View Full Version : Newly Diagnosed

laprius
02-26-07, 06:04 AM
Well today it is official, my 14 year suspicion has been confirmed and I am part of the Addahadda family ;) I think the best bit about all of it is that I feel validated that I wasn't just clutching at straws and that now I know what I am dealing with the way forward seems that little bit clearer :D

Cheers

Lap

Ichpuchtli
03-10-07, 10:20 PM
Great. Now for one of my most hated phrases. Welcome to the first day of your life.

justhope
03-10-07, 10:23 PM
Congrats :eyebrow: ?????

And like Ich said...welcome to the rest of your life....

and new journey....and adventure!

laprius
04-08-07, 09:40 PM
After a comedy of errors (why does my life seem to be full of them at the moment? ;) I actually started on meds on Saturday just gone

Wow! I could actually feel my brain calm down and the brakes come on! I don't know if the effect is going to stay as pronounced but it was amazing to feel like there wasn't 1000 thoughts running around in my head at once!

I can actually feel it kick in and wearing off too atm...is this common?

I love you Ritalin! ;)

mijahe
05-03-07, 11:23 PM
Well today it is official, my 14 year suspicion has been confirmed and I am part of the Addahadda family ;) I think the best bit about all of it is that I feel validated that I wasn't just clutching at straws and that now I know what I am dealing with the way forward seems that little bit clearer :D
Hi laprius,
Who did you see for your diagnosis?

acceptance
05-18-07, 02:45 AM
dont know if i'd "LOVE' ritalin.never had it and dont want to,why cause the dex's are the way for me.(adhd) you?

laprius
06-03-07, 08:56 PM
Well I am loving the fact that my brain has brakes now and that helps me to work a lot better than ever. :)

As far as diagnosis, I went to the adult ADHD clinic at Prince of Wales in Randwick after a referral from my psych.

acceptance
06-07-07, 08:52 AM
:) Im glad its working out for you,:)

AsmodeanForsakn
06-13-07, 04:02 AM
I know how you feel Laprius, for years I have had a life full of dead ends & false starts... After being diagnosed 5 weeks ago, I was put on meds 4 weeks ago, with instant results. So much so that revising for my exams (I have had 3 of my 4 exams already, today,yesterday & the day before yesterday) was so much more organised than I have ever been & I finished my notes in the middle of last week! Miracles DO happen - sometimes we just need a little help! Know what you mean about your meds, I feel the same way about my dex!