View Full Version : This could helpful to someone here!

mrshaupt
02-23-07, 08:08 PM
I posted this under another thread, but also wanted to start a new thread about it.

I found the ADD Forums at a time when my husband and I were at a breaking point. He suffers from ADHD and was receiving fantastic treatment in the USA - great psychiatrist and proper meds (Concerta).

When we moved to the UK, he assumed he could simply continue his treatment, but then you all know how the story ends and you have all been through this :( Months of being thrown back and forth by doctors who laughed at him saying that adult ADHD does not exist and that he should take depression medication instead. Nobody cared! His job and our marriage were suffering tremendously and we did not have any hope!

Well, fast forward to a few weeks ago. My husband's mom is a natural-stuff-fanatic and is always sending us herbs, pills and what have you. We don't usually try most of the things because we are skeptical, but she is very sweet for caring. Anyways, she sent a package of New Nordic Brains she had been told does wonders for people with ADHD.

My husband was so desperate that he decided to try them. Well, words cannot describe how thankful I am that my mother in law sent him those pills!! After just a couple of days, he was able to work and focus like he did while on Concerta and was himself again! The best part was that there is none of the side effects from the drugs and no having to go through the hassle of seeing those horrible doctors he was seeing before!

I still can't believe we have our lives back again! From thinking there was no hope, my husband is now happy, energetic and confident again! I first thought it was too good to be true and that these pills would stop working after a couple of weeks, but my husband is still feeling great!

Anyhow, I am just writing because I now how devastating ADHD can make someone feel as I watched that on my husband's face for years! And the fact that we are in the UK and almost nobody is willing to help, makes it even harder! I have seen how Brains has helped my husband, and truly hope that others may benefit from it too.

I just wanted to tell our story. I pray everyday that this may be the permanent help my husband was hoping for... I just don't know what would happen is someday this stops working... We were even considering moving the whole family (all 6 of us) to the US just because of how ADHD was affecting my husband's job and our personal lives!

A weight has been lifted - I only hope it will remain like this

thebluenile
02-25-07, 08:57 PM
Yes, treatment for Adults with ADHD in the UK is a sick joke.

There's a new NHS guideline on it due next year so hopefully that will improve things:

http://www.nice.org.uk/page.aspx?o=207034

(Don't hold your breath though)