View Full Version : Adults and Daytrana

HappyTaxa
01-16-07, 11:53 AM
I'm 22 and I've been taking Adderall IR for 6 or 7ish years. Recently, when I've taken it my blood pressure has been higher than it would be on days that I did not take adderall. So I asked my doctor about other meds and she suggested Daytrana because I could just peel it off whenever, instead of having it in my system all day. Before I took adderall I took Ritalin for a few years. Ritalin worked for me, but I switched because it gave me horrible stomach pain (probably from fillers). This patch deal sounds pretty good to me because it's ritalin that can't give me any stomach pain and might be less likely to cause hypertension.

I havn't started using Daytrana yet. I stopped taking adderall about a month ago, but would like to give it another week or two (or at least as long as I can without my grades dropping).

Does anyone know of any adults who have used Daytrana? If so, what did they find different when compared to adderall or ritalin?

netsavy006
01-31-07, 12:03 PM
I don't know if any adults are using daytrana but it has not been approved for it yet, as to my knowledge...

BabblingBrooke
02-06-07, 05:54 PM
My sister was prescribed it for her ADD/Fibermyalgia, and I am going to ask for it from my doctor on Friday. I am currently taking 20mg LA 3 times a day. She was prescribed the 20mg patch and since it only gives 2.2mg an hour you don't have the up and down side effects of the other LA or XR meds. Only is she gets headaches at night when she takes it off, but tylenol or advil take care of that.