View Full Version : Dont you hate it when...

Mrjello
02-23-07, 09:30 PM
People who dont have ADHD or ADD talk about drugging thier kids or geting all doped up or whats best for ADHD or ADD when they themselves dont have ADHD AT ALL!!! they are so ignorant they make me so damn mad... sorry just needed to vent

i just really cant stand the ignoriness(sp?) and my family doesnt even take this serously its so frustrating i really do feel all alone in this ever sence i found out "hey this isnt how everyone else thinks or acts or feels you've just got a disorder" i just hope these meds start to help me out... sorry again just needed to vent...

so glad i found this place :) :) :) :D :) :) :)

MS0178
02-23-07, 10:05 PM
Yeah. Its like when a non-smoker tells a smoker "I don't understand why you don't just quit!" Well, sometimes people who arent directly affected by the problem can have a difficult time understanding exactly what is going on. Just remember, you're not alone, and only you know what works or dosent work for you. Best of luck to you MrJello!

sp-Ignorance

Crazy~Feet
02-23-07, 11:01 PM
Yes this bugs me. I MEDICATE my child for very good reasons. I once read the blog of a scrapper in which she cheered "WE don't need no stinkin' Ritalin!" :eyebrow: and I left her a comment and blasted her a good one. Turns out she would rather believe the propaganda sites on the internet than listen to advice of an adult with ADHD, the daughter of a man with ADHD, who is the mother of children with ADHD...nope! "WE don't need no stinkin' Ritalin!"...as though the THEY who needed Ritalin were some kind of losers. I sure hope HER child does not vanish several times, requiring police and fire company intervention, because he cannot control his impulsivity like MY child did. And if he does and she has the nerve to stress about it publicly on her blog??

I am going to laugh at her and tell her "I told you so!"...I am watching her ;) "BELIEVE IT!" (in my best Naruto voice).

That felt good to rant a little bit. Thanks for the thread Jello :).

Matt S.
02-24-07, 01:14 PM
Some people, like myself were overmedicated by their parents as children in an abusive fashion, I was literally one of the 'zombie children' with an 'ADDerall mom' and the whole 9 yards (the reason's the Anti-psych's have ammo). I have ADHD and get kind of reactive when people like you generalize like that. I am not today but there are days where I would be nasty about the generalization. I accept my past and am growing up but my situation is possible so have some respect

netsavy006
02-24-07, 01:22 PM
..."WE don't need no stinkin' Ritalin!"...
That sounds like Tom Cruise. He don't belive in Anti-Depressants either...

netsavy006
02-24-07, 01:24 PM
Personally I think all types of medications are needed for the vast range of psychological disorders that exist today. I mean you wouldn't put "no more avandia" at people who have diabetes. So why to the same w/ mental illness? I think it's just a lack of knoledge about the condition and people beliving the common misconceptions they may read or hear from various mediums...

Crazy~Feet
02-24-07, 02:52 PM
Some people, like myself were overmedicated by their parents as children in an abusive fashion, I was literally one of the 'zombie children' with an 'ADDerall mom' and the whole 9 yards (the reason's the Anti-psych's have ammo). I have ADHD and get kind of reactive when people like you generalize like that. I am not today but there are days where I would be nasty about the generalization. I accept my past and am growing up but my situation is possible so have some respectPeople like your mother also peeve me, mspen :mad: its supposed to be helpful medication, not a way to beat and zombify your child into submission!

I would love to meet your mother in a dark alley ;) I have enough past abuse issues of my own to find the idea of crusading against all forms of child abuse a very comforting thought indeed.

netsavy006
03-01-07, 10:20 AM
People who dont have ADHD or ADD talk about drugging thier kids or geting all doped up or whats best for ADHD or ADD when they themselves dont have ADHD AT ALL!!!...

Though I know I do this myself, I don't like it at all...