View Full Version : Just a note for teachers...

boone1
02-06-07, 05:41 PM
I am really fed up with teachers that don't listen, I'm not having a go at all teachers, some are fantastic.

These are some things I'd like my teachers to know. They never listen to me so I'm writing it down so they have no choice but to read it. I'm also posting it on here in case teachers on the forums may find it useful.

Please do not assume that just because I am young, I do not know what is best for me. I may not know everything but I definatly know some ways in which I can do better in my school work. I would like some involvement in the decision making.
I know how frustrating it can be to teach someone with ADHD. Try living with it! If I am frustrating you then please tell me otherwise how can I change? I can take constructive criticism.
Never say something like "He has ADHD, he can't help it." Because that is not true, I can help it just with some support. Don't let me use my ADHD as excuse.
It's obvious that I don't learn the same way as most at my school, let me learn my own way. If I am getting good grades by learning in my own way without disrupting any lessons then why not let me?
Well that's pretty much it. I hope people understand what I mean because I'm not very good at explaining.

VisualImagery
02-08-07, 11:38 PM
Boone, I am a teacher with ADD who is experiencing the same thing with administration-the system can suck sometimes can't it?

Just know many of us really do care-Find a teacher or two who will be supportive-it will help you a lot.

My heart goes out to you-Keep me in your thoughts too would you? I disclosed my ADD and the fallout is not pretty.

Take care,
RADD

ClearConfusion
02-09-07, 12:38 AM
boone, I think you said that very well!

boone1
02-09-07, 06:50 AM
boone, I think you said that very well!

Boone, I am a teacher with ADD who is experiencing the same thing with administration-the system can suck sometimes can't it?

Just know many of us really do care-Find a teacher or two who will be supportive-it will help you a lot.

My heart goes out to you-Keep me in your thoughts too would you? I disclosed my ADD and the fallout is not pretty.

Take care,
RADD
Yeh the system really does suck sometimes. I know that there are loads of teachers out there that do care, I just wish there was more of them.

VisualImagery
02-09-07, 11:41 PM
Boone, it got suckier today-but they be messing wid da wrong mama!

You helped me yesterday-All I am going to do is what is best for my students and the heck with the rest! I also learned that you cannot trust certain people.

The best to you and do know that some of us teachers do care.

You matter and are important and deserve dignity and respect. You are smart and gifted and talented-can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your life!

RADD

boone1
02-13-07, 06:46 PM
Boone, it got suckier today-but they be messing wid da wrong mama!

You helped me yesterday-All I am going to do is what is best for my students and the heck with the rest! I also learned that you cannot trust certain people.

The best to you and do know that some of us teachers do care.

You matter and are important and deserve dignity and respect. You are smart and gifted and talented-can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your life!

RADD
The teachers in this world should be more like you!

People like you, who actually care about whats best for the children should be listened to and should also be respected.

Thanks for that post you really made me smile. :D

VisualImagery
02-13-07, 07:10 PM
How are things Boone?

I am getting help from several sources and we will have to see what the future holds!

Take care.

boone1
02-15-07, 09:13 PM
Things are going well at the moment, I got a reply from my tutor asking to arrange an meeting with him and my SENCo on Monday.

In this meeting not only am I going to speak about how I wish to be treated in school, but I am also going to ask for everybody to be treated this way. I had to write them a letter for them to listen to me and not everyone in the school is going to do that.

I have also been invited to be a part of my schools Special Educational Needs Group which is a group of students and teachers who think of ways to help children in our school with SEN's which I think is really great and I can't wait to get started on some of my ideas. I know what could have helped me during the past 5 years that Iv'e been at this school and I really want to share my ideas to help other kids.

I am happy to hear that you are getting help, good luck and let me know how things go!

VisualImagery
02-16-07, 06:21 PM
Boone, this is an awesome idea! Never heard of a school doing that before. I wish you well. The written word is very powerful, use it! It always feels good to help others. Even if only one person listens, that is 100% more than heard the message before.

I am doing ok. All I can say now. ME

Things are going well at the moment, I got a reply from my tutor asking to arrange an meeting with him and my SENCo on Monday.

In this meeting not only am I going to speak about how I wish to be treated in school, but I am also going to ask for everybody to be treated this way. I had to write them a letter for them to listen to me and not everyone in the school is going to do that.

I have also been invited to be a part of my schools Special Educational Needs Group which is a group of students and teachers who think of ways to help children in our school with SEN's which I think is really great and I can't wait to get started on some of my ideas. I know what could have helped me during the past 5 years that Iv'e been at this school and I really want to share my ideas to help other kids.

I am happy to hear that you are getting help, good luck and let me know how things go!