View Full Version : Helpful Tips for putting on the Daytrana patch!!!

bretthammer2000
02-11-07, 12:23 PM
Seeing that so many people are having problems putting on the patch I thought this would be a great place for everyone to share their tips for getting the backing off the patch and getting it to stick.

*** I have found popping the patch in the freezer for a few minutes before I am going to put it on makes peeling the back off painless and easy.***

Fuu!
02-11-07, 12:29 PM
When it's sticking to the backing, I scratch the backing of mine with a nail file.

inspired101.200
03-08-07, 01:43 PM
I fold it gently along the crease and use a good pair of tweezers to grab one of the points and pull it off. Then I place that side down, hold it for 30 seconds to get it to stick, then do the same with the other part of the backing. It seems to work pretty well for me.

obbligato
05-21-07, 07:58 AM
I keep mine in the fridge and then I don't have to wait I can apply it right way. Backing comes off easy. Just don't handle the patch with warm hands too much.

P's Mom
08-04-07, 05:11 PM
DS just started the Daytrana patch yesterday. Took me two tries to get the backing off. Wasted one patch. Then I read the tip here to refridgerate the patches, so I did. Today I also wasted a patch. :( I will try putting it in the freezer tomorrow. Seems to have worked well though, DS has been pretty low key all day.

Anyone else have suggestions??

Focus88
09-28-07, 02:45 PM
Make up remover works the best for getting off the adhesive that is left behind. I've used baby oil, but the make up remover is the charm.

Matt S.
09-28-07, 03:00 PM
I am asking my doc for the patch is there really this crisis with removing it, well at least I know what to look forward to.

netsavy006
09-28-07, 05:53 PM
I would let the doctor know about what is going on. Make sure you are not placing the patch where there are loads of hair. Like with bandaids, it will stick to the hair and make it harder to get off.

rigdon
10-22-07, 11:50 AM
Putting the patch in the freezer does work. I have had no problem taking the backing off once I started doing this.

BobbyK
11-13-07, 11:37 PM
also when you take the patch off If you put a good skin cream like vit. E on the place where the pach was it will help with the burning in the long run

InvitroCanibal
01-15-14, 04:33 PM
There is some bad info here. It is against manufacturer specifications to put your patch in the freezer. Folding it in half is the way to do it, but I find its best to peel both sides before applying it.

After that the next important thing is how you apply it. If applying to hip area make sure its clean, best to shower before putting it on, but make sure the area is completely dry.

When applying to an area do NOT stretch that area with the objective to make the surface firm. It is best to keep the area relaxed, other wise you risk ending up with crinkles in the patch.

For example: if applying to the left hip; do not lean to the right while applying the patch. Once you go back to normal you will get crinkles where the entire patch fails to adhere to the skin evenly and more importantly, water tight.

I find applying to my upper arm bicep works best but thats just me. The final thing is you need to hold the patch for 30 seconds to the skin. (think temporary tattoo)