View Full Version : Roll Call - South Dakota Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-20-03, 07:12 PM
This is a roll call for members living in South Dakota . Please give a brief intro.

Name

sherigraph
07-28-05, 11:44 AM
undefined
My name is Sheri.
I am in South Dakota, South East corner. I am 42 and have a 17 yo son who is ADD.

coyote
07-29-05, 02:06 PM
Hi Sheri,

I live in SD, too.

I'm 41 and I have ADD/ADHD.

It looks like it's just the two of here so far....

MissUnderstood
10-20-07, 05:59 PM
Hello!!

Missy

Western South Dakota

33 and I have ADD

meadd823
10-24-07, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forums Missy

mysticalman
09-22-09, 10:51 AM
Hi,

My name is John and I just turned 30.

I was recently diagnosed and trying to figure things out, but it has been a very frustrating experience so far as it seems like there is no one in Sioux Falls that understands Adult ADHD.

I have been bouncing between dumb ***** med students so I have not been able to find a consistant doc so far.

There is not a CHADD group to go to nor is there any kind of Adult ADHD group or what ever to seek out for support.

Does anyone have any good recomendations for docs in Sioux Falls, or any groups?

MM

MichelleH
10-06-09, 11:34 PM
Hi John,

My name is Michelle. I'm about to turn 23, and although I have not been formally diagnosed, I am looking for a support group or the like here in Sioux Falls also. I'm tired of being bounced around from dr to dr and having each one just write me a prescription and then dismissing me. GRRRR. It's frustrating! I'd like to know if you find anything, and I'll post back if I happen to find something. :)

Thanks,

Michelle

mysticalman
10-16-09, 12:39 PM
I have finally found a great doc who is not an intern and clueless, and who doesn't take a month or more to get into.

I have been working with him to tweak my meds, and he has been very open to trying different things.

Here is his info:
Dr. B
Communi Care LLC
508 Lovely Ave, Baltic, SD
(605) 529-5271 ‎

As far as groups go I am still looking. I guess if I cant find something maybe I should just start something up.

MM

Phayah
04-14-11, 08:14 PM
Bonnie
Midwest South Dakota (Black Hills/Rapid City area)
Diagnosed ADHD combined (4/14/11)

I'm 26, married, and I have a cute little one year old son! After struggling with depression/anxiety all my life I think I may have finally figured out what's really wrong with me.

I hope to get my life back in order now!

It's a little sad how few people from South Dakota there are. I hope I can help make a contribution here.

*Jewelz*
11-18-12, 04:48 AM
Amber

Sioux Falls

Diagnosed 2009... started with Ritalin for a year, then Adderall for 3 years. Now taking Vyvanse & hate it:)

deterred.damsel
02-27-13, 01:56 AM
Looks like I am a little late on this post!

My name is Haley, I am 20 years old, and I am a sophomore in college studying psychology. I was diagnosed with ADD around a year ago and I have taken Adderall ever since, it has truly changed the way that I look at life :)

domino
04-17-13, 10:02 PM
Hi there!

My name is Troy and from Sioux Falls.

Im 34 and always been diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger, but never got a presciption for it. Mainly because I always felt that everyone growing up has ADHD, or some form of mental illness that they are not willing to admit to. I mean, you remember some of your teachers, how could you not be ADD:D

I held off the last few years because I dont want any miseries associated with having mental issues on my record. Even found and practice meditation to exercise my mind to peace, which I never thought I would be doing as an adult.

Lately though, I have fallen behind personally, with my family, and at work. I have not completed everything important to me to get me where I need to go. I know it takes work from yourself, not only the medication to help with ADD, but I think a low dose of adderral, might help me push forward enough to get what I want.

Now, to find someone to bounce this off to, to see if it makes sense to them. Never really go to the doctor though, so here goes nothing.

dresser
04-21-13, 10:48 AM
we are never "late" if the "late" becomes the pressent,"now". no matter what time I get
up from sleeping that is the "start" of my day? or can be. N yes domino you make sense to me, hope that's enough bounce or at least enough to get started. And how come I never met all you South Dakota ADDer's when I would come to Sturgis or saw youre names in the location books when registering at the armory or road up N down thunder road, or buffalo chip camp grounds whet "T" shirt contests??lolol only jokin been to Sturgis many good times