View Full Version : Help Band director doesn't understand me

bandie08
02-02-07, 10:53 AM
It feels like my band director is starting to get impatient with me because I have a hard time staying focused and I ask the same question every Wednesday "Do we have band today after school?" We usually do have band after school every wednesday now he's cancelling them. I am trying very hard to understand. I also got denied so many times this year and last year I asked if i could do music theory 1 last year and it got denied and I'm already having a hard year because im Failing Math and stuff like that. It really hurts when someone doesn't understand you.:(

livinginchaos
02-02-07, 08:09 PM
It definitely is difficult working closely with people who don't get you.

Have you sat down with your band director and explained why you ask the same Q every Wednesday?

I highly suggest you do that. Explain to him the things that are difficult for you and ask for a little patience. Also, explain why you want to take theory and ask him why you are unable to.

I hope this helps!!

Courtney

boone1
02-10-07, 04:44 PM
Wow this is really weird, I have band practise on wednesdays at school and I too have to ask almost every week if it's on!

I can't think of any advice apart from what livinginchaos said.

Good luck :cool:

Imnapl
02-10-07, 06:39 PM
Ask a reliable classmate every week rather than the teacher?

bandie08
03-01-07, 08:49 AM
Ask a reliable classmate every week rather than the teacher?
actually the other kids could care less if we have it or not I wish they would get serious about band and practicing I practice every day for an hour. so my band director is the only one I can rely on.

jittery guy
04-10-07, 02:01 PM
what i would do is ask him to write it on the board when u have practice...