View Full Version : Some Revision Advice for the Creative ADDers

boone1
01-22-07, 02:19 PM
As an ADHDer I have loads of trouble remembering anything for school. Lately i've noticed that I remember things in pictures and patterns.

So now when I need to remember key words for certain subjects or equations or facts I draw them in a big piture. Then when I need to recall the fact I just think of the picture and I can see it in my head.

I also put longer facts into poems and short stories that I later think about and can remember.

It works really well for me so I thought I'd share it with others and see if it helps them too.

Crazy~Feet
01-22-07, 02:33 PM
Lots of us are visual-spatial learners Boone :) another thing I have noticed is that if I actually write things in my own handwriting I can visualise my own handwriting. I cannot visulaise other people's handwriting or printed words, but if I rewrite it in my own hand it usually sticks. I did a LOT of rewriting of book passages and note taking in HS.

dormammau2008
01-23-07, 09:25 PM
you could try linking them with eveyday words events an to see if that bost your merroy in that way..... good luck dorm