View Full Version : Will be starting Clonidine again soon...

netsavy006
01-27-07, 10:08 PM
I will be re-starting clonidine therapy soon. Since the Lunesta is not helping anymore and I had good success on clonidine, I'm gonna switch back to it. I took 0.5mg in the morning and 0.5mg in the evening, and plan to stick with that schedule when re-starting therapy with clonidine. I'll make sure to keep you updated on my progress...

netsavy006
01-29-07, 08:59 AM
Going to see the doctor today to ask about the above.

netsavy006
01-29-07, 10:53 PM
Can't get to the clonodine yet. I have to wait a month off of sleep aids before making any switches.

netsavy006
02-20-07, 11:07 AM
Can clonodine be used as an anti-manic drug at all? I found that it calmed me at the .5mg dosage 2x/day...

speedo
02-20-07, 07:21 PM
clonidine and tenex help reduce anxiety a bit. That might be why it is often prescribed for motor tics.

Me :D

netsavy006
02-20-07, 08:14 PM
it works for my motor tics (clonidine)...

Universal
02-22-07, 04:45 PM
is clonodine for a.d.d and is it a stimulant or nonstimulant

netsavy006
02-22-07, 05:05 PM
clonidine is an anti-hypertensive drug (non-stimulant) used primarily used for high blood pressure but has gained popularity for use in hyperactivity as well...

Universal
02-22-07, 05:57 PM
strattera made me very angry , is clonidine different from that ? does it makes you happy and more active ?

netsavy006
02-22-07, 06:12 PM
It's helps calm you down...

strattera did the same for me too. (Anger)...

Universal
02-22-07, 10:00 PM
dude lol when i was on strattera and i was on the public bus to work and some kids was to go to school, they were acting stupid on the bus, normally i would ignore it but on strattera i felt like standing up and telling them to STFU and sit down before i ***** them up, like strattera takes my pussyness away and makes me into a gangsta/thug , it's crazy bro, on strattera i won't hesitate to say anything to anyone, and i work out a special muscle which makes me swing my punches very fast, so n***az would get a beat down lol. strattera made me into a man , if i had a gf on straterra ill probabley be abusive idk, and i'm a rly nice guy to tell u the truth. but anyhow clonidine works very different then strattera right?

netsavy006
02-22-07, 10:04 PM
clonidine and strattera are two totally different drugs, not even chemically related. They aren't even in the same class of drugs. Strattera is a drug used for ADHD but clonidine is used mainly for high blood pressure. Studies found it had anti-'hyperactive' effects on adhd people too...

Universal
02-22-07, 10:10 PM
clonidine and strattera are two totally different drugs, not even chemically related. They aren't even in the same class of drugs. Strattera is a drug used for ADHD but clonidine is used mainly for high blood pressure. Studies found it had anti-'hyperactive' effects on adhd people too...
if i ask my doctor to prescribe me clonidine you think he'll approve it, like would he know that it works for a.d.d

netsavy006
02-22-07, 10:51 PM
He/She should be aware of it. I think the doctor would prescribe it but he/she will start at a very low dosage because it could cause hypotention if you take too much...

Universal
02-22-07, 11:06 PM
what's hypotention , and do you have AIM by any chance

netsavy006
02-23-07, 09:50 AM
I use AIM... It should be in my user info...

hypotention is low blood pressure.

Universal
02-23-07, 11:10 AM
I use AIM... It should be in my user info...

hypotention is low blood pressure.
you think this will be in great combination along with paxil?

Sargon
02-23-07, 12:10 PM
Is it the same as Klonopin?

netsavy006
02-24-07, 12:12 PM
Unfortunatly probably not:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" height="20" valign="top"> https://www.aidsmeds.com/images/moderate.gif Moderate Drug-Drug Interaction: clonidine (clonidine) and Paxil (paroxetine) <hr> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top">
</td></tr> <tr><td> MONITOR: The concomitant administration of agents with hypotensive effects and psychotherapeutic agents (e.g., anxiolytics, sedatives, hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics), narcotic analgesics, alcohol, or muscle relaxants may additively increase hypotensive and/or central nervous system depressant effects. MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for hypotension and excessive or prolonged CNS depression. Ambulatory patients should be made aware of the possibility of additive effects (e.g., drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, confusion, orthostasis, fainting) and be cautioned about driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous tasks, and to arise slowly from a sitting or lying position. Patients should also be advised to notify their doctor if they experience excessive side effects that interfere with their normal activities, or dizziness and fainting.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

netsavy006
02-24-07, 12:13 PM
clonidine and klonopin are 2 totally different drugs. klonopin is an anti-anxiety medication called a benzodazipine. clonidine is an anti-hypertensive drug used for high blood pressure, but it is used for adhd and minor anxiety as well...

netsavy006
02-24-07, 01:28 PM
Here's a wikipedia article on clonidne:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine

netsavy006
03-01-07, 09:42 AM
I got a clonidine prescription for .5mg every evening around 6pm. Don't know if I'm going to take it yet.