isn't going to run right out and jump on that bandwagon, huh?

My Dr. continued prescribing medication, which was eventually switched to Adderall when the Ritalin became less effective. However, I did nothing beyond that to control the effects of ADHD on my life.

Even the most understanding of wives have their limits and mine reached hers a couple of weeks ago, when I made an impulsive decision to buy something and overdrew the checking account for the umpteen-billionth time.

I located a local Psychiatrist who specializes in behavior disorders and made an appointment. Within the first 10 minutes he suggested to me that the original diagnosis may not have gone far enough and that he also suspected Generalized Anxiety Disorder. WHAT?!! No way... I'm a generally laid-back guy, aren't I? Of course when I read the list of symptoms off to my wife, all she said was "Yep" and "Uh-huh" after all but 2 of them.

Okay, okay... It's apparently time to do battle with another neurological disorder. Please God, can this one be treated with medications that have minimal side effects... Please?

I am looking forward to meeting others who fight the same battles I do - perhaps if we compare notes (where the he11 did I put my notes?!) we can learn from one another's experience.

Song of Mercy
10-14-09, 07:23 AM
Hi Wingrider, you are in a good place here at this forum. I am sorry that you have to deal with the adhd and another disorder, and at the same time want you to know that there is truly much hope. So much is known today about these disorders and much of the wealth of that information is somewhere on this board.

I would like to encourage you to look through the list of forums and see which ones catch your interest. Since you are an IT administrator I would encourage you to look at the career section for support making smoother decisions at work and to have a place to bounce ideas around before you put them into action.

The relationship boards are a great place to get some advice on how to help your NT (neurotypical/non adhd :)) wife understand your disorder and to help you understand how she feels. You may be suprised how much you are able to glean there. Additionally, there is a section for her as well. If she wanted to she could get involved here as well.

The adult forums and the general add forum are the heart of the action for many people and it is there you can get general advice and support on AD/HD. If you do not know where to post, put it there. The mods will help you keep your post in the right area if you are not sure. So dont worry about putting a post in the wrong place..dont know which forum? Head to the general adult section.

In the cormorbid (co-occuring) section you will find an area dedicated to the adder w/anxiety and many other disorders. Thats the place for support on your particular challenges that arise from multiple disorders.

Finally, dont forget the med section.

The stickies in each section will give you a jump start on getting up to speed with your new dx, they will answer many of your questions and I encourage you to read through those as time and concentration allows.

This is a wonderful, unique and healthy community filled w/ life empowering and constructive information. I look forward to getting to know you on the boards!

Song

golferguy
01-24-10, 11:26 PM
27 Lacey,Wa

Hello, I am a 27yr old who has had add since being a young child. I am glad I found this great resource for information regarding this condition we share. I have just started back on the meds after being off of them for about 10 years. I am glad to be able to focus at work again and in life.

Jason
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls --> http://www.addforums.com/forums/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.addforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=791282)

Nellie_Bellie
02-02-10, 03:11 AM
Hey all my washingtonions Add friends!
I'm 24
Diagnosed in 2005
Live in spokane
I would LOVE to find/start a support group in the spokane (or surrounding) area! Let me know if anyone is interested or know of one that is here!
Janel

Nishira
03-30-10, 07:31 PM
Andy
Seattle
have know i've had it for years. tried to cope w/o medications but am at a point in my life where i want there are goals that i want to achieve that i think can be better served with the help of medication.

Cherie
04-11-10, 01:54 PM
Cherie
Vancouver WA

Fortune
07-31-10, 06:23 AM
nearly 41
south of Olympia

crackerbelly
11-24-10, 05:58 PM
56, male, Mount Vernon

ADHD-Inattentive

Diagnosed just this year.

TheADDwhisperer
11-27-10, 07:34 AM
Patrick
Whidbey Island
Short as I can
I have no idea how to classify my ADHD/ADD now. Since I was in second grade I tested again and again I took Rid. . For awhile in grade school and again in Freshman in high school. Rit just made me freakout a bunch at first then with the time release it was a bit less freak me out feeling.
My IQ tests always landed me in the high 130's yet I never liked school one bit. I was adopted and my parents spent 1000's upon 1000's on my ADHD. I was sent to a special HS's for learning disabled kids that was called Seguin on Greenwood AVE in Shoreline and East-side academic in Bellevue . Since I was a kid I react badly in large groups that are interacting like a birthday party. The only things I like to do are car work, building anything, fixing anything and so on. I am a savant when it comes to figuring things out and fixing things.

crackerbelly
12-04-10, 02:09 PM
Couldn't figure out where else to put this but it has to go somewhere here.

GO DAWGS! :D

water
12-07-10, 01:31 AM
34, diagnosed this past summer. My twenties were wrecked by depression and undiagnosed ADHD. I am taking meds, planning to do CBT, and very much looking forward to the future.

I currently live in Lynnwood and can't wait to leave it for Seattle or the east side.

Eklecktika
01-13-11, 06:30 PM
I'm Laurel, aka Eklecktika, and I live in Clarkston, which is, quite literally, across the river from Idaho. I'm from ID originally, I ended up in Wa because that's where the house I liked happened to be.

I have a son, a dog and a horse, I live with my sister, and I'm pretty severely ADD-pi, with GAD and dysthmia thrown in as well.

My life is currently a wreck, and something has to give. I just don't know which it will be at this point.

grandma lise
03-25-11, 01:08 AM
Diagnosed 20+ years ago with AD/HD, anxiety, working memory problems, and expressive and receptive language disabilities. I live north of Seattle. Nice forum you have here. I look forward to reading and posting.

Grandma Lise

DistractedDude
06-08-11, 12:47 AM
I'm Chris. 31 year old male and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. Forgot I had ADHD until recently and now I'm soaking up as much information as I can about the disorder and how others are coping with.

I live near Mount Vernon with a beautifuly, understanding and caring non-ADDer wife, a 17 y/o stepdaughter who is also an ADDer and a 1 y/o dog who probably is too.

I also like long walks on the beach and beautiful sunsets. (Really, who doesn't?)

Meshakhad
07-09-11, 05:28 PM
Michael
22 years old
ADD
Living in Redmond

Thomas812
08-10-11, 06:13 PM
Roll call huh?

I'm a 50 year old man that has been living with ADD my entire life. The last 10 years I have been on Concerta (54 mg daily) but started out on 90 mg until they were no longer available. I've found that I really do need to be medicated... I have also had some time with the TOVA test when I was in California, but other than saying that it seems like a good tool to measure attention, I can't say it helped that much. When I was tested, the Dr. would only evaluate me if I was caffeine and nicotine free. Need I say that was a waste of time?!?

Thomas812
08-10-11, 06:15 PM
hi
ann, wazzu student, bipolar+adhd. 26/F. dx'd last year.
what is "DX'd"?