View Full Version : Living With Bipolar

Xanthia04
02-22-07, 11:59 PM
Living with Bipolar, can be hard, especially when you are not medicated. You're moods can change in an instant, which can make you do a lot of things. I find it's been worse the last few months, even though I have had it a few years.... I don't always know how to cope with it, because I also live with Cerebral Palsy (Brain & Muscle Condition) but overall I manage too live everyday, no matter how hard it gets!:)

netsavy006
02-24-07, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the Forums Xanthia04. I understand your frustrations. Having bipolar myself, I know what it's like not knowing how you are going to feel every day when you get up. It is something we have to deal with. i do appreciate your attitude. It's a nice and positive one. We will get through this. Just remember to stay strong. We have a sub-section of the forums called Advocacy and Coaching if you are interested in being a part of it. Best of Luck and keep us updated.

Andy...

acceptance
04-23-07, 03:39 AM
Joining the CLUB ...its a long hard road,especially when ya partner puts the knife in sideways.Geez,cant anyone get it right,instead of added stress.Hey this could go well 4 a new thread?...take care.

acceptance
04-23-07, 04:58 AM
Got carried away with my own ****,verbally it cant happen here,but feelings here are humungous,hope you're doin ok,...hey,OK IS GOOD,dont ever try harder,just chill and surf around here,,..we've got an awesome site here,lets make the most.:D give us all a smile!I'm sad u feel sad.:(

Lipz17
04-23-07, 06:39 AM
Are you able too see a doctor too get on medication?Do you want medication? IS there anything that i can help you with ?as in finding doctors or anything? I am very willing to help you as much as i am able too from where i am.Big hugs to you!!!

justhope
04-23-07, 08:00 AM
We are all here if you need us. Hey Lipz..how are you??? Long time no see?

And Acceptance, please let us know if you need anything. I am a new member to the "cycling" club (meaning BPD) , as of Sept of last year.

Happy to help you with any questions, if you need to vent....or anything else....

Take care Hope

Matt S.
04-23-07, 12:38 PM
We welcome you to the cycling club, I myself turn from a nice good natured young man into an elderly person who sits in a chair and complains and gets agitated for 3-5 days straight, I am the essential Mixed State Warrior fighting the battle of depression with kick, I have been bipolar and hyperactive since a child so I have lived it for life. There are plenty of us that know how you feel, I have my medication denial phases and get burned (ADHD and bipolar meds, my latest 'I'm cured' fit is with stimulant meds). Summer is here so my mood is going to go black like most in the winter

bltscience
05-04-07, 12:06 PM
I have been diagnosed with BP/ADD two years ago and have been taking medication ever since. I have been lucid, level and have not had manic episodes coupled with unorganized thoughts for years. The issue is, my family life is a disaster. The scars from the past are deep. My wife does not forgive me, my wife does not trust me.

Before help, was on the ultimate spending spree. I bought up property, cars, all kinds of crap. I was making great money in sales. But then I lost my job. People could not deal with my obnoxious behavior. I never finished anything I started, I was all over the place.

After medication, I am gainfully employed and getting the money in again. It truly is promising. But the remnant of mistakes still exists. To fix some of them, I have several homes, we are selling a couple of them. My wife does not trust me with selling them (rightfully so). We need to sell them to get back on track financially. Since getting on medication, my career is going well, my ability to do our finances are much better organized, my mood swings do not happen like they did.

Because the real estate market is not moving and we are not out of the hole, the pain of the past is surfacing again. My wife just wants the roller coaster to stop. Because we have not sold the property, she sees this as the problem is not fixed. For the most part I agree. But now, I have a plan, I have real revenue coming, I am working with all the debtors so we do not destroy our credit. No matter what I say, no matter what spreadsheets I show her to clearly mark the progress, my wife cries that she just wants it all to stop.

Any thoughts? Do I just need to shut up and take the lumps? Should I empathize more?

jkron
05-06-07, 11:36 AM
hey Blt. I can completely relate to your issues (I work in the mortgae industry myself). I feel for your situation and I can also relate to your wifes issues regarding wanting it to just stop. I also say that to myself. One thing that has been working well for me is by almost forcing my wife to read books about the illness. She is starting to accept that it is an illness and needs to be monitored and treated opposed to fighting every "episode" that I have. It has also forced us to comunicate much better.

I can sympathize with your wifes pain, but until she recognizes the illness I think she is going to continue having trouble with it. Don't get me wrong I realize that is a difficult think to accept or do, bu I also believe it will be your responsibility to "Make" her understand.

As far as taking the lumps and shutting up, I definately don't think you should Shut Up, but unfortunately with the real estate market the way it is you might have to just take your lumps. With that said, it is what it is and there is nothing you can personally do about it. I think you should empathize with your wife and try to explain to her it was the illness and now that you are more aware of it and if she works with you that you can make sure it doesn't happen again. The first step is forgiving yourself for any past mistakes and just move forward. Dwelling on the past and "what could have been" i've found to be a destructive and useless endevour.

Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any other issues that I can help with. Best of luck to you.

Jkron

Istra
06-15-07, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the Forums Xanthia04. I understand your frustrations. Having bipolar myself, I know what it's like not knowing how you are going to feel every day when you get up. It is something we have to deal with. i do appreciate your attitude. It's a nice and positive one. We will get through this. Just remember to stay strong. We have a sub-section of the forums called Advocacy and Coaching if you are interested in being a part of it. Best of Luck and keep us updated.

Andy...I am interested in the Coaching. It is tough sustaining my moods and my drives at a consistent level having bipolar. I have so many ideas but I can't seem to focus on them long enough to get them all into action. My desk is like a tree- it has layers and layers of notes and reminders for projects and a blackboard to remind me of my projects (in order of priority) so I do not loose focus. Other than that, I need help organizing my thoughts. I have a Psychotherapist and a Psychiatrist but a Coach might be good. I have so many great ideas but I have a hard time organizing them and I get soooo frustrated!!! I need a coach! Help.

Crazy~Feet
06-15-07, 06:43 AM
http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=313

Finder of Lost Posts to the rescue ;).

Istra, you did not mention whether you believe the overflow of ideas is from ADHD or from BP manic episodes, or a combination of both maybe?

And welcome to the ADDF Cycling Team, our punnish terminology for the BP members group we have here, who provide support and information for others like us who live with both disorders.