View Full Version : A.D.D. video making fun or real

oddjobace
01-12-07, 11:08 AM
What do you all think of this video I found on the Web? Is it funny or mocking the struggles of ADD? I can relate to it myself and it could be very much what it's like.

oddjobace
01-12-07, 11:08 AM
Sorry Here it is

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=59488795bb3359ab5ce3cdbaa9311bd3.1195908&cache=1

Paws13
01-12-07, 04:51 PM
I found it pretty accurate :p

mcovey
01-12-07, 07:54 PM
It's actually somewhat correct... It's hard to accurately depict ADD in a video but it does a better job than those ones that are just hyper-speed flashes of information.. it's distractibility, I dont find the "like a TV with all the channels on at once" metaphor correct... it's more like a TV on auto-scan that changes the channel as soon as you start to realize or gain interest in what you're watching.. you have to keep pressing back to keep watching, and sometimes that doesn't work.

routhy
01-14-07, 11:36 PM
I found it pretty accurate :pI thought that too.

BMONEY
02-01-07, 09:37 PM
I never heard of ADD and hallucinations

~boots~
02-01-07, 11:58 PM
LOL LOL....Thats me :-)
heheheehehhe

ADDA
02-08-07, 06:13 PM
Whoa! Yahoo has a video section?

Anyway, I liked it. It described how I think most of the time...

Scattered
02-08-07, 07:53 PM
School is one of the places I actually can focus. That's more like me in Walmart.

Scattered

Zach326
02-08-07, 09:30 PM
seems like he was remote viewing to me!

He's not ADHD, he's psychic! :eek:

Swede63
02-08-07, 09:46 PM
I was distracted by the backround music:D

MeGgHeAd
02-09-07, 03:58 AM
yup.. that's pretty much how the last 5 or so years of college and university has been for me too.

nzkiwi
02-09-07, 09:35 AM
Reminds me of myself in school. Teacher would ask me a question, I'm like, "sorry, what were we talking about".:o I guess it's funny now when I look back on it. Always had a hard time keeping up in class.

The background music made me think he was going to be abducted by aliens.:D

tkdchic78
02-09-07, 12:09 PM
I think that's pretty accurate. Going off into a daydream unwillingly even when you're trying to focus. I feel for that guy because that was me in Organic Chem!

pedalpounder
02-09-07, 12:25 PM
I was distracted by the backround music:DHaha, yeah me too. I knew the tune but I couldn't point to who it was from, until the credits that is. And I'm the world's biggest Bon Jovi fan. Shame on me!

Winged Leo
06-04-07, 11:22 AM
heh, yeah. It reminds me of when someone says something about... potatoes; first your thinking about potatoes, then potato chips, then the different flavors, then what they use to make the different flavors, then what's in potato chips, then how much sodium there is in them, then you start thinking about your chemistry homework that you didn't do, then randomly you'll blurt out when your chemistry homework is due and ur friends are like...umm:confused:, where did that come from, cause they're still talking about potatoes:o.

...from potatoes to when your chemistry homework is due...:D it's like a chain of thought on full converyor speed!

mrroboto2
06-05-07, 01:29 AM
In 5th grade I was spacing out like that and the teacher asked me a question. I was so gone I didn't even hear him. Next thing I know an eraser (that the teacher threw at me) hits the side of my face, and he says something like "earth to Mark, come in Mark" and the whole class was laughing.

drone
06-05-07, 02:10 AM
OMG that's me ahahahahahaha

supersomeone
12-02-07, 12:33 PM
:( It said that is was no longer in the video section :(

hollyduck
12-02-07, 05:34 PM
In 5th grade I was spacing out like that and the teacher asked me a question. I was so gone I didn't even hear him. Next thing I know an eraser (that the teacher threw at me) hits the side of my face, and he says something like "earth to Mark, come in Mark" and the whole class was laughing.
You don't mention when this happened -- I hope not recently. We would hope that assault and humiliation aren't standard teaching procedure anymore.

Anyway, a story I heard about myself from a school friend (didn't remember the incident myself) was that in 2nd grade my teacher asked me a question -- I was so not there. The other kids started laughing at me and I, noticing something funny had apparently happened, joined in the laughter.

They apparently told this as an iconic story of what "the duck" was like, right on through high school. Nobody told ME the story till years later.

Ducky

drone
12-02-07, 06:50 PM
I have soooo many stories of spacing out only to find out that the board I was taking notes from was full of notes and the teacher was erasing the part I stopped copying from and had spaced out.

Friends that know me now, since my diagnosis this summer say "yeah, that SOOOO makes sense now."

My BFF in grad school took a research methods class with me and when she met me then kept wondering what in the world I was talking about. I ofcourse, was two or three thought jumps away by triggered a word, drawing or gesture... *sigh*

Its so annoying.

hollyduck
12-02-07, 08:00 PM
I have soooo many stories of spacing out only to find out that the board I was taking notes from was full of notes and the teacher was erasing the part I stopped copying from and had spaced out....
My last year in school (an adult course that ended about four years ago), I would take a digital camera to class, turn off the flash, and photograph each boardful of notes before it was erased. Just one quiet little "click" and it was all in the camera. A real boon for my carpal tunnel.

Ducky

blueroo
12-02-07, 11:10 PM
I wish the video was still available. :(

drone
12-03-07, 12:32 AM
it is I just watched it

blueroo
12-03-07, 01:49 PM
it is I just watched it

Where?

supersomeone
12-06-07, 12:25 AM
IT said that it was no longer avaible would you mind reposting the link please ?

arkyle
12-12-07, 04:13 PM
I want to watch it too :(

????
12-14-07, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I wanna see!

ADD_Pyrate_Gurl
12-17-07, 05:25 AM
Yeah! Me too! I wanna see it! It said it was no longer available! :( Please repost the link.....